2023 Free Agent Frenzy (Non-Sabres)

Eleven

12 hours ago, French Collection said:

The other thing that Yzerman’s annual turnovers does is upset the chemistry. Every team has some change but the numbers of UFAs in and out of there seem higher than most.

I think Kevyn's approach is the opposite extreme, but perhaps he understands the impact of chemistry and how to build it better than I do.

11 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Laid out like that Detroit's prospect pool would be awesome for a team that's already established. It definitely lacks what you'd want for a team in their situation 

We have collected this very nice supporting cast of solid core pieces for, erm, Dylan Larkin

That explains why Stevie Y is clutching at straws in free agency.  Not unlike XGMTM's attempt to bring in people to support Eichel, and probably about as successful (but with Larkin being a lesser talent).

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

When he was drafted I thought he be a star 

Drafted 6th OA in the Dahlin draft. Looking at that 1st round class it is very ugly. Dahlin, Svechnikov,               B Tkachuk, Q Hughes, Dobson, K Andre Miller, Evan Bouchard and a whole lot of garbage.

4 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Drafted 6th OA in the Dahlin draft. Looking at that 1st round class it is very ugly. Dahlin, Svechnikov,               B Tkachuk, Q Hughes, Dobson, K Andre Miller, Evan Bouchard and a whole lot of garbage.

I remember every one saying it was the Biggest steal ever 

I can't Really say it's a bad pick When Every single analyst said he would be a superstar .

Just bad luck 

Edited by Buffalonill

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I can't Really say it's a bad pick When Every single analyst said he would be a superstar .

Just bad luck 

I remember Doug MaClean saying that when he was GM of the Jackets and they took Filatov 6th and he busted, “We took the player that all the experts ranked 6th. We took him where he was supposed to go and yet those same experts say we made a bad pick.”

10 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Well, Granato turned Jost around (see, @LGR4GM, I do give him credit where due), and 1.8 isn't a big risk.  Could be a stopgap for Quinn.

I wouldn't say that IMO I would hope we replace him with vet experience that has had success with 25g+ a year 

But I wouldn't mind to take a chance on Zadina and slowly bring him along 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Just bad luck 

Let's hope Benson doesn't turn out that way.

9 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I wouldn't say that IMO I would hope we replace him with vet experience that has had success with 25g+ a year 

But I wouldn't mind to take a chance on Zadina and slowly bring him along 

It won't happen unless they move Olofsson.

58 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

We could bring in Zadina who is on waivers and see if a change of scenery helps. He is a solid winger but has never quite lived up to the hype. 

I wouldn't say that maybe he could become that in Buffalo.  

Right now he's 4th liner( nhl) - Ahler 

Edited by Buffalonill

8 hours ago, sabrefanday1 said:

He is my cousin's stepson...glad he got a nice new contract and has achance to win big with Carolina but he really wanted to stay with the Laughs being a Toronto born guy. He plays hard and yes I really hope KA would sign him back before he signed with Toronto 3 years ago. 

Meanwhile Toronto replaces junk with junk...Reaves is a joke but he will fight Lucic every time they play. That'll be good for a laugh...   

Being that "Toronto guy" is part of why I wanted us to try to sign him. Still close to home for him. Carolina is my early pick to be in the cup after their moves. 

Reaves isn't a "joke" but he's definitely past his best before date. 3 years was crazy. There's a lot of beef in our division though. I know it's not the old days, but it might still be a problem. 

27 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I wouldn't say that maybe he could become that in Buffalo.  

Right now he's 4th liner( nhl) - Ahler 

If Donny G can fix Tage and Skinner and Mitts... I am willing to take a chance on Zadina. 

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

That’s good to hear. Other than size, it seemed like agility was the biggest concern for Benson making it in the NHL.

That's because Pronman kept questioning Bensons skating even though his agility was good. 

10 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

It would not surprise me if Benson makes the team before Savoie in 2024-25

Benson if better than Savoie.

Edited by LGR4GM

36 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

That’s good to hear. Other than size, it seemed like agility was the biggest concern for Benson making it in the NHL.

No it wasn’t agility it was straight line speed. His skating isn’t electric like Savoie’s but I don’t see a problem with his speed. He is a tremendous skater overall with a motor that never stops.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.