In December and your team is failing - Adams Do Something Substantive Already!

GASabresIUFAN

4 hours ago, Ducky said:

I'm guessing that I've been a Jets fan for longer than you've been a Sabres' fan.

hint: I remember the last time the Leafs won the cup.

It’s all perception. These last 13 years of historic ineptitude:

Darkness took me. And I strayed out of thought and time. Stars wheeled overhead, and every day was as long as a life age of the earth.

7D6E48EA-DD25-4624-8CCE-8BBFDE723881.gif.306cb24cf98f6a402739131d41d54f21.gif

Edited by Thorny

Again, KA is not a proactive GM. He will not do anything until it is too late. Maybe a deadline make it look like i am trying transaction and we miss again by a few points. There is the we are getting better and we will make it next year point. From Pegula on down, they are not  qualified to run a franchise that is based on winning. 

1 hour ago, Stormcloudmember66 said:

Again, KA is not a proactive GM. He will not do anything until it is too late. Maybe a deadline make it look like i am trying transaction and we miss again by a few points. There is the we are getting better and we will make it next year point. From Pegula on down, they are not  qualified to run a franchise that is based on winning. 

Generally I agree, but we have seen him succeed when backed into a corner before (Eichel trade).  I think he is there right now. 

I do agree that there are serious questions about whether TP and Associates have a clue how to build a winning culture in the NHL. 

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

Personally I'm just trying to figure out how to fit Lindholm into the cap beyond this season if we were to splurge on him.

With the 24-25 cap looking to hit about 87.65mil

We'd enter the offseason with 25mil in cap space with

Skinner (3x9mil) - Thompson (6x7.142mil) - Tuch (2x4.75)

Quinn (1x863k) - Cozens (6x7.1mil) - Peterka (1x855k)

Benson (2x950k) - XXXX - XXXX

XXXX - XXXX - Greenway (1x3mil)

R. Johnson (1x925k) - Dahlin (8x11mil)

Power (7x8.35mil) - XXXX

Samuelsson (6x4.285mil) - Clifton (2x3.33mil)

XXXX

Levi (1x925k)

Notable RFAs

Mittelstadt

Luukkonen

Jokiharju

Krebs

There's a crunch here that can be handled but a far worse one in 25-26 where Quinn, Peterka, Levi, and Johnson all come due with only Greenway coming off the books. 

Arguably, in order to make some degree of change to the overall roster we'd have to let most if not all of our RFAs leave via trade. Problem being Mitts has finally become a player worth keeping around and Jokiharju has been solid as of now. UPL wouldn't be a cap burden as a backup allowing Levi to hide in Rochester another year and further hone his craft. Krebs is likely a casualty of his contract demands far overreaching his role more than likely. 

7 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Personally I'm just trying to figure out how to fit Lindholm into the cap beyond this season if we were to splurge on him.

With the 24-25 cap looking to hit about 87.65mil

We'd enter the offseason with 25mil in cap space with

Skinner (3x9mil) - Thompson (6x7.142mil) - Tuch (2x4.75)

Quinn (1x863k) - Cozens (6x7.1mil) - Peterka (1x855k)

Benson (2x950k) - XXXX - XXXX

XXXX - XXXX - Greenway (1x3mil)

R. Johnson (1x925k) - Dahlin (8x11mil)

Power (7x8.35mil) - XXXX

Samuelsson (6x4.285mil) - Clifton (2x3.33mil)

XXXX

Levi (1x925k)

Notable RFAs

Mittelstadt

Luukkonen

Jokiharju

Krebs

There's a crunch here that can be handled but a far worse one in 25-26 where Quinn, Peterka, Levi, and Johnson all come due with only Greenway coming off the books. 

Arguably, in order to make some degree of change to the overall roster we'd have to let most if not all of our RFAs leave via trade. Problem being Mitts has finally become a player worth keeping around and Jokiharju has been solid as of now. UPL wouldn't be a cap burden as a backup allowing Levi to hide in Rochester another year and further hone his craft. Krebs is likely a casualty of his contract demands far overreaching his role more than likely. 

Trade Dahlin or Cozens 

1 hour ago, sabresparaavida said:

Such as? 

1 hour ago, thewookie1 said:

Dahlin is a Top Tier Defenseman already, you can't exactly get much better...

Cozens is a damn good player in his own right, he's had a slow start but is genuine player.

Well Edmonton is a tire fire.  Dahlin and Cozens for Leon?  I’m ready for a change.  There is something very wrong with our guys.  I don’t know if they are just going to “figure it out”.  

• dislike 1

15 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

At this point, is there anything we actually can do without having heavily overpay due to desperation besides just giving up?

Everyone wants our prospects not our picks; but are asking for Top 6 level guys for middling talent in their 30s. How do you break that?

A prospect is not a top 6 guy - a prospect is just potential.   

You can get more than middling talent in their 30's, although some veteran players in their 30's can still  perform, especially in the playoffs.  Some teams have to let good players goes because of the cap.  Those are the players our Pro Scouting should be looking at. 

However, they are probably not going to pick Buffalo as a destination.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

How much do they get for a bridge deal?

Dahlin is one of the last players I'd trade.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Ducky said:

How much do they get for a bridge deal?

Dahlin is one of the last players I'd trade.

Unless the trade was ridiculously good I'd have no interest in trading Dahlin, Tuch, Benson and (although he's off this year I still see the right character in him) Cozens. Everybody else I couldn't care less about. 

• Agree 1

• GASabresIUFAN changed the title to In December and your team is failing - Adams Do Something Substantive Already!
1 hour ago, inkman said:

Well Edmonton is a tire fire.  Dahlin and Cozens for Leon?  I’m ready for a change.  There is something very wrong with our guys.  I don’t know if they are just going to “figure it out”.  

Sure, so we can find out that Leon benefits greatly from McDavid.  I would not trade Leon for Dahlin straight up.  

Dahlin is in the top tier in the league, a top 5 defenseman in the league, and there are probably 10 that could be in that conversation.   

Dahlin is the last person you trade.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.