DOES ADAMS GET A GOALIE NOW?!

JoeSchmoe

39 minutes ago, JohnC said:

My understanding is that Comrie is out of options. In the attempt to bring him up there is a chance that he can be claimed. UPL is on a good run. However, he is vulnerable to getting injured (as all goalies are). Stay the course. 

Comrie has already cleared waivers once so I wouldn’t worry about that…

KA needs to add another top 4 defensive Dman and a physical forward that can pot 20-25 a year. We have the trade bait, there is not going to be room for all of them. Time for him to move. Not wait until the deadline. We are in a stretch of a lot of very winnable games. Make the damn moves!!!

2 minutes ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

KA needs to add another top 4 defensive Dman and a physical forward that can pot 20-25 a year. We have the trade bait, there is not going to be room for all of them. Time for him to move. Not wait until the deadline. We are in a stretch of a lot of very winnable games. Make the damn moves!!!

Which young players would you part with? 

2 minutes ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

Who do you want? Are they available? What’s the cost?

• Haha (+1) 1

The Levi discussion -  keep him as the #2 versus send him to Rochester, is another in a long line of stupidity regarding the Sabres FO.  

Sure, he looked good last year in his NHL stint.   He looked better than the other 2 at that time.   But the huge mistake was stating you are “all in on playoffs” and not bringing in an NHL Vet.  

What other GM would pin his hopes on the 3 goalies they had?  Adam’s is dam lucky that UPL is maturing as an NHL player.  

Levi should be in Rochester.  He doesn’t play now, and that is not whats best for him.  He needs to play more. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

That i am not sure with. But you are going to have to give to get. I would not part with Kulich, thats for sure. Savoie i am not sure about. He has talent but is oft injured. So most likely him.

37 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

All of them.

37 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Who do you want? Are they available? What’s the cost?

Everyone. At all of the cost.

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Comrie has already cleared waivers once so I wouldn’t worry about that…

It is an issue with me. As the season advances, injuries happen. Especially for teams in the playoff hunt, he would be a backup to consider that would cost you nothing because he would be a waiver acquisition. I don't want to over-rate his value but having three NHL goalies who have played in the league is worth keeping in our system. 

Edited by JohnC

The priority should be developing UPL and Levi. 
UPL in Buffalo Levi in Rochester. Give them both the nets and live and die the rest of the season with them.

A quality goaltender is the hardest thing to obtain in the NHL. The majority of them don’t develop until their mid 20s. 

Let  Comrie sit on the bench in Buffalo. Let UPL run with it. He will have some bad games but let him work through it knowing he is the number 1 and he will have the chance to redeem himself immediately after a rough outing.

• Like (+1) 4

35 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

The priority should be developing UPL and Levi. 
UPL in Buffalo Levi in Rochester. Give them both the nets and live and die the rest of the season with them.

A quality goaltender is the hardest thing to obtain in the NHL. The majority of them don’t develop until their mid 20s. 

Let  Comrie sit on the bench in Buffalo. Let UPL run with it. He will have some bad games but let him work through it knowing he is the number 1 and he will have the chance to redeem himself immediately after a rough outing.

I totally agree! Every word! It can be hard to get one young goalie to develop into NHL -starter, now they have two with big chanses to be stars in this league! Hope they make wise decisions!

And I would go with Comrie as back up, even if I earlier shouted for a veteran goalie. If a miracle happens and they are close to a play off spot at trade deadline, it might be worth considering a goalie trade.

• Agree 1

While another goalie would be nice, the most fundamental change needs to be management.  We will never win with this group.  I believe we have enough of a core of players that with better coaching and scouting, including a few needed veteran additions, this team would be a playoff contender.  We don't need any more draft picks -- we need a few decent select veteran players and real coaches.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.