Zach Benson, Devon Levi: day-to-day

Thorny

I want (need?) this team to make the playoffs so bad. But if there is a chance that Levi is this generational goalie that some say he could be then we need to protect his progression at all costs. 

This is less about this "day-to-day" injury and more about the work load we are anticipating for the kid. It feels like Levi is a lynch pin to the whole plan. If we break this kid I think there is a real chance we are back to the Eichel era of selling off all the pieces we acquired to start over. 

25 minutes ago, Night Train said:

You mean Levi can't play all 84 games ??   DOOMED !  

He's not Hasek. Back to earth. This team has far more issues beyond playing 1 goalie 500 times in a row to save the franchise. 

10 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Yeah baby.

And Savoie isn’t Gretzky

I read on this forum that’s Benson 

6 minutes ago, Getpucksdeep said:

Did he take a shot off the mask last night?  Or am I misremembering?  And if prior to the center ice goal ugh.  

Edit - ah I see lower body...

Pulled his groin sitting around like qui-gon during scrape breaks 

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

I want (need?) this team to make the playoffs so bad. But if there is a chance that Levi is this generational goalie that some say he could be then we need to protect his progression at all costs. 

This is less about this "day-to-day" injury and more about the work load we are anticipating for the kid. It feels like Levi is a lynch pin to the whole plan. If we break this kid I think there is a real chance we are back to the Eichel era of selling off all the pieces we acquired to start over. 

Well, we wont break Levi because he can go to Rochester if that is what is needed and we can muddle through with UPL and Comrie until a trade can be made.  

There is no need at all to do the Eichel era sell-off. 

We can't have a lineup with 24 forwards :   Tage-Tuch-Skinner, JJP-Cozens-Quinn, Greenway-Mitts-Benson, Okposso-Jost-Girgensons, Olofsson-Biro-Rousek, Savoie-Kulich-Rosen, Östlund-Kisikov-Nuechev, Kozak-Wahlberg-Murray ,,, 

The have a plethora of prospects to use in trade for a few pieces like: a goalie, another solid NHL defenseman, another gritty forward.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Well, we wont break Levi because he can go to Rochester if that is what is needed and we can muddle through with UPL and Comrie until a trade can be made.  

There is no need all all to do the Eichel era sell-off. 

We can't have a lineup with 24 forwards :   Tage-Tuch-Skinner, JJP-Cozens-Quinn, Greenway-Mitts-Benson, Okposso-Jost-Girgensons, Olofsson-Biro-Rousek, Savoie-Kulich-Rosen, Östlund-Kisikov-Nuechev, Kozak-Wahlberg-Murray ,,, 

The have a plethora of prospects to use in trade for a few pieces like: a goalie, another solid NHL defenseman, another gritty forward.  

I agree with you. I just meant that if Levi plays the lions share of games this year, 50-60 games. I don't know how much going back there is in 24-25. At that point he is the entrenched starter. Of course teams can always do whatever they want, but things do get tricky. 

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

I agree with you. I just meant that if Levi plays the lions share of games this year, 50-60 games. I don't know how much going back there is in 24-25. At that point he is the entrenched starter. Of course teams can always do whatever they want, but things do get tricky. 

If he plays that many games then we should assume that UPL/Comrie are a not cutting it and the playoffs are not happening. 

In that case we must find a goalie good enough to share the crease with him.   

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

There is no need at all to do the Eichel era sell-off. 

Absolutely no need for a sell off (unless there's somebody who wants out that we don't know about but I don't think that's the case) but the team needs a different make up, more two way forwards and not just offensive scorers, more NHL depth and most of all a coach who can instill a proper defensive system and work ethic in this team be that an assistant or a new HC. 

I firmly believe that it is already past time to move SOME prospects/assets for NHL caliber roster players now. Not ALL, just SOME.

Buffalo Sabres fans need to get off the Rochester Americans AHL crap for Devon Levi. Devon Levi was the reason the Sabres had any chance at the end last night. I notice Sabres fans want to focus on the two bad goals Levi let in for there justification to send him to Rochester. But they don’t want to talk about Levi stopping two clear cut breakaways.

The Buffalo Sabres are a turnover machine right now. I can’t wait until tomorrow’s game when some Sabres fans get a good look at UPL or Eric Comrie and they can see how much of a drop off there is when they don’t stop the clear cut breakaways. Why do some Sabres fans not see that the reason Don Granato plays Devon Levi all the games until this point because he gives the Sabres the best chance to win. Players in the minors getting run over by some cement head goon is no place to send a future superstar NHL goalie. I rather Levi practice here than expose him to that crap down there in the AHL.

Devon Levi can let in 10 goals a game and I want to see him developing up here with the Buffalo Sabres with Craig Anderson. Rochester Americans is glorified ECHL most of those AHL players never get out of the AHL. The travel is also bad by bus where you can become exposed more to injuries on some cramped bus no thank you in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.