Zach Benson is week to week with a LBI

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Oh no, Benson can be IR’d and then sent on a conditioning stint.

All part of the evil plan to nurse Savoie and Benson here and in Rochester until they can suit up for team Canada at year’s end in the World Jrs.  

3 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Done for the purpose of keeping him around or is the kid just too fragile for full time in the league at this stage. 

Both

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

25 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Done for the purpose of keeping him around or is the kid just too fragile for full time in the league at this stage. 

It may work out in everyone’s best interest.

I think KA is concerned with the Wenatchee situation in the WHL.

Benson gets to stick around longer, stretching out that 9 game window. 
Savoie’s AHL stint is over next week and he can start his 9 game look in Buffalo. Stretching that out a bit can get him close to the Team Canada camp.

Does Benson qualify for an AHL conditioning stint now that he was placed on IR?

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I imagine Savoie takes His Place after he hits the five or six game mark with the Amerks this weekend 

Hadn't realized Benson had sustained an injury a few weeks ago.  Any word on when he was 1st injured (was it from training, the prospects camp, TC, other)?  Hoping it isn't groin.  That could linger all season whether he's in Buffalo or Washington.

Just now, French Collection said:

It may work out in everyone’s best interest.

Benson gets to stick around longer, stretching out that 9 game window. 
Savoie’s AHL stint is over next week and he can start his 9 game look in Buffalo. Stretching that out a bit can get him close to the Team Canada camp.

Does Benson qualify for an AHL conditioning stint now that he was placed on IR?

Yes, he does when he's ready to come off IR.

Hoping that however this plays out that if he and/or Savoie aren't going to get regular action down the stretch this season in Buffalo that they both get sent back before they reach 40 games on the Sabres roster (not necessarily playing but being on the roster).  Because that is when they get credit for a year of service in the NHL and that does bring them each 1 year closer to RFA and UFA statuses.

Considering how Adams has handled other young players, doubt either would stay up past that limit if they are just going to be up for training purposes and not to help win games.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Hadn't realized Benson had sustained an injury a few weeks ago.  Any word on when he was 1st injured (was it from training, the prospects camp, TC, other)?  Hoping it isn't groin.  That could linger all season whether he's in Buffalo or Washington.

Actually I thought he missed a game during the season prior to this.

This will set him back I'm afraid.   

This is what happens when you thrust an undersized 18yo into your lineup before he's physically ready.

What wouldve been best for him is to play a full season as the top dog on his junior team, learn how to lead and continue to build confidence while filling out physically.

Now he's forced to miss time in what is a crucial development year for him, smh.

• Disagree 3

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Actually I thought he missed a game during the season prior to this.

He did miss games earlier this season.  But it wasn't stated that was due to injury.  Presumed they simply wanted to give him a chance to watch a game or 2 with a coach right next to him discussing the play.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I don’t get why people are so concerned about “the Wenatchee situation”.  What’s the situation exactly?  Everything there should be pretty normal now, no?

15 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

This will set him back I'm afraid.   

This is what happens when you thrust an undersized 18yo into your lineup before he's physically ready.

What wouldve been best for him is to play a full season as the top dog on his junior team, learn how to lead and continue to build confidence while filling out physically.

Now he's forced to miss time in what is a crucial development year for him, smh.

I think it’s all a farce honestly.  This trial run and “injury” will allow him to hang around the NHL team receiving pro instruction and working out like mad to build much needed strength.  Then he maybe does a couple games AHL rehab stint, goes to WJCs and then maybe to juniors.

Isnt it kind of suspicious that Savoie and Benson are basically taking turns being “injured” and the timelines for both line up perfectly?  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Curt said:

I think it’s all a farce honestly.  This trial run and “injury” will allow him to hang around the NHL team receiving pro instruction and working out like mad to build much needed strength.  Then he maybe does a couple games AHL rehab stint, goes to WJCs and then maybe to juniors.

Isnt it kind of suspicious that Savoie and Benson are basically taking turns being “injured” and the timelines for both line up perfectly?  

You say that like every other team doesn't do it.  It's called Player Management and all the cool kids do it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

I'm starting to think he's not actually hurt ... 

Maybe buffalo is working the system finally

I'm thinking he was genuinely hurt on the 20th.  Toughed it out.  Got re-examined and the doctor shut him down whether it was needed or not.

The official story is it was a nagging injury and needs time to heal.

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

1.5 is "a few?"

Season 9 Idk GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Curt said:

Yeah I get the conspiracy theories around those 2, but really it would've been best for their long term development if they were both back in junior playing 25min a game in all situations.

KA needs to show a little more patience with these young prospects, hopefully this doesn't stunt their development.

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.