Levi sent to Roch

pi2000

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

Baseball players - pitchers and hitters - have all sorts of rituals. So do tennis players and golfers. 

I can attest to the value of a pre shot routine in golf. It provides comfort and brings the up coming shot into focus instead of thinking about coulda, shoulda, woulda.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

My understanding is it’s his way of getting mentally focused. A gazillion athletes do something similar right before games or on the bench or field to get or keep their mind ready. Baseball players - pitchers and hitters - have all sorts of rituals. So do tennis players and golfers. 

I understand that. I’m more so talking about sitting out in the middle of the ice and impeding the ice cleaning crew as a rookie 

- - - 

Moving on, not surprised by his excellent start in Roch. He’s be really good, it’s just not his time at the nhl level. Which was kinda obvious heading in to all but Adams but I digress 

• Like (+1) 3

On 12/2/2023 at 3:21 PM, Thorny said:

I understand that. I’m more so talking about sitting out in the middle of the ice and impeding the ice cleaning crew as a rookie 

- - - 

Moving on, not surprised by his excellent start in Roch. He’s be really good, it’s just not his time at the nhl level. Which was kinda obvious heading in to all but Adams but I digress 

All but Adams? Ooooook.

39 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

....and he's back.  UPL out with illness, Levi called up to back up Comrie.

This is the ridiculous of the Buffalo Sabres forget about Eric Comrie he isn’t the future for the Sabres in any way. Devon Levi should start in goal tonight while he is here. The Buffalo Sabres need to clean house coach and general manager in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

5 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

It's only one game, but an impressive one!  So what does the team do when UPL is able to play???

Go back to the 3 headed monster w/ UPL getting the tougher games, Levi getting the easier ones, and Comrie cheerleading and getting the odd one every 2 or so weeks.

If UPL falters, flip him and Levi.  If Levi falters, send him down for a weekend to get his head back.  Comrie is used to going a LONG time between starts without it affecting his play.  And, personally, don't believe he's at 100% right now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Go back to the 3 headed monster w/ UPL getting the tougher games, Levi getting the easier ones, and Comrie cheerleading and getting the odd one every 2 or so weeks.

If UPL falters, flip him and Levi.  If Levi falters, send him down for a weekend to get his head back.  Comrie is used to going a LONG time between starts without it affecting his play.  And, personally, don't believe he's at 100% right now.

The three-headed monster is the problem. They all don't get enough practice or playing time. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Send Levi back to Rochester unless UPL falters. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, CTJoe said:

Comrie to Rochester

Not sure where his next game should be but it definitely can not be for the Sabres 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Send Levi back to Rochester unless UPL falters. 

And trade for a proper vet guy to team with UPL. Someone who can play and has been a decent starter at some point 

Jake Allen would be ideal IMHO 

• Like (+1) 1

The best thing for this team is making the best long term decision for Levi.

I know he could maybe play here and get us a few more wins. But the best thing for us to have the best version of Levi long term is to let him get more reps in Rochester. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

The best thing for this team is making the best long term decision for Levi.

I know he could maybe play here and get us a few more wins. But the best thing for us to have the best version of Levi long term is to let him get more reps in Rochester. 

Honestly don't see whether he plays in Buffalo or Ra-cha-cha materially effecting his trajectory.

And, this team NEEDS to make the playoffs.  Levi helps them advance towards that goal.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Honestly don't see whether he plays in Buffalo or Ra-cha-cha materially effecting his trajectory.

And, this team NEEDS to make the playoffs.  Levi helps them advance towards that goal.

He got his mo-Jo back playing for the Amerks.  I do think being in a positive position is good for him. He still needs to improve.  There is a reason why no goalie has ever gone straight from NCAA to NHL 
1 game not withstanding, the Sabres have not been positive 

12 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Levi needs games. I think giving him games in Rochester and giving him spot callups the next couple months is the way to go. If Comrie or UPL. Implode then you can reconsider. 

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Levi needs games. I think giving him games in Rochester and giving him spot callups the next couple months is the way to go. If Comrie or UPL. Implode then you can reconsider. 

It’s hard to say Comrie has not imploded. If he was ever deploded in the first place.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The SABRES need wins.

NONE of the 3 has shown an ability to play well enough for the Sabres night in and night out.  Getting repetitive, but give UPL 1/2 of the starts and give Levi the bulk of the others.  Once Comrie is actually 100%, start giving him spot starts here and there.  (And, there's no way IMHO that Comrie is 100%.  He wasn't 100% for about 6 weeks after he was finally back playing last year.  He's looked like doo doo since coming back.)  

Revisit the 3 headed monster once Comrie is ready to actually contribute to team success once again.

Being on pace to get ~30-40 NHL games is not going to set Levi back.

48 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I humbly submit that Comrie imploded a while ago.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Record WITH the 3 headed monster - 10-9-2.

Record rolling with the problem eliminated - 0-4-0.

Win hockey games.  

Blues 6-4 (UPL)

Canes 6-2 (Comrie)

Preds 2-1 (UPL) 

Wings 5-3 (Comrie) 

We played terrible hockey in all of these games.