Is Fubo the answer?

PASabreFan

I'm about to dismiss MSG Plus. I don't get to see many games live, and you can't record games or watch them on replay right after the game. Among other problems with the service that are well documented. 30ish bucks a month is nice but the old saying is apt.

Fubo apparently is going to run me 70ish bucks a month after a 14 day trial. Also apparently there is a recording option.

It's Fubo or illegal streams I think.

Edited by PASabreFan

I've stuck with the bootleg streams this season. Thank God. It appears that the underlying technologies have advanced to a point where I can get a pretty darn good cast onto my television (just a large "monitor," basically).

The people I know who have fubo love it. I know 5 people who have a fubo account. Those 5 people are spread out over 2 accounts. (The 3 people on one such account and the other 2 on another have no connection to the others - except that I know them and they've all been in my kitchen at some point.) 

Point being: You should maybe see if there's someone who wants to share the account with you. I think the price point and breadth of offerings are such that you might have some luck.

22 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I'm about to dismiss MSG Plus. I don't get to see many games live, and you can't record games or watch them on replay right after the game. Among other problems with the service that are well documented. 30ish bucks a month is nice but the old saying is apt.

Fubo apparently is going to run me 70ish bucks a month after a 14 day trial. Also apparently there is a recording option.

Loved Fubo when I had it.  Only limitation was no Turner networks.  So if you don’t care about college bouncy ball, you‘ll have no issues.  

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I've stuck with the bootleg streams this season. Thank God. It appears that the underlying technologies have advanced to a point where I can get a pretty darn good cast onto my television (just a large "monitor," basically).

The people I know who have fubo love it. I know 5 people who have a fubo account. Those 5 people are spread out over 2 accounts. (The 3 people on one such account and the other 2 on another have no connection to the others - except that I know them and they've all been in my kitchen at some point.) 

Point being: You should maybe see if there's someone who wants to share the account with you. I think the price point and breadth of offerings are such that you might have some luck.

Share as in steal from Fubo? Share the cost? Be on the account in an authorized way?

32 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Share as in steal from Fubo? Share the cost? Be on the account in an authorized way?

The latter. "Share" as in someone is the official account holder and then shares the credentials with their co-account holder. And the unofficial account holder pays 1/2 the cost to the official account holder. I believe that a single account can be on up to 5 (?) screens at one time.

This is my first post so here we go!

I use IPTV Smarter Pro. You can find any NHL game you are looking for.  It comes with full access to ESPN+, all NHL channel broadcasts, Bally Sports channels, and all the regional sports networks, like MSG, NESN, Altitude, and Roots. It's the same with the NBA, MLB, and NFL. This year they are also rotating all AHL games with the CHL. The menu isn’t the best but once you figure it out it's OK. Paying next to nothing for what we are getting. 

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Loved Fubo when I had it.  Only limitation was no Turner networks.  So if you don’t care about college bouncy ball, you‘ll have no issues.  

There are TNT-exclusive Sabres games that Fubo would not have.

• Like (+1) 1

I use ESPN+ as I enjoy some their other content as well. I think it was $120 for the whole year? And you can get bundles with Disney and Spotify to further reduce your "per hour of usage" cost. For the national broadcasts, I have enough fake email accounts to pick up some trials here and there and also, missing a game or two this year is honestly a reprieve. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, ska-T Chitown said:

I think it was $120 for the whole year?

I've had the opportunity to talk to a couple of the crews that cover the games for ESPN+. They really regret how diminished the production value is (replays are a nightmare given that there's no one there with them on site and there is a lag between them and Bristol). But I reckon that's how the product can be offered for so little.

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

There are TNT-exclusive Sabres games that Fubo would not have.

32 minutes ago, ska-T Chitown said:

also, missing a game or two this year is honestly a reprieve. 

This was a neat resolution.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Is northern PA considered "in market" for the Sabres relative to ESPN+?

Use a decent VPN on your laptop or phone and it won’t matter. Costs a few bucks a month.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

ESPN+ and you can watch the games on demand.   You don't get the post game show, no Duffer and Marty, no interviews.  

You get the intermission stuff and maybe a little bit of pregame? ESPN+ generally offers me (in Chicago) all the viewing options - even the 'Hawks, so I am not sure what the blackout rules are. I just picked up Proton VPN last week for the Bills game - so far so good.

Msg on fubo is more 720p instead of 1080 but that's more on MSG I believe. I Switched to fubo Last month and I've enjoyed it. Tons of dvr, can use on 10 devices. When driving to work in Potsdam the other night, I was streaming the Bama/Michigan game on my phone on the dash using fubo 😂

No TNT games is the major downfall. 

Also be warned of the 10$ a month local carrier fee for sports that they squeeze in. 

9 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I'm going streams all day long at that price.

11 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

There's a lot said about Fubo.. all accurate. In the end, the only services, cable, satellite, or streaming that have MSG are all going to be about $90.  Fubo does not have TNT as pointed out.

3 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Msg on fubo is more 720p instead of 1080 but that's more on MSG I believe. I Switched to fubo Last month and I've enjoyed it. Tons of dvr, can use on 10 devices. When driving to work in Potsdam the other night, I was streaming the Bama/Michigan game on my phone on the dash using fubo 😂

No TNT games is the major downfall. 

Also be warned of the 10$ a month local carrier fee for sports that they squeeze in. 

All broadcast TV is either 720p or 1080i.  It doesn't matter if its streaming or cable or satellite.  They may upscale it before it gets to your device, but the broadcast is in 720p or 1080i.

I do have Fubo.. they have cracked down on password sharing. I have unlimited screens but if my son is at college and attempts to watch while I am watching at home we get messages kicking us off saying we are in too many places.  Unlimited screens applies to streams to the same home IP.  You can get "around" this by using a phone or tablet.  It used to allow a PC as well but they've cracked down on that.  Technically it's not the streaming services as much as it is their carriage agreement for the underlying networks.

I subscribed to the monthly option from Fubo, and the original cost for the first 3 months is $5 a month.

At the end of March, it will be at higher cost ($10? cant recall exactly), so in April, I will likely cancel and go pirating at that point, or if it’s critical, I might sign up again using a different email to get the same deal.  I would rather save a different email for the first three months next year, and then ask friend or family to use theirs if they don’t mind for the second half.

I don’t know if this deal is only for Fubo Niagara Sports in Canada, which is a separate local channel for us here in the Niagara Peninsula, but it was good enough to get me sign up.  The record option, getting the pre and post game shows, pausing, fast forwarding and rewinding are also value added.  Good picture vs streams and always getting the Sabres broadcast help too.  

No TNT games and I’m guessing the ESPN+/HULU games would also not be included, but I get most of those games on Sportsnet.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.