GDT: Sabres @ Bruins - Thurs. 7pm, Dec 7, 2023, MSG/ESPN+ 📺 WGR 📻

LGR4GM

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I think you have to go back to UPL if he’s healthy. They intimated to him he’s the starter/earned more games, I’d give him a shot to continue seizing that 

Give him the start vs Moe-ray-all.  And he's won consecutive starts this year (as has Levi).  But he has not won consecutive Sabres starts in a long time.  Make him the every other night starter and give him the tougher games - aka treat him like the 1A.  And treat Levi like either a 1B or a legit 2.  And run with that, as long as it is working.  When it stops working, THEN adjust it. 

Give Comrie a start every so often, but 1st get him back to 100%.  Once he's 100%, then reconsider how to deploy them.

Where are we:

gp    w    l      ot

dec '23    27    11    14    2    24pts
dec '22    27    12    13    2     26pts

24 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Trash talking? I didn’t realize we were on opposite sides lol 

w/e moving on 

I was trash talking against Ully and you chomped on in his defense like a dog on a bone.  But yeah... move on.

Before you start looking up all the facts and figures again, look at who you are talking to.  If it's me you should know by now I blow words outta my ass.

😛

Edited by Doohickie

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

IF UPL isn't ready on Saturday, then, yes, go with Levi.  But IF he's ready, give him the game.

I’d say if he’s healthy tomorrow morning give him the game Saturday, otherwise Levi. If you’ve been sick 3 or more days it tends to take some time to get back to normal. 

Great game by the Sabres tonight

While it does pain me, their youth being a legitimate excuse has very serious evidence from games like these. They lack the consistency of a veteran team. Instead they are wildly inconsistent 

Robinson is very similar to Girgensons with a tiny bit more size and a bit more average speed. (Girgensons has lost a bit of speed overtime but still has a good burst here and there)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

Since when did facts become so important on this site?  

@Slack_in_MA you seem just a wee bit full of yourself tonight with that win in your backyard @ Tha Gaaaden!  

OK, can we just do this? 

Let's just agree that this IS Mr Robinson from my favorite childhood TV show, Mr Robinson's Neighborhood.

image.png.8efc5a9cdaf725791bf4d46b69126902.png

You have no idea how good a win against the B’s is for me. I’m on cloud nine!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Give him the start vs Moe-ray-all.  And he's won consecutive starts this year (as has Levi).  But he has not won consecutive Sabres starts in a long time.  Make him the every other night starter and give him the tougher games - aka treat him like the 1A.  And treat Levi like either a 1B or a legit 2.  And run with that, as long as it is working.  When it stops working, THEN adjust it. 

Give Comrie a start every so often, but 1st get him back to 100%.  Once he's 100%, then reconsider how to deploy them.

Don’t really like the idea of going back to 3

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The one weak spot in an unexpectedly joyous evening, was the amount of panic we had in our defensive zone in the third period.

So many guys had complete control of the puck and then decided to ring it around the boards on the glass or failed to get out of his own like Tage did the one time and there was one prior to that too by JJ I think.

Those pucks need to get out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

4 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Power and Samuelson deserve credit today.    Stepped up 

now they have to continue this play when Dahlin returns 

I thought they had a few brutal shifts and were bailed by Levi, but overall they played a ton of minutes and held up.  

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

The one weak spot in an unexpectedly joyous evening, was the amount of panic we had in our defensive zone in the third period.

So many guys had complete control of the puck and then decided to ring it around the boards on the glass or failed to get out of his own like Tage did the one time and there was one prior to that too by JJ I think.

Those pucks need to get out.

Agree.  They were not pressuring the puck enough, too much waiting.  

Missing Greenway and Tuch and the long sticks they bring.  

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The Sabres have almost no chance to win this game.  It would take a miracle performance from either goalie and Comrie has zero chance of giving such a performance.  If Dahlin’s doesn’t play the team’s chances of winning fall ever further.

5 - 2 Bruins as the Sabres fracture further under the weight of Adams’ incompetence.

They ended up having a pretty good chance and actually kicked the crap out of the Bruins on their home ice.

Shockingly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.