Rousek signs two year extension, 775k AAV with Sabres

Brawndo

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Not surprising, but good to see.

Expect he'll get some time with the big club this year.  

Just now, Brawndo said:

Wonder what the AHL salary will be?  Hoping he got a healthy bump while he continues to earn an opportunity to get a good chunk of that $775k.

• Brawndo changed the title to Rousek signs two year extension, 775k AAV with Sabres
40 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Not surprising, but good to see.

Expect he'll get some time with the big club this year.  

Wonder what the AHL salary will be?  Hoping he got a healthy bump while he continues to earn an opportunity to get a good chunk of that $775k.

According to capfriendly, Rousek’s AHL salary on this deal is $70,000.

• Thanks (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Doohickie said:

It will be viewed as a brilliant signing when he scores 25 goals this year.

As he projects to be a 3/4 liner, 20 goals is the minimum acceptable number. The Sabres will never be good otherwise.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Ctaeth said:

First year two way.  Second year one way.  Sounds like they plan on him definitely being on the team next year.  Maybe planning on intentionally bringing him up with kulich (the two czechs) in the same year?

He probably starts the year in Rochester.  

so we get to see Rousek, and probably Kulich and Savoie this year.  

I am still hoping they acquire a bottom 6 NHL vet that can help defensively and on the PK.  It is getting crowded with KO and ZG back.  

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

He probably starts the year in Rochester.  

so we get to see Rousek, and probably Kulich and Savoie this year.  

I am still hoping they acquire a bottom 6 NHL vet that can help defensively and on the PK.  It is getting crowded with KO and ZG back.  

They plan on bringing Jost back. Adams said as much this morning. They will let Rousek try to win a spot so I think and I have felt this, they feel good about the forwards and will focus on improving the defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

They plan on bringing Jost back. Adams said as much this morning. They will let Rousek try to win a spot so I think and I have felt this, they feel good about the forwards and will focus on improving the defense

I sure hope so to the bolded part.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I sure hope so to the bolded part.  

There is too much smoke and it makes far too much sense for that NOT to be the case.

The question becomes does a goalie become available that Adams believes makes sense to bring in to pair with Levi over the 2 guys they currently have.  Hoping the answer is the same as for the D, but it is less of a certainty.  And there are guys that make sense to bring in via UFA, trade, or offer sheet.  Just pick one and make it happen Mr. Adams.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.