GDT: 1/11/24 Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres 7 pm MSGtv radio

bob_sauve28

6 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Victory!   3 out of 4 in 24.   That's not bad.   Onto the next one.   

UPL was ok tonight, was he good enough to take control over the net ??  I might play Levi next game but that's his last chance 

UPL was good, 3rd goal was very weak, otherwise solid.

• Like (+1) 1

Canucks game will tell me a lot. If this team really has playoff talent it will show up for this one. If it's another drubbing I will conclude we have overestimated what these guys can do. Coaching ,gm and ownership blame is getting old for me. Youth excuses too.

5 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Ok.  One in a row.  

As @Norcal points out the Sabres are 4 out of 6. That's a more positive take on their last half dozen games. This home stand is still very salvageable. The Sabres had three separate 8 non-winning streaks last year. That hasn't been the case this year where we seem to have a regular pattern of winning a game and then losing the next game. There are a number of members here who have thrown in the towel on this season. I'm not one of them. Although this certainly has been an exasperating season, it is far from being a lost cause. There is still plenty of time to crawl back into the playoff race. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

idk what some of you are talking about. I thought that was pretty atrocious hockey on both sides. Both teams basically playing to where they sit in the division  standings (last and second to last).

Giroux as a real veteran leader tried his best to lift them but otherwise that team looks like they've cashed it in for the season. Coach firing definitely hasn't worked. We were about the same as we usually are. Sabres have some snipers who can score any time any moment, we know this, and they did, but overall it was sloppy inconsistent bad hockey all around. 

But hey, win's a win. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

idk what some of you are talking about. I thought that was pretty atrocious hockey on both sides. Both teams basically playing to where they sit in the division  standings (last and second to last).

Giroux as a real veteran leader tried his best to lift them but otherwise that team looks like they've cashed it in for the season. Coach firing definitely hasn't worked. We were about the same as we usually are. Sabres have some snipers who can score any time any moment, we know this, and they did, but overall it was sloppy inconsistent bad hockey all around. 

But hey, win's a win. 

I don't disagree. With any of this. But I do like the win.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

But hey, win's a win. 

You are what your record says you are.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

I'm really happy Cozens was able to add the empty-netter. Needed that +/- bump tonight.

People discount the value of EN goals but they often secure victory.  Dylan outworked 2 Sens to get that goal, there was nothing easy about it.  He earned it.

18 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Hard to believe this team is 3 games out of a wild card berth. 

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

People discount the value of EN goals but they often secure victory.  Dylan outworked 2 Sens to get that goal, there was nothing easy about it.  He earned it.

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

Though an empty netter, that was a really fine goal by Cozens. Got the puck, went by two different players with two nifty moves, off the board and then a nice cut to the left to clear his path. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.