GDT: Sabres @ Arizona - Sat. 9 pm ET, Dec 16, 2023, MSG-B, SCRIPPS 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

44 minutes ago, MISabresFan said:

If something changes, GM - Coach, I would let the new team determine the fate of the players.

Could possibly add owner to the group of changes. Where is our owner by the way. I know with Kim's health ect. it's been a tough period but you still need to once in awhile be in the same area code. Second thought maybe absence isn't necessarily bad.

22 minutes ago, Radar said:

Could possibly add owner to the group of changes. Where is our owner by the way. I know with Kim's health ect. it's been a tough period but you still need to once in awhile be in the same area code. Second thought maybe absence isn't necessarily bad.

If word got out that Pegula has nothing to do with day to day operations except signing the checks it would do more to turn the image of the organization than anything. His constant idiotic meddling is why this team is where it is.

21 minutes ago, Radar said:

He does manage to take in Bills games, or at least show up in the locker room at games end.

I am not critical of the owner.  

This appears to be KA's show.

When your roster depth is iffy, at best, it's a recipe for disaster.

When you pretty much put all your goaltending eggs in the basket of a rookie, it's a recipe for disaster.

6K was fine last night and gave the Sabres a chance to win, but the others didn't want it badly enough.

In many games the goalie is not really the problem.

There is a lot of skill in the top half of the roster, but very little heart.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

He does manage to take in Bills games, or at least show up in the locker room at games end.

I am not critical of the owner.  

This appears to be KA's show.

When your roster depth is iffy, at best, it's a recipe for disaster.

When you pretty much put all your goaltending eggs in the basket of a rookie, it's a recipe for disaster.

6K was fine last night and gave the Sabres a chance to win, but the others didn't want it badly enough.

In many games the goalie is not really the problem.

There is a lot of skill in the top half of the roster, but very little heart.

The owner controls who the GM is who normally controls who the coach is. It begins and ends with ownership. Truman said "the buck stops here". 

1 minute ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I’m still trying to figure out how that happened. We’ve sucked for so long you’d think we would have gained some depth somewhere. 

Whats Up Comedy GIF by Paramount+

It happened because we sucked for so long that the AHL team had minimal NHL ready asset's.  Adams has done a admirable job drafting and filling up a pipeline but the NHL ready players are already on the team - Savoie, Kulich, Rosen, etc. are not ready and they bring similar skills to what we already have.  

Lots of rookies - Quinn, Peterka and UPL last year.  Levi, Benson, and R Johnson this year.  We are saturated with youth to go with an already very young Core that has never won anything and never had to lead at this level.    

Adams does not want to bring in Vets that "block prospects" or that cost anything.  That is how it happened.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

8 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I’m still trying to figure out how that happened. We’ve sucked for so long you’d think we would have gained some depth somewhere. 

Whats Up Comedy GIF by Paramount+

Let's see.

Botterill wouldn't draft from the CHL.

Murray squandered a lot of assets.

At most handful of Adams's picks could be in the NHL 

That is why there is little youth ready to make the jump to the NHL.

That is why Adams needed more veterans to fill out the roster the last couple of years.

• Agree 1

On 12/16/2023 at 10:58 PM, Gatorman0519 said:

Like Marty said, Arizona actually had more high danger chances. All we do is skate the perimeter. 

Well yeah, when your goalies give the puck away behind the net and they pass it out in front of the net to a player to score and empty net goal, that's hard to defend.

Sabres had at least 5 breakways or partial breakaway chances.

Just now, OverPowerYou said:

I came on here today looking for the Blue Jackets @ Sabres game day thread. I was relieved that it was Tuesday and not today. So sad…

It's clear what you must do.

Go home and ask you wife / husband / girlfriend / boyfriend for a special BJ to make up for this tragic error.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.