Rd 1, Pick 13: Zach Benson

SDS

7 minutes ago, TRIP65 said:

You don't control my Posting and Dahlin is getting signed in less then a week.

Yes, Dahlin will have a new contract that runs from '24-'25 - '31-'32 (maybe only through '30-'31 but am expecting 8 years).  But that has ZERO to do with what he gets paid in '23-'24 nor his cap hit for '23-'24.  The NHL is not the NFL and contracts are set in stone after they are approved by the NHL unless the player walks away or the NHL buys it out/terminates it for cause.  None of those will affect his current contract.

51 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Dahlin will not be 11+ mil. He won’t.

Quinn will not be out 6 months. 6 months is December 29th.

I bet he’s back on the ice by November.

No Achilles injury takes 6-12 months for full recovery to play Sports

41 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Yes, Krebs point a game = struggling

Rosen a little over 1/2 a point per game = NHL ready.

Krebs AHL 21-22   18 games  4 goals and 11 Assists +3

Kulich AHL 22-23  62 games 24 goals 22 assists   -7

So 3.44X game rate for Kulich

Krebs has in 62 games 13.76 goals  38 Assists     21 of these assists are A2's

Krebs has 3 AHL seasons and the last one in Rochester

Take 24 goals Kulich to a Projected 14 goals for Krebs any day of the week.

https://www.ahltracker.com/skaters/8503

https://theahl.com/stats/player/9502/77/jiri-kulich

17 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Yes, Dahlin will have a new contract that runs from '24-'25 - '31-'32 (maybe only through '30-'31 but am expecting 8 years).  But that has ZERO to do with what he gets paid in '23-'24 nor his cap hit for '23-'24.  The NHL is not the NFL and contracts are set in stone after they are approved by the NHL unless the player walks away or the NHL buys it out/terminates it for cause.  None of those will affect his current contract.

This is all about 24 and beyond. Talking about money available after that to sign Middlestat. It will take at least 6 mil/yr to sign a 60 pt guy. I say there is no room for Middlestat with the Prospects we have.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

You have no idea what you are talking about. 

Jack Quinn AHL: 45games 26g 35a 61pts = 1.356 pts per game

JJ Peterka AHL: 70games 28g 40a 68pts = 0.971 pts per game

Isak Rosen AHL: 66games 14g 23a 37pts = 0.561 pts per game

Jiri Kulich AHL: 62games 24g 22a 46pts = 0.742 pts per game

Rosek and Kulich have not even reached the level of JJP and Quinn at the AHL level and you are in here RANTING about how they are the exact same and screaming about the World Juniors. It isn't the same, they are not ready, they will not be in Buffalo in the 2023 season unless it is really late in the year for a cup of coffee. 

I agree with you that Rosen and Kulich are not NHL ready, but it's worth noting that Kulich put up his numbers despite being 18 for virtually the entire season whereas Quinn was 20 at the start and Peterka turned 20 in January of their AHL season. It's a fair comparison for Rosen.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, kas23 said:

Another “fact” this is untrue. Are you going for a record?

That, plus Adams really doesn’t seem like the type of guy who won’t like a player because he didn’t personally draft him. In fact, the same people who wanted Mitts are still with the team. Adams builds a consensus, not dictates. 

So there in NOT a Consensus on Kulich, Rousek, Rosen, Savoie, Benson, Östlund

These Players have all been projected up and rising in stock for Top 9 players

Krebs maybe for 4th line. Not a Winger. Just doesn't score goals.

Middlestat, fine player, two way now but just doesn't score goals.

So OK Jost was a Waiver a RFA now. I really don't see how it changes anything. he will come cheap for a 4th line player who plays two positions.

Edited by TRIP65

13 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

It depends on if the WHL counts the 24 games he played as a 16yr old as an accrued season. If they do, then he would have 4 years in the WHL after this season and my understanding is that it is either turn 20 before Jan 1 or accrue 4 seasons to be AHL eligible. Someone can double check that. My guess is that with 24games played that first season counts so he is required to do one more. Hard for me to answer because I might be wrong on the 4 seasons thing. 

The actual CHL- NHL agreement states there are three options for a player to move to the AHL.

1) Player turns 20 before January 1st
2) Player completes "four full seasons" of CHL hockey
3) The CHL team agrees to release the player to the AHL (yes, this is in there and, no, it does not happen).

If the CHL doesn't want to count a player playing in 24 of 24 scheduled games (remember, this season was planned to be only 24 games) then I'd get a lawyer and take them to town. There's no way a reasonable person doesn't consider that a full season played.

