Amerks Game Threads

PromoTheRobot

Kulich, Rosen, and Neuchev get goals to pull away by the middle of the third.

However, the Amerks collectively go full Alamo Death Star mode with for the entire 2nd and 3rd periods and are outshot 36-9 in those final forty minutes. Get that team a Byram.

Levi saves many.

Edited by DarthEbriate

9 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Kulich, Rosen, and Neuchev get goals to pull away by the middle of the third.

However, the Amerks collectively go full Alamo Death Star mode with for the entire 2nd and 3rd periods and are outshot 36-9 in those final forty minutes. Get that team a Byram.

Levi saves many.

Yep. Saving 40 of 43 certainly qualifies as many. Too bad the crap defense in front of him gave up that 6 on 5 goal with just seconds left in the game. Levi has been tremendous in the A. 

45 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yep. Saving 40 of 43 certainly qualifies as many. Too bad the crap defense in front of him gave up that 6 on 5 goal with just seconds left in the game. Levi has been tremendous in the A. 

That first goal 24 seconds in was bad too. Levi was still waking up. But for the other 59:30, Levi was unreal. And the 2nd Toronto goal, no one in the world coulda stopped. Bad deflection right onto a Marlies stick. Wide open net. 

Edited by Claude Balls
  • Like (+1) 1

Caught the second half of the game. (Thanks @inkman for the tip re: free game on AHL.tv). Levi was fantastic. Was doing the save percentage math in my head as the shot totals were racking up. Hated to see that last Marlie goal with seconds left. 
And because it’s been discussed previously, I found it interesting that the Amerks feed shows running shot totals but MSG does not.

I feel like every time I open this thread the Amerks are winning. I feel like they’re on a 15-0-3 point streak right about now. Maybe it’s just lucky timing on my part 

Edited by OverPowerYou

2 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

I feel like every time I open this thread the Amerks are winning. I feel like they’re on a 15-0-3 point streak right about now. Maybe it’s just lucky timing on my part 

Trust me, it is lucky timing. The Amerks are a flawed team defensively; from the goalie, out to the D, and then to the forwards. 

Imo, their only hope is to have Levi between the pipes. And even he will needs a miracle here and there with the group in front of him.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Good Lord, the Amerks need Levi back asap. Tokarski is absolute trash. Hartford up 2-0 just 2:30 into the game. 

I just finished the game. Luckily the Hartford goalie was a sieve too.

Amerks need to keep winning to stay ahead of the Marlies and Rocket, both on their tail with games in hand.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Trust me, it is lucky timing. The Amerks are a flawed team defensively; from the goalie, out to the D, and then to the forwards. 

Imo, their only hope is to have Levi between the pipes. And even he will needs a miracle here and there with the group in front of him.

I don’t get why they’re not better defensively. They have a solid group of AHL quality defensemen.

36 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

I don’t get why they’re not better defensively. They have a solid group of AHL quality defensemen.

They were good with Levi and his above average goaltending.  Systems aside, Cooley & Tokarski have been objectively bad and the run and gun offense hasn’t helped the team. They will be dangerous once Levi comes to ROC for the playoff run. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I just finished the game. Luckily the Hartford goalie was a sieve too.

Amerks need to keep winning to start ahead of the Marlies and Rocket, both on their tail with games in hand.

Yeah, he was bad too. But I gotta say, that was the best Amerks game I've been to this year. Total slugfest, back and forth. Was worth the drive downtown in a total blizzard. I just hope Buffalo sends Levi back soon. They could really use him for Friday night against the aforementioned Marlies game. The usher in my section thinks the Sabres will keep Devon for the rest of the season and send him back for the playoffs. I really hope that's not the case. Without Levi, Rochester may not make the playoffs.

And it looks like it will be another snowy drive to the barn Friday night. Wtf is up with this weather? We're getting more snow in the first week of spring than we've had all winter. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, pastajoe said:

It’s their team defense as a whole, but I’m not convinced they have that solid of a group of Dmen overall.