Amerks Game Threads

PromoTheRobot

21 minutes ago, MISabresFan said:

Currently the Amerks have given up 10 more goals then they have scored this year.  In addition, they  only have like 7 guys (40 games or more) that are on the "*" side of the fence.

He would not be my choice.  Need "fresh" set of eyes.

Still Yerdon and Lysowski think Appert is on the list of AHL head coaches NHL clubs are looking at.

53 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Still Yerdon and Lysowski think Appert is on the list of AHL head coaches NHL clubs are looking at.

Yes, people have to remember Appert is coaching a system dictated to him by Adams and Granato. He has gotten his team deep in the playoffs two years in a row. He has done it with suspect goaltending overall the past few years. If Levi had been there all year Amerks are easily in the top spot in the division.

Appert is a very dynamic personality. His ability to communicate is undeniable.  I definitely see NHL teams looking at him in the next few years if not now.

I personally don’t think he is the fit Buffalo needs right now. A seasoned NHL successful coach who holds players accountable is the right move.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I am sure the media will create their own pipe dream.  I still can think differently.  I would not hire him as the next head coach.

On 4/3/2024 at 8:21 AM, Amerks8796 said:

I’m not sure what sucks about this. What did the Pegula’s do running the arena that was noteworthy at all? Good riddance. Has no impact on the Amerks. Hopefully whoever comes in does more. 

There is possible impact there are rumors that the Rochester Knighthawks are being sold to Grand Rapids, Michigan business interest that will move the Rochester Knighthawks there for next season. Also the Vegas Desert Dogs are moving from the Vegas strip to suburban Henderson, Nevada that was announced in other NLL lacrosse news. Once Terry Pegula gave up control of the Rochester Arena I figured this would happen. Terry Pegula is selling off his Rochester holdings to focus on Buffalo which is a wise business move. He is spread out to thin money wise. The Key Bank Center is going to cost Terry Pegula a fortune to renovate the arena it needs so many repairs. You can’t flip the Buffalo Sabres with the Key Bank Center looking like that, broken seats it’s a mess. 

Terry Pegula isn’t going to get from New York State for arena like the Buffalo Bills stadium he going to have to fund more of that then he did the new Bills stadium. Rochester Americans I believe at some point will be sold the Rochester Knighthawks are just the beginning. Hopefully Rochester business interests step to the plate and buy the hockey team to save the team for the Rochester fans there.

This is what Terry Pegula and most owners do so he isn’t alone it’s business yet so many Western New York fans say no he is just a Buffalo fan he is different than other owners. No he isn’t different from any other owner. You sell unprofitable assets. We saw in Buffalo with Terry Pegula business holdings sold to new owners. Terry Pegula wants to make a quick buck with as little money going out of his own money as possible. That is what owners do. But I realize I am in the minority on Terry Pegula as an owner as a Buffalo sports fan. I have been suspended for 4 months from the Buffalo Bills Drive board because the young naive moderator can’t handle Buffalo fans like myself telling the truth about Terry Pegula. For Buffalo fans wondering why isn’t Buffalo Super Fan not posting on the Bills Drive board lately? I am fine and hopefully will be back when the moderator lifts my suspension on the Bills Drive site. I take the suspension with Buffalo fan pride because I spoke my opinion about a lot of things about Buffalo sports. I am not going to be bullied by a young naive Bills fan moderator that hasn’t lived enough Buffalo/Western New York life to really be aware what is going on. I am not fan of today’s generation of canceling and using position of power to get fans to basically be afraid to speak up just conform to group think of everyone. I wasn’t raised that way and I clearly write every posts it’s my own opinion. You don’t like what I post don’t read my posts pretty simple concept.

Next Buffalo Bills and Sabres season will be special for me personally it marks I have been a Buffalo fan for 50 years. I still can’t believe it’s been 50 years supporting our Buffalo sports teams where has the time gone. Overtime Buffalo fans will see why did the Bills Drive moderator suspended Buffalo Super Fan for telling my own personal opinion? I am not alone and as time goes on more Buffalo fans will come to see what I see on Terry Pegula. Terry Pegula isn’t one of us fans the acting job he put on day one of buying the Buffalo Sabres have Western New York fans brain washed he is the greatest one of us just a fan. Good luck with that naive fantasy in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Buffalo 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

There is possible impact there are rumors that the Rochester Knighthawks are being sold to Grand Rapids, Michigan business interest that will move the Rochester Knighthawks there for next season. Also the Vegas Desert Dogs are moving from the Vegas strip to suburban Henderson, Nevada that was announced in other NLL lacrosse news. Once Terry Pegula gave up control of the Rochester Arena I figured this would happen. Terry Pegula is selling off his Rochester holdings to focus on Buffalo which is a wise business move. He is spread out to thin money wise. The Key Bank Center is going to cost Terry Pegula a fortune to renovate the arena it needs so many repairs. You can’t flip the Buffalo Sabres with the Key Bank Center looking like that, broken seats it’s a mess. 

Terry Pegula isn’t going to get from New York State for arena like the Buffalo Bills stadium he going to have to fund more of that then he did the new Bills stadium. Rochester Americans I believe at some point will be sold the Rochester Knighthawks are just the beginning. Hopefully Rochester business interests step to the plate and buy the hockey team to save the team for the Rochester fans there.

