What’s left for KA to do this Summer?

GASabresIUFAN

28 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I said it before: there’s a big difference between a breakout year and a career year.

Based in general NHL trends, 2 players had totals he’s OK to be skeptical of: definitely Skinner and less so Tuch.

Mitts, Dahlin, Thompson and maybe Cozens are all at an age/experience level where it is reasonable to expect similar numbers more often than not over the next 5 or 6 years.

Quinn, Peterka, Krebs and Power are players where their peaks are almost certainly still to come.

Cozens is still 4-5 years from his prime. I don’t expect another big jump but he should remain close to those totals while improving his all round game. He is still getting stronger and will be a handful to play against.

If Quinn was there all season, he would easily exceed last year’s totals.

Peterka and Krebs will build on their World Championship performances. Peterka may get more PP time with Quinn out. Krebs could be their Cirelli, this year.

Power has so much room to grow that he could be more of a force at both ends. I doubt he puts up big numbers, but he will own the puck and do great things with it.

Just now, Scottysabres said:

It's been awfully quiet on the Olofsson front. Actually, it's been dead silent on anything KA may do. Looking like the Sabres have a water tight ship info wise.

Either that or the market is simply not showing much demand...GMKA won't trade him for a bag of pucks and many teams can't afford him without some Sabres salary retention.

24 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Either that or the market is simply not showing much demand...GMKA won't trade him for a bag of pucks and many teams can't afford him without some Sabres salary retention.

Don't you be using that rational thought process on me, in the age of irrational, knee-jerk reactions 🤣 

All kidding aside, this could be the case.

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Over 10 weeks to go before opening face off …. He has time to do more if it makes sense for the team, plan, and franchise. 

Yeah I won't hold my breath what impact trade has he made to get this team to playoffs ? 

Hell it's been 3 years of same Nonsense of not trading for a goalie.

The last GM to make a impact trade was jason botterill for Skinner 

Just sad 

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Yeah I won't hold my breath what impact trade has he made to get this team to playoffs ? 

Just sad 

Those blackouts are starting to affect your memory.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just sad 

Trading for Tuch and Levi seems to have made an impact.  Krebs to a lesser degree, Kulich soon.  Reinhart for Levi and Kulich seems to be a grandslam at this point

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, CTJoe said:

Trading for Tuch and Levi seems to have made an impact.  Krebs to a lesser degree, Kulich soon.  Reinhart for Levi and Kulich seems to be a grandslam at this point

Those were forced moves 2 players that asked for a trade .

When has Adams made a impact type trade like Briere or Drury the  Regehr trade

hell Murry even got ROR ,kane etc .

Adams biggest trade was washed up Eric Staal

• Disagree 1

You keep living in that world of your own making.

Doesnt seem like a fun place, but to each his own.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

What difference does it make why a deal was made? Whether it was for reasons of disgruntlement, cap, better players in the system or whatever, the measurement of success of a deal is the impact on the team. The fundamental issue is: does the transaction make the team better and/or do the cumulative transactions improve the team. The Jack deal, for whatever reason it was made for, was a good deal for both teams involved. 

You are reflexive contrarian to the point where everyone knows what your position is on a topic before you even post it. You make @PerreaultForeverlook like a Polly Anna Optimist. That is quite an accomplishment. 

Edited by JohnC
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

What difference does it make why a deal was made? Whether it was for reasons of disgruntlement, cap, better players in the system or whatever, the measurement of success of a deal is the impact on the team. The fundamental issue is: does the transaction make the team better and/or do the cumulative transactions improve the team. The Jack deal, for whatever reason it was made for was a good deal for both teams involved. 

You are reflexive contrarian to the point where everyone knows what your position is on a topic before you even post it. You make @PerreaultForeverlook like a Polly Anna Optimist. That is quite an accomplishment. 

IMG_7232.thumb.jpeg.97a73f2853ba0a2e7212c4eb8a290fbf.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

You keep living in that world of your own making.

Doesnt seem like a fun place, but to each his own.

Your decline continues. Now you're into personal attacks. You're really willing to soil and sully yourself over Kevyn ***** Adams and some fantasy of a future dynasty. Just stop. There are reasonable alternate opinions that KA is a bum.

4 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

hell Murry even got ROR ,kane etc 

both players asked out of their respective clubs before murray came knocking.  from what i remember.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Your decline continues. Now you're into personal attacks. You're really willing to soil and sully yourself over Kevyn ***** Adams and some fantasy of a future dynasty. Just stop. There are reasonable alternate opinions that KA is a bum.

Yes there are. Did you think that was one?

5 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

So "forced trades" aren't actual trades?  Interesting.....Would seem to me that "forced" trades are harder than "real" trades as other GM's know you have to trade the player??  Seems to me that he didn't do too badly on these "forced" non-trades:  

Eichel for:  Tuch, Krebs, Rosen, Greenway

Reinhart for:  Levi and Kulich

Ristolainan for:  Hagg, Oslund and Wahlberg

I hope you can continue to tread water in your glass half empty view.......

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Some fans are mad that KA is doing exactly what he said he would.  That's not his problem. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

And he won't it's been 3 years now .

And some will say he did great this summer 

You are likely to be right that KA isn't going to add a veteran goalie this offseason. That doesn't mean that not doing so will be as disastrous as you are projecting. Let's just wait and see what the consequences will be with his status quo approach to the position. 

As far as rating the GM's offseason, I would categorize it as being solid. The additions of Johnson and Clfiton were solid additions. I would still like to see another 4/5 defenseman added to the unit.  The GM has said right from the start that he was going to mostly build from within. And that's exactly what he is doing. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You are likely to be right that KA isn't going to add a veteran goalie this offseason. That doesn't mean that not doing so will be as disastrous as you are projecting. Let's just wait and see what the consequences will be with his status quo approach to the position. 

As far as rating the GM's offseason, I would categorize it as being solid. The additions of Johnson and Clfiton were solid additions. I would still like to see another 4/5 defenseman added to the unit.  The GM has said right from the start that he was going to mostly build from within. And that's exactly what he is doing. 

It is (this is not me being negative) but half this fan base is acting like it's normal for a rookie to be the starter and be "the guy" it just It's normal the guy isn't the second coming of Hasek .

And I like Levi. 

This could end up being Steve Mason 2.0 

8 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

It is (this is not me being negative) but half this fan base is acting like it's normal for a rookie to be the starter and be "the guy" it just It's normal the guy isn't the second coming of Hasek .

And I like Levi. 

This could end up being Steve Mason 2.0 

I'm not as bothered by our goalie situation as most are. The bigger issue for me is the overall play of the defense that includes the blue line unit and the forwards. Is the GM taking a risk staying with the goalies he has on the roster? Absolutely. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.