GDT: Sabres @ Penguins - Nov 11, 2023 - 7:30pm, MSG/ESPN+📺WGR📻

LGR4GM

The Sabres look like a bunch of grade school level soccer players all chasing the ball all over the field playing against an experienced high school team. 

We have 3 legit goal scoring threats on the team right now (Peterka, Skinner, and Tage) and one of those is in a total funk (Tage). Cozens’ game is lost. He wasn’t playing great earlier but it especially feels like he’s lost confidence since that fight. 

What is the point of putting Casey on a line with Girgs and Okposo or Greenway? Or another non scoring forward? Casey is not a goal scorer. His forte is speed and passing. And none of those line mates can score. 

And what is up with Savoie? Did he get tired from that 4 minute run last night? 

• Agree 1

Just now, RETURNTOGLORY said:

Honestly,  there is no passion or a sense of urgency with this team which is strange because for the most part, they are so young.

That tells me the coach is coddling them.

There is no sense of urgency with the head coach or GM, because they know they are safe no matter what. It’s trickling down to the players. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Judging by the thousands of empty seats at KBC and nobody giving a ***** about this team (go drive around the Buffalo area and see every other house with a Bills flag and virtually no Sabres ones) people seem to have taken your advice to heart.

Yes, I told the entire city that.  Childish response.  If you feel this way why bother watching?  That is a rhetorical question you don’t have to answer but you should think about. 

6 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I disagree, respectfully.

They did it, therefore, they are capable of it. If Granato says last season was offense training, and he says this season is defense training, yet Adams says the goal is the playoffs, then the problem is Granato. Clearly the team is better at offense than defense. Granato needs to go imho. I know we all love the "Meatballs" affection, but let's be completely honest here. There is an abundance of talent on this team, they are not being coached well if you look at the play on the ice. I mean, cone on now, thos is ridiculous, no net front presence, panic passing, panic when pressured, constant loss of puck control. And the list goes on. Coaching at some point, matters.

Totally in agreement. I want to see these young guys under an older school type coach. I would love Gerard Gallant (before Edmonton gets him!) No nonsense and perhaps he can get the defence to actually play defence. Despite the douchebaggery, I think Babcock could work wonders with this group but he'll never see the light of day in the NHL again is my guess. Not sure about Bruce Boudreau. I felt bad for him in Vancouver but it looks like Tocchet was the right move, even if it was extremely poorly executed by GM Rutherford. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Definitely some major puck luck for the Pen's goals, but even if this was still 0-0, I don't think we score tonight.  Really starting to believe Donny has no answers to solve this and will only come up with new words besides learn, direct and decisive.

My concern coming into this game with 11F/7D is that the forward lines would not be able to find a rhythm due to changing pieces out.  It kind of seems like that's what's happened thus far.  Passes going to nowhere because linemates are being changed up too much.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Krebs, Okposo, Rousek, olofsson, Jost all ineffective. By game 20-25 it’s time to make trades if this keeps up before we fall behind too far. 

The time unfortunately was this past off season. Now I understand a deal may not have been there, but every game we delay is not helping any.

I am now in the official REPLACE GRANATO and his staff camp. This cannot continue.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Ryan Johnson is about the Only bright spot tonight. 

UPL is a half of a bright spot. He played really well for most of two periods. Fluke goal of his face mask. Then a bad goal. And then an “own goal” by EJ. 

This team has regressed. They don’t play together and I think the mixing of lines every which way doesn’t help. Only hurts. Granato’s an NHL coach. Gotta know your team and figure it out dude. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.