2023 HHOF Class to be announced today (June 21)

Eleven

Just now, Eleven said:

Mogilny left out again.  Why is he not considered worthy?

Probably because Fedorov and Bure were better. I personally think Mogilny should be in because he opened things up for others to leave Russia, was above average etc. but who knows maybe some in the committee have ill feelings towards him *shrugs*

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Probably because Fedorov and Bure were better. I personally think Mogilny should be in because he opened things up for others to leave Russia, was above average etc. but who knows maybe some in the committee have ill feelings towards him *shrugs*

It’s debatable that Bure and Federov were better.  Did you ever watch Mogilny at his peak?  He was unstoppable.  I even think Federov said Mogilny was better in an interview.

Mike Vernon?  Tom Barrasso?  They should not be in over Mogilny.  Thought Turgeon might be blackballed over “ Punch Up” fiasco.

Edited by DHawerchuk10
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DHawerchuk10 said:

It’s debatable that Bure and Federov were better.  Did you ever watch Mogilny at his peak?  He was unstoppable.  I even think Federov said Mogilny was better in an interview.

Mike Vernon?  Tom Barrasso?  They should not be in over Mogilny.  Thought Turgeon might be blackballed over “ Punch Up” fiasco.

I'm 46, so yes I saw Mogilny at his best. I still remember the 76 goal season and how excited it was getting his autograph that same year.

10 hours ago, Marvin said:

Tom Barrasso gets in for back-stopping the Pens to 2 Cups.  He was better after being traded.  IMHO, that was because he did not play against Boston as often.

Getting away from the Bruins likely helped, but IMHO the reason his play improved so markedly after moving to Pittsburgh is because of his daughter's health issues and how they made a "changed man" of him.

• Thanks (+1) 1

It's ridiculous that year in year out he gets bypassed.  He is a surefire hall of fame player.  His points speak for themselves, as do his all star appearances, Stanley Cup win.  How in the blue hell is Mike Vernon a hall of fame goalie?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.