What in the world is this crazy Sabres photo? And like … why?

Zamboni

Dominik Hasek keeps Matthew Barnaby’s bathrobe out of reach with help from Brad May and Rob Ray as the Buffalo Sabres teammates pose in a locker room on January 29, 1997 in Buffalo, N.Y.

3E09D15D-7525-4BD0-B4F7-85C5A3853845.jpeg

Post other crazy weird wacky Sabres photos in this general publicity/promo genre!

Edited by Zamboni
  • Like (+1) 1

• Zamboni changed the title to What in the world is this crazy Sabres photo? And like … why?

It’s from a Sports Illustrated Article from the February 10th, 1997 

What's also of import in Buffalo is the Robe. In a nod to the
dress of boxers entering the ring, trainer Jim Pizzutelli began
a tradition of awarding a robe in Sabres colors to any Buffalo
player who displays extraordinary merit, not necessarily of the
pugilistic variety. Ray, May and Hasek have theirs. Barnaby
eagerly awaits his, naked aggression apparently being the best
way to get robed.

https://vault.si.com/vault/1997/02/10/dressed-to-thrill-surprisingly-the-sabres-are-among-the-nhls-best-teams-certainly-theyre-its-most-entertaining

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Quint said:

I already posted this photo in my thread Favorite Sabre Photos a couple days ago. It was in the original post. I take it that you didn't see that?

And I started this thread on Saturday night. Which is five days ago.  I take it you didn’t see that? And the fact that you brought this up …. Um … weird.

3 hours ago, Billznut said:

This photo has been shown on this forum upteen times over the years. Not sure why anyone is acting like it’s never been seen before. 

Hey Curmudgeon, I have never ever put my eyes on that photo before in my life until Saturday when I created this thread.  So I’m not acting. Good day to you.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I've been here, I think, 15 years or so and I don't recall seeing that photo either lol. 

Oh, you don't recall, Senator. Is what you're saying under oath before this committee? ... Trish put up the slide.

There is an audible gasp. Cameras click and flash like a fireworks display. Senator McConnell's fourth chin quivers. In the gallery, an elderly lady faints.

My God, Senator Woody, have you no shame!?

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.