Retired memes

Doohickie

You all know I post memes in the Game Day Threads for when players score goals and when other things happen- big goalie saves, coach things, yeah.

I came across some of my old meme pics and thought I'll give them one last showing before leaving them behind forever.

First up is a Ralph Krueger meme.  It speaks to my belief that I always thought he was kind of a shyster or con-man, or at the very least one of those proclaimed self-help gurus that coaches people how to (impossibly) pull themselves up by their own bootstraps.

So I turned him into one of those clickbate ads.

The meme:

48862288406_3563187aa1_c.jpg

Edited by Doohickie
  • Haha (+1) 6

Posted (edited)

Here's another one... maybe call it a "proto-meme" because it's really old and has no words.  But someone in a thread talked about making the Sabres logo the most Buffalo possible.  So we added Genny Creme and kielbasa.

17238521562_da11359980_c.jpg

Edited by Doohickie
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Here's another one... maybe call it a "proto-meme" because it's really old and has no words.  But someone in a thread talked about making the Sabres logo the most Buffalo possible.  So we added Genny Creme and kielbasa.

Wasn’t there a poster who used this as their photo for a while? 

9 hours ago, Doohickie said:

My grandfather would have wholeheartedly approved of this.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I love Genny Cream Ale! 

In moderation, of course 🤥

• Haha (+1) 1

SickBuffalo_Sabres_Logo.thumb.png.c821d8b33d403d3590980a824b4604a2.png

Not a meme, per se, but I had this laying around from earlier in the "wandering in the desert" Sabres generation. Hand-modified by yours truly, although doesn't appear that it needs to be retired yet.

• Thanks (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

I can't stand any Genny products, and I live in Rochester. 

At this point I think it's more popular among WNY expats than it is in WNY.  When I see Genny Creme here in TX I think, "Yeah, it's crap beer, but it's our crap beer, dammit!"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

At this point I think it's more popular among WNY expats than it is in WNY.  When I see Genny Creme here in TX I think, "Yeah, it's crap beer, but it's our crap beer, dammit!"

Genny Bock is actually quite good, but it's only sold from late January into March.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Genny shows up in really weird places. I was living in the mountains of western NC and they started carrying 30 packs of Genny at the local food lion. Not only was it strange to see Gennys, but it’s also the only time I’ve seen 30 packs down south. 

On 1/9/2024 at 7:50 AM, #freejame said:

Wasn’t there a poster who used this as their photo for a while? 

If I were taking a wild guess I would have pegged that photo for d4rksabre.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2024 at 2:59 PM, Jävə Keith said:

Genny Screamers!

All beer gives you the shits.  Just like eating Taco Bell doesn’t immediately make me duece.  These weird tropes that exist is folklore, people just perpetuate them do no good reason.  

As someone who spent a decade plus drinking 10+ beers a night, every morning, regardless of brand was an ugly scene in the bathroom.  I don’t know if there is something in Cream Ale that affects certain people but I’ve never thought, wow my poops are way different and worth calling a special name after I drink this type of beer.  

On 1/10/2024 at 7:32 AM, Doohickie said:

I never got the disdain for all things Genny.  They make a fine beer.  I’ll take any Genny products over the national macro brews like Budweiser.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, inkman said:

All beer gives you the shits.  Just like eating Taco Bell doesn’t immediately make me duece.  These weird tropes that exist is folklore, people just perpetuate them do no good reason.  

As someone who spent a decade plus drinking 10+ beers a night, every morning, regardless of brand was an ugly scene in the bathroom.  I don’t know if there is something in Cream Ale that affects certain people but I’ve never thought, wow my poops are way different and worth calling a special name after I drink this type of beer.  

is that so uma thurman GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Who ??

When ??

He played 44 games for the Sabres.

12 hours ago, inkman said:

Have you been checked for celiac?

On 1/26/2024 at 10:03 AM, inkman said:

I honestly found a repeatable difference in the after-effects of even moderate doses Genny Cream vs the other beers I was drinking at the time. I was drinking craft beer, however, so it's possible that other beer that comes in 30-packs would have the same effect, but I didn't really drink those regularly. I seem to remember it giving an out-sized headache compared to other beers too, but Yuenling and Sam Adams Boston Lager do the same thing to me. 2-3 of those and I'd be hurting the next morning, where other beers I could drink more and be fine.

This is the end of my Ted talk.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.