A Top 4 Defenseman is Adams Top Priority per Lebrun

Brawndo

7 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Someone on another board put another name out there: Brian Dumolin.

Unhearalded, 6’4, 210 lbs  31 year old dman has played with the Pens his whole career.

He is definitely a 20 minute a night guy.  Is that enough to be top 4 fur us?  He can definitely help on the PK.

Just now, Buffalonill said:

For a goalie? Jesus christ 

adin hill just won a cup think about that 

Saros is the best fit for the style we play. He's excellent facing odd man rushes. Vegas, and Winnipeg, play a much more disciplined defensive style of hockey. Hill would fail behind our D and free wheeling style, and I think Saros fits better than Helly. 

3 minutes ago, Hank said:

Saros is the best fit for the style we play. He's excellent facing odd man rushes. Vegas, and Winnipeg, play a much more disciplined defensive style of hockey. Hill would fail behind our D and free wheeling style, and I think Saros fits better than Helly. 

Buffalo doesn't need to spend that much on a goalie when they have Levi .

They just need to sign a guy like Andersen.

Use those  Pieces you listed for a defensive player

Edited by Buffalonill
  • Agree 1

Just now, Buffalonill said:

Buffalo doesn't need spend that much on a goalie when they have Levi .

They just need to sign a guy like Andersen.

Use those  Pieces you listed for a defensive player

I included a defenseman, perhaps you missed it. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Buffalo doesn't need to spend that much on a goalie when they have Levi .

I like Levi as much as anyone and believe he'll take us to the playoffs next year, I also believe Saros makes us a cup contender. 

• Agree 2

35 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I don't think buffalo needs him but that's just me .

Just build up the blue line 

Who is this magical needle moving dman you envision since you dump on everyone else’s suggestions. Show your work and lay out who you are moving to acquire said magical dman. I’ll hang up and listen. 

• Like (+1) 1

My first target for upgrading the D would be Alec Martinez for a conditional ‘24 4th(3rd)

That solidifies the left side and gives 3 Cup Rings of experience and know how to our team which is sorely needed.

Muel

Power

Martinez

Stillman as 7

As for the right side we presently have Dahlin, Jokiharju, Bush. That is where we need a defensive partner for Power. Dahlin is a lock.

From there Jokiharju or Bush will be moved out while we using the remaining one as our 3RD. 

There are a number of interesting ideas

Tanev/Hanifin from CGY probably leading all trade targets. I’d love Roy from LAK but I doubt they move him. DeMelo from WPG would also work well as a defensive partner. On the cheap acquisition cost side, a guy like Jeff Petry could be an adequate add as he’s a Jack of all trades type with playoff experience. 

UFAs are primarily older guys like Schenn or middle career guys like Mayfield or Graves.

20 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I honestly cannot f####ng believe this board is still bitching and moaning over #5 defender Will Borgen. I want KA to fix the defense simply so I can stop hearing about the Legend of Will Borgen, depth defender extraordinaire. 

I totally agree, but also see both sides. This teams weakness is and has been physicality. The Sabres seem to always get rid of the folks that give it to them. Do i want him back? No. There are others more capable then him that can be had for the right price. But, we DO need more physicality on this team in the worst way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Stormcloudmember66 said:

I totally agree, but also see both sides. This teams weakness is and has been physicality. The Sabres seem to always get rid of the folks that give it to them. Do i want him back? No. There are others more capable then him that can be had for the right price. But, we DO need more physicality on this team in the worst way.

Dahlin, Boosh, Muel are all physical. I think you can get Power to be more physical and he will need to be. I think that Kevyn Adams has already identified that this team needs more physical and has started to address that. 

I would note that Quinn, Tuch, Mitts, JJP, Cozens, all have a physical element to their game. Jeff Skinner as well. I do agree though that I would like another physical defender on the backend, if not 2, and I would like another forward with some snarl. That said, I think that we have a bunch of guys now who have that dogged style of play where you take the puck and they will hound you all over the ice. I think that level of team physicality is an important starting point. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just wait until Novikov gets a game. Last time I saw any of his play, he has physicality. 

BTW physicality is a main reason I wish we had Jiricek. He is downright mean at times. 6'3" and mean. Also... David has a brother in the 2024 draft, not sure if he plays the same style but he has roughly the same size (height, not weight yet) and he has skills, Adam Jiricek.

• Like (+1) 1

I know we do have physicality, but we need that player that is feared by the other team. I do see some of that gritiness that is needed but it does seem more often then not the other team is the aggressor, not us. Playoff hockey it is a must to be the aggressor. Every year we see that with the cup winner. Love this team and see it getting better and stronger but that nasty piece is definitely needed. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.