GDT - Montréal @ Buffalo - Monday, October 23, 2023 - 7:00 PM (EDT) - MSG (?) & WGR - RMNH (SportsNet TV - CANADA) & SportsNet+ (pirate satellite)

Sabres Fan in NS

5 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

I think we finally have to admit that after all of these years that people say goalies  steal games from us, it’s just the fact that we have no finish to the game.

And you can actually roster goalies capable of stealing games 

• Like (+1) 1

I told my son before the session started to not expect the super high scoring games we saw last year. There was no way that this team was going to sustain that type if offense. There is a reason why they call it a career year, because it only happens a few times in a players career. 

Edited by Sidc3000
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, sabremike said:

He is tactically inept. The end of game clownshow vs Calgary was the type of thing you should never see happen at this (or any) professional level.

Things like who the coach puts on the ice and when to pull the goalie are 100% on DG. Players making bad decisions or not finishing on ice are 100% on them.

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

Still think there is something wrong with Tuch.  Everything is slightly off.  Can’t handle a pass and can’t make a pass and can’t hit the net on a clear chance 

hate to say a game 7 is a must win but tomorrow is a must win.  

Loved Tuch when he was here in Vegas but he’s not a pure goal scorer. He’s a great player when he’s using his speed. He leaves you wanting more but I think he hit his ceiling last year. I’m telling you guys it’s coaching that’s going on with this team. In Vegas we are on defenseman 8 and 9 and they are solid. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Mango said:

I don’t disagree. I’ll cross that bridge when we get there. But the team has gotten better since the opening puck drop.

They’ve played very good hockey the last two games. We’re on pace for what I needed my “positive floor” to be. 

Hate to interrupt with reality but 5v5 stats have this game we "dominated" pretty much even. Vs Montreal. At home.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, SABRES 0311 said:

Things like who the coach puts on the ice and when to pull the goalie are 100% on DG. Players making bad decisions or not finishing on ice are 100% on them.

They clearly came into the season unprepared. Dom Granato sucks and isn't an NHL quality coach. Kevyn needs to get off his sorry ass and hire a real credible NHL quality coach or this bull ***** is never going to end.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

Still think there is something wrong with Tuch.  Everything is slightly off.  Can’t handle a pass and can’t make a pass and can’t hit the net on a clear chance 

hate to say a game 7 is a must win but tomorrow is a must win.  

There was a point in the 2nd I think, wher he looked very slow and almost unaware of where the puck was coming and going.

There were three PP passes from Tage where he got cute and turned the puck over letting the Habs clear. All three times EJ’s comments about not over complicating it and taking the play that’s there came to mind.

Just now, SABRES 0311 said:

I was listening to a hockey podcast on the NHL Network. The guy said it’s demoralizing for the Sabres players to see a half empty building. 

Clearly this guy doesn’t get the idea people don’t like spending their money on garbage products.

And they did nothing to get this crowd in the game. Dahlin's last second hit was a joke.

• Like (+1) 1

Tuch will be fine. But it seems there are hints the entire team is not going to score nearly as many goals as last year. Hope I’m wrong. Could we be looking at year 13 of the drought? It’s beyond humiliating and seems impossible to miss that many years in a row. Nobody has been that bad. 

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

There was a point in the 2nd I think, wher he looked very slow and almost unaware of where the puck was coming and going.

There were three PP passes from Tage where he got cute and turned the puck over letting the Habs clear. All three times EJ’s comments about not over complicating it and taking the play that’s there came to mind.

Drop him to the 4th line till he finds his game.    Maybe that’s where he will eventually find himself anyways 

3 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I was listening to a hockey podcast on the NHL Network. The guy said it’s demoralizing for the Sabres players to see a half empty building. 

Clearly this guy doesn’t get the idea people don’t like spending their money on garbage products.

It's demoralizing for Sabres fans to go to the game!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, sabremike said:

They clearly came into the season unprepared. Dom Granato sucks and isn't an NHL quality coach. Kevyn needs to get off his sorry ass and hire a real credible NHL quality coach or this bull ***** is never going to end.

I said this last season. DG is a developmental horse whisperer guy. As an assistant coach under an experienced and successful head coach, the team would benefit IMO.

That said, wins and losses are on the players. Not DG fault TT tries to make stupid passes or that Tuch has been irrelevant. 

4 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Fans are a reflection of the product, not the other way around 

people online care about the fact we locked up all our core to long term deals ahead of schedule. the lay-fan cares much more about the long term playoff drought 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Tuch will be fine. But it seems there are hints the entire team is not going to score nearly as many goals as last year. Hope I’m wrong. Could we be looking at year 13 of the drought? It’s beyond humiliating and seems impossible to miss that many years in a row. Nobody has been that bad. 

They’re not. They couldn’t keep up the type of scoring we saw last year

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.