GDT: Sabres @ Penguins - Nov 11, 2023 - 7:30pm, MSG/ESPN+📺WGR📻

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

My concern coming into this game with 11F/7D is that the forward lines would not be able to find a rhythm due to changing pieces out.  It kind of seems like that's what's happened thus far.  Passes going to nowhere because linemates are being changed up too much.

Agree, this is why IMHO an 11-7 lineup is completely worthless.

• Agree 1

Can we not attempt to maintain possession a lot more? 

You know what the Sabrez need? They need to assemble a practice squad not made out of skilled players, but beastly players who will hound them one on one and aggressively guard the net.

Then they should run drills where the Sabres attempt to maintain possession and take the puck to the net. Goals scored from the point or anywhere outside the slot are not counted. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

I honestly liked last years team better. At least it was exciting losing 6-5.  As of right now I don’t think this is a playoff team. 

We'll know for sure in just a few short weeks. If they aren't in a playoff spot by US Thanksgiving, they won't be come April!

• Agree 2

Just now, Gatorman0519 said:

I honestly liked last years team better. At least it was exciting losing 6-5.  As of right now I don’t think this is a playoff team. 

At least last year we felt like this was an ascending team in the league. This years team not only hasn’t taken the next step, I think you could make a healthy argument they have regressed and not sure there will be any help from above forthcoming. 

• Agree 3

Last year it seemed like the Sabres were really good at puck possession and obviously scoring.  What happened to that club?  They are so boring to watch nowadays and last night was just a stolen game by Levi.  I didn’t think Buffalo played very well, especially a rested home game against a team on a back to back.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

They said they were putting defensive structure in.  Maybe the lack of scoring is a side effect, because they are giving up fewer. 

Tonight they seem drained.   No bounces going our way.  Nothing good happening. 

Just now, Spoonman said:

I do not like to blame referees. That said I do feel like Sabres competition are seem to get the benefit of the doubt much more & Sabres more likely to be assessed calls of the tiickey tack variety…. Just sayin’.

Happens when a team plays ticky tac hockey

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.