This is what Terry Pegula and most owners do so he isn’t alone it’s business yet so many Western New York fans say no he is just a Buffalo fan he is different than other owners. No he isn’t different from any other owner. You sell unprofitable assets. We saw in Buffalo with Terry Pegula business holdings sold to new owners. Terry Pegula wants to make a quick buck with as little money going out of his own money as possible. That is what owners do. But I realize I am in the minority on Terry Pegula as an owner as a Buffalo sports fan. I have been suspended for 4 months from the Buffalo Bills Drive board because the young naive moderator can’t handle Buffalo fans like myself telling the truth about Terry Pegula. For Buffalo fans wondering why isn’t Buffalo Super Fan not posting on the Bills Drive board lately? I am fine and hopefully will be back when the moderator lifts my suspension on the Bills Drive site. I take the suspension with Buffalo fan pride because I spoke my opinion about a lot of things about Buffalo sports. I am not going to be bullied by a young naive Bills fan moderator that hasn’t lived enough Buffalo/Western New York life to really be aware what is going on. I am not fan of today’s generation of canceling and using position of power to get fans to basically be afraid to speak up just conform to group think of everyone. I wasn’t raised that way and I clearly write every posts it’s my own opinion. You don’t like what I post don’t read my posts pretty simple concept.

Next Buffalo Bills and Sabres season will be special for me personally it marks I have been a Buffalo fan for 50 years. I still can’t believe it’s been 50 years supporting our Buffalo sports teams where has the time gone. Overtime Buffalo fans will see why did the Bills Drive moderator suspended Buffalo Super Fan for telling my own personal opinion? I am not alone and as time goes on more Buffalo fans will come to see what I see on Terry Pegula. Terry Pegula isn’t one of us fans the acting job he put on day one of buying the Buffalo Sabres have Western New York fans brain washed he is the greatest one of us just a fan. Good luck with that naive fantasy in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Buffalo 

You’ve been a fan for only 50 years? Rookie. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

Aaaaaaaaaaand another one I didn’t read. 😂

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, SwampD said:

Aaaaaaaaaaand another one I didn’t read. 😂

8 minutes ago, inkman said:

Yeah I don’t come here for homework. 😀

I did and I learned that there are loud rumors of the sale/relocation of the Rochester Knighthawks. I don’t expect there to be any pity about it on a Buffalo message board, but it sucks for us in ROC…even if support for the Hawks has dwindled.

I did some searching around and there’s a lot of smoke on this. 

12 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I did and I learned that there are loud rumors of the sale/relocation of the Rochester Knighthawks. I don’t expect there to be any pity about it on a Buffalo message board, but it sucks for us in ROC…even if support for the Hawks has dwindled.

I did some searching around and there’s a lot of smoke on this. 

Glad you were able to get some info that important to you. I feel like this rendition of the knight hawks isn’t your dad’s indoor lacrosse team. Kinda of a copy of a copy of a copy.  It’s fun and entertaining but it’s not the same franchise that was here in the 90’s. 

• Agree 1

I see Noah Laaouan got his first point for the Amerks with an assist on Kulich’s goal, which was a beauty of a breakaway goal. Nice to see Kulich getting his game back just in time for the post season. 

It's going to be a crazy final week in the AHL. Crunch, Monsters, Amerks and Marlies all in range of the 1-seed. Comets, Rocket and Sens Fighting for the final spot in 5th. All teams have 3 games left except Laval with 2.

Wed. Marlies @ Amerks. Fri. Monsters @ Amerks, Sun. Comets @ Amerks.

Screenshot_2024-04-14-18-20-22-59_d50b946eb3eee4a37d7caf00d87dcc7e.jpg

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It's going to be a crazy final week in the AHL. Crunch, Monsters, Amerks and Marlies all in range of the 1-seed. Comets, Rocket and Sens Fighting for the final spot in 5th. All teams have 3 games left except Laval with 2.

Wed. Marlies @ Amerks. Fri. Monsters @ Amerks, Sun. Comets @ Amerks.

Screenshot_2024-04-14-18-20-22-59_d50b946eb3eee4a37d7caf00d87dcc7e.jpg

One note—Sunday’s game is in Utica (if anyone was thinking of taking the drive).  

Also of note for all, the 4 & 5 seeds must play in a best-of-three series play-in round. ROC sure could use a weekend off to get healthy.  Beating Toronto on Friday will take care of it. 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

One note—Sunday’s game is in Utica (if anyone was thinking of taking the drive).  

Also of note for all, the 4 & 5 seeds must play in a best-of-three series play-in round. ROC sure could use a weekend off to get healthy.  Beating Toronto on Friday will take care of it. 

My bad. You're right.

BTW Utica plays it's final 3 games back-to-back-to-back. Rochester will have Saturday off. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Posted (edited)

I have a question. If you bought the single team AHL TV package, does that keep working through the playoffs, or do you have to pay for that too?

Just googled that. No, it doesn't. Playoff are a separate subscription. So... 💸💸💸💸

Edited by PromoTheRobot

17 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Still 20 min to go, but Utica has nothing to play for and they’re beating the Crunch 2-1 after two.  

A Cuse regulation loss is what Rochester needs to have a chance to win the division.  

The AHL North is insane. If Syracuse loses and the Amerks win Sunday, we only finish 1st if Cleveland also loses. If the Monsters win we are #2 and play Syracuse, who falls to 3rd.

Posted (edited)

Utica wins, Belleville wins. Here's the bottom line Sunday....

If Rochester wins and Cleveland loses: 
1-Amerks
2-Crunch
3-Monsters

If both Rochester and Cleveland win:
1-Monsters
2-Amerks
3-Crunch

If Cleveland wins and Rochester loses:
1-Monsters
2-Crunch
3-Amerks 

If both Cleveland and Rochester loses:
1-Crunch
2-Monsters
3-Amerks

2 plays 3 seed. 1 seed plays winner of Belleville/Toronto series.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1