Around the NHL 2023-24 Season

Brawndo

22 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I can’t wait for that day to come. Seriously. 

Agree. I’ll just be happy they get the winner they sorely deserve, after being such loyal fans through all the muck and the mire

Edited by Thorny

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

Seeing people constantly saying the same thing year after year after year and ending up looking like fools every single time and never learning their lesson is both sad and hilarious.

What about people saying the same thing year after year about their team and unfortunately being right about it year after year, what do those people do? When is the fracture point final? Or is this hockey hell?

15 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

What about people saying the same thing year after year about their team and unfortunately being right about it year after year, what do those people do? When is the fracture point final? Or is this hockey hell?

“How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on, when in your heart you begin to understand. There is no going back. There are some things that time cannot mend. Some hurts that go too deep. That have taken hold.”

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Thorny said:

“How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on, when in your heart you begin to understand. There is no going back. There are some things that time cannot mend. Some hurts that go too deep. That have taken hold.”

the lord of the rings GIF

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

They beat Boston in OT. They beat Carolina, Pittsburgh and Vegas. 

I'm not trying to suggest the Ducks are actually any good. They're not. But they were expected to be bad and in full rebuild. We were expected to push for a playoff spot. So scoffing at the Ducks when your own team is floundering is just plain dumb. 

I know. I wasn't attempting to refute you either. Straight away I merely said that looking at records can be misleading.  I think any fan scoffing at another team is just dumb. I would expect Buffalo fans to know this all too well.  But apparently not.

But I do dislike surface generalizations. When the team isn't doing well it's easy for people to come out of the wood work and begin pointing fingers. The Ducks are a team with nothing to lose. There were low expectations on them and that 100% factors into a team's performance.  The Sabres are the opposite, they have a ton of expectation heaped on them and they aren't handling it.  I don't make that statement to absolve them of their performance or make excuses. They are a team that needs to play far better than they are.

Calling out their youth and inexperience is fair. Calling out their performance is fair. Calling out the lack of addressing goaltending and team defense is fair. There are issues to be fixed.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, TheAud said:

the lord of the rings GIF

Tage wounded twice in battle.

Our troops flounder as enemies pounce

The Steward of Sabreland resigns us all to ill fate

Someone must climb the pile, someone must start the flame

It is time..........

EwG2c4b.png

THE BEACONS ARE LIT!

The Sabres call for aid!!!

Edited by Scottysabres
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

It is time..........

EwG2c4b.png

THE BEACONS ARE LIT!

“the mightiest man may be slain by one injury, Tage was pierced by many"

“My GM, there will be a time to grieve for Tage, but it is not now. War is coming ... the Boston Beorn’s are on your doorstep. As GM, you are charged with the improving the defence of this city. Where are Buffalo’s reinforcements?”

“You still have friends - you are not alone in this league. Send word to Guerin of Minnesota. Light the beacons.

“You think you are wise, Sabrespace, yet for all your subtlethreads you have not wisdom. Do you think the eyes of the White Yacht are blind? I *think* we know a little more than the fans. With your left hand you would use me as a shield against Granato, and with your right you would seek to supplant me.”

“Authority is not given to you to deny the return of wins - GM!”

“The rule of Buffalo is MINE. And no posters.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

It is time..........

EwG2c4b.png

THE BEACONS ARE LIT!

So what is Boston Mordor then? Is Marchand Sauron or Gollum? 

Seems to me Eichel left the shire and got the ring to rule them all. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

BOSTON —

Bruins veteran forward Milan Lucic was arrested early Saturday morning in the city of Boston following a domestic incident, sources confirmed to WCVB's Duke Castiglione.

The specifics of the incident were not immediately clear.

He probably got drunk and punched someone in the face.

1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

BOSTON —

Bruins veteran forward Milan Lucic was arrested early Saturday morning in the city of Boston following a domestic incident, sources confirmed to WCVB's Duke Castiglione.

Goodness it’s like the police haven’t updated their mugshot camera since George Eastman was alive. 

IMG_3021.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

BOSTON —

This makes me sad.....so, so, sad....

Sad this didn't happen Nov. 11th, 2012.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

So "domestic" as in a family issue? 

Well, domestic basically means inside the home.  I suppose it’s possible that it the term could be used for an altercation with a friend or something inside the home, but the term is almost always used when it’s an issue between spouses/significant others.

33 minutes ago, Curt said:

Well, domestic basically means inside the home.  I suppose it’s possible that it the term could be used for an altercation with a friend or something inside the home, but the term is almost always used when it’s an issue between spouses/significant others.

It only confirms what we all already suspected. I personally suspect that when Lucic isn't busy running 170lb star goalies he's busy doing... family stuff?, hanging cats by their tails from backyard clothes lines, kicking neighborhood dogs and generally terrorizing random communities he happens to drag his knuckles in to.

At least, that's what I suspect anyways.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • dislike 2

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

Oh come on Hank.....it was low hanging fruit :😜 

I get the humor, just not my particular brand. Regardless of my personal feelings toward the team or player, I don't have it in me to crack a smile when I suspect the target of your humor of domestic violence. No offense intended with the emoji, and no judgment toward you.  

• Like (+1) 2