GDT: Leafs @ Sabres - Thu. 7 pm ET, Dec 21, 2023, MSG-B 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

Just now, Richard Noggin said:

Unfortunately, I have been moving in this direction for a while now. Wanted Donny to be the guy, but there is obviously something missing with him and his staff. Not to mention, firing him could be the wakeup call these immature, talented a-holes need.

Exactly. I’m not trying to pile on Donny or be a downer after a huge win. I’m dead serious when I say you see just how amazing this club can be at their best. Just imagine them under a coaching staff that actually has the ability to bring this out of them far more often and enough to be a winning, playoff caliber team. This current staff has proven they can’t get this type of consistent play out of this team. It’s going to continue to be one step forward, one step back. And that will not get Buffalo into the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1

Merry Christmas Sabres fans!

Tonight, Santa was bearing gifts dressed in white and blue!

Dr. Jekyll was in the house as well and he was wearing his best blue and gold!

Happy Holidays to all, and to all we want ten!

Seriously though, thank-you Leafs, we appreciate you.

To our Sabres, that was a nice way to bring the entire family back together.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Just some quick thoughts on this game. Toronto's goaltending was one of the worst I have seen this season. The Sabres took advantage by shooting the puck on net. We didn't do that enough against Columbus. 

I would give Okposo the first star. 

Our first line with Tuch/Tompson/Skinner was terrific. Tuch did the intangibles that made this line click. 

This was Clifton's best game. 

I don't know what Mitts stats were but I thought he played well. He was nifty with the puck.

Quinn seemed to move a little better with more quickness. JJP made a terrific pass to Quinn for his goal. JJP is getting better and better.

This game means little if there isn't a follow-up. Elevating its play against the better teams while lowering its play against lesser teams is an exasperating flaw that has sabotaged this season. 

Skinner's value to this team beyond his goal scoring is that he adds a spark to the team. 

This team needs to string some wins together to get back into the playoff hunt. I hope it's not too late. There are so many teams that we need to jump ahead of. 

I know there were a lot of Toronto fans in the building. But regardless which fans are in the seats there is a tremendous amount of energy when the building is full. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.