Importantly, contrary to what people seem to think, there is no minimum games definition or anything similar for what constitutes a full season. A player could miss half a season due to injury and still (potentially) count it as a full season played. There may be an unofficial agreement between the CHL and the NHL as far as how that's defined, but the language of the signed agreement doesn't specify. Per the language of the agreement, it's hard to argue that Benson is not entering his fourth season.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

I agree with you that Rosen and Kulich are not NHL ready, but it's worth noting that Kulich put up his numbers despite being 18 for virtually the entire season whereas Quinn was 20 at the start and Peterka turned 20 in January of their AHL season. It's a fair comparison for Rosen.

Rosen and Kulich has something Peterka and Quinn don't have, strong playoff run with wins in AHL series. You only get that playing on strong teams and these two led their team.

1 minute ago, TRIP65 said:

Rosen and Kulich has something Peterka and Quinn don't have, strong playoff run with wins in AHL series. You only get that playing on strong teams and these two led their team.

Are you trolling?

Peterka: 1 minor league season, 2 playoff series win, 12 games, 7 goals, 14 points

Rosen: 1 minor league season, 2 playoff series win, 14 games, 4 goals, 8 points

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, TRIP65 said:

Krebs AHL 21-22   18 games  4 goals and 11 Assists +3

Kulich AHL 22-23  62 games 24 goals 22 assists   -7

So 3.44X game rate for Kulich

Krebs has in 62 games 13.76 goals  38 Assists     21 of these assists are A2's

Krebs has 3 AHL seasons and the last one in Rochester

Take 24 goals Kulich to a Projected 14 goals for Krebs any day of the week.

https://www.ahltracker.com/skaters/8503

https://theahl.com/stats/player/9502/77/jiri-kulich

I think Krebs will be an important leader of our future team along with cozens and Dahlin.  Also a bottom 6 player with more speed and skill than Okposo and Girgensons.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TRIP65 said:

Care to make an interesting? Charity bet. $25 to a charity

I bet Jack Quinn Will be on the ice practicing by himself or with others no later than November 15th.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Curt said:

You know, I was reminded of something this morning.  NHL GMs just flat out overthink the draft a lot of the time.

If you just told a computer to select the highest scoring CHL forward available at every draft pick, it would find more players that go on to have successful NHL careers than a lot of GMs.

Sometimes it’s as simple as picking the best junior players.  Chances are that they will go on to have the best NHL careers.

Jason Botterill did this in 2017 and his computer exploded 

16 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Care to make an interesting? Charity bet. $25 to a charity

I bet Jack Quinn Will be on the ice practicing by himself or with others no later than November 15th.

I like Quinn, hope your right but here is a very good player that got hurt last year.

Duclair, 27, missed much of the 2022–23 regular season while recovering from a torn Achilles. The speedy winger racked up nine points (two goals, seven assists) in 20 games

Surgery July 2nd 2022

Out 60+ games

31 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I think Krebs will be an important leader of our future team along with cozens and Dahlin.  Also a bottom 6 player with more speed and skill than Okposo and Girgensons.

Would Krebs stay on team 4th line Center or rather get traded to team with possible top 9 spot?

I would think Krebs wants better chance for his NHL Career.

12 minutes ago, TRIP65 said:

I like Quinn, hope your right but here is a very good player that got hurt last year.

Duclair, 27, missed much of the 2022–23 regular season while recovering from a torn Achilles. The speedy winger racked up nine points (two goals, seven assists) in 20 games

Surgery July 2nd 2022

Out 60+ games

I didn’t think so.

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I'm happy I have to wait 4 years to see him in action

I know this is just more of your usual whining, but it does raise the question of how far away this kid is.

Many of you think Matt Savoie is ready now (I doubt it) and Benson was arguably better than Savoie this year, or at least at the same level.

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I know this is just more of your usual whining, but it does raise the question of how far away this kid is.

Many of you think Matt Savoie is ready now (I doubt it) and Benson was arguably better than Savoie this year, or at least at the same level.

If he is more ready then Savoie I won't bitch 

• Thanks (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

I'm sorry I know he's gonna be a good player but it's a f****** joke  For the old generation that have been suffering .

I don't even know if I'm gonna be here in 3 years I drink so much 

Do you ever have anything positive to say or is it just constant negativity in the form of gibberish and incomplete sentences? What would you have done then? Adams was definitely working the phones trying to make a move... 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.