Rd 1, Pick 13: Zach Benson

SDS

Couldn't be more excited about ZB after watching the dev camp 3v3 tournament.  He was by far the best player on the ice during the tournament.  His play just jumped off the screen and you could tell every time he was in because he was directly impacting the game (do keep in mind we were missing several recent 1st round picks at dev camp, but I highly doubt they would have looked better than he did).  ZB is going to be a gamer for sure.  I wouldn't be surprised if he makes the Sabres before Savoie.  

The best way to describe him IMO is relentless.  He is relentless in hounding the puck and pressuring the D with his puck handling/passing.  This guy is going to be good.  

• Like (+1) 4

Someone probably already posted this. But this is easily the best scouting video on Benson. Has me super pumped. When this kid gets stronger, fills out his size, and adds some speed … he’s going to be fantastic for us. Can’t wait. I expect him to be competing heavily for a roster spot next season given his work ethic and instincts. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Benson is one of the fiercest puck hounds I've ever seen as a prospect.   

I'm more excited about his ability to create turnovers than enything else he can do offensively.

Just a very unique skill set.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.