GDT Sabres @ Hurricanes Saturday Dec 2, 7pm MSG ESPN+

Shoot da Puck

Just now, Carmel Corn said:

Finally, somebody speaks the truth in plain simple english vs. the word salad nothingness that spews from Granato's mouth after every loss!

And, Tuch’s, and Mittelstadt’s, and Okposo’s… They all have the same sorry reaction to losing… No anger… No pride… 

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, ... said:

This can't go on. Our "youth" is only learning bad habits and that they're not good enough individually (whether true or not).

This has been going on for 13 years. History repeating itself. We just have a new group of “core” young players who have no idea how to win or what it takes to win in this league and they were given the keys to the kingdom before they were ready and had proven themselves. The Sabres have been doing this exact thing for years now and it never ever works. 

• Like (+1) 1

No team respects the Sabres… No evidence the Sabres respect themselves…

Team needs a shake up… Sit Samuelson… Sit Power… Put pressure on the forwards to get aggressive… 

Granato should sit in the press box for a few games with Adams and Pegula… and watch the team he is sending out each night…

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Believer said:

And, Tuch’s, and Mittelstadt’s, and Okposo’s… They all have the same sorry reaction to losing… No anger… No pride… 

Makes me wonder if Cozens is implying his current teammates are not stepping up enough or is he suggesting that the roster needs to add players (not currently on the team) who can bring some toughness.  Does he think the current roster can do this, or are they too weak to stand up for themselves?

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Believer said:

Yep. They gotta be like Shoresy and hate to lose and refuse to accept it. They’re too nice to be the Drury we need in the room. And it’s a goddamn shame. 

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Dang it. I'm back in. (Dinner was tasty.)

But I do want to consider one thing. I wonder what Adams would do if Pegula actually gave an ultimatum of, "You will make the playoffs in 2024-25 or you and Granato are both fired."  (Unfortunately, I think it's too late to give such an ultimatum for this season because opposing teams are still in contention and Tage/Quinn really need to be in the lineup.)

I'm guessing UPL and Comrie wouldn't be the goalies, VO and KO would be moved post-haste, etc.

@DarthEbriate see my new thread on this topic Deja Vu all over again.....

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I tuned out after the CAR short handed goal, but it looks like I owe Krebsie this

51786650699_e1db1a2fbf.jpg

@Doohickie You just wanted a pooch on this thread. Admit it. 😜

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yep. They gotta be like Shoresy and hate to lose and refuse to accept it. They’re too nice to be the Drury we need in the room. And it’s a goddamn shame. 

The team is a reflection of its leaders… Granato is an undemanding nice guy… to quick to explain away individual and team failure… Okposo is a nice guy… to quick to explain away miserable effort and losses… Make him a Player Coach… let him play 6 minutes a game.

Change Coaches… Change Captains… 

Edited by Believer
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

I hope they get embarrassed at home tomorrow, get bood off the ice, and we wake up Monday to KA and Don getting fired.

Yes, they've had enough time... If the product out there now is this bad then we aren't going anywhere with this duo. It was reasonable to a point up until this season but yeahhh....not anymore 

Such a frustrating team. We're past 1/4 through the season, at what point do you do something to shake things up? I know not having Tage and Quinn is a blow, but these struggles are beyond that. Bring in a proven winner to coach (Gallant is tanned, rested, and ready) and go get a good veteran goalie to tandem with UPL; Comrie ain't it. The playoffs SHOULD be the goal and that ain't happening without some changes.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

So it seems Carolina rolled out a play by play-less broadcast tonight. Just two guys saying ohhhh nice save and ohhhh yeah when the Canes scored. And stories about Arturs Irbe. Bizarre.

The normal guy’s dad died so he missed the game and this is how the broadcast overcame that.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.