A little NHL trivia...

Eleven

A random Joe Sakic reference this morning got me thinking about one.  I don't know the answer but it might be fun to research.

1. How many hall of famers played their entire career with one team?
2. How many of those played in more than one city?

I also wonder if the WHA could complicate the question.  If someone played in the WHA and then just one NHL team, would you count that for #1?  I'm not sure if anyone even did that since guys like Howe and Hull wound up playing with that same WHA team post merger.

4 hours ago, shrader said:

A random Joe Sakic reference this morning got me thinking about one.  I don't know the answer but it might be fun to research.

I also wonder if the WHA could complicate the question.  If someone played in the WHA and then just one NHL team, would you count that for #1?  I'm not sure if anyone even did that since guys like Howe and Hull wound up playing with that same WHA team post merger.

1. Joe Sakic

2. Joe Sakic

No clue as to anyone else.

4 hours ago, shrader said:

I would venture to guess that several Montreal Canadians did.

38 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I would venture to guess that several Montreal Canadians did.

Not the two cities part though. You need someone from a relocated franchise and I’m having trouble thinking of anyone else. There aren’t many career Jets or Whalers. 

I don’t know that Shane Doan will ever make that list. 

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Not the two cities part though. You need someone from a relocated franchise and I’m having trouble thinking of anyone else. There aren’t many career Jets or Whalers. 

I don’t know that Shane Doan will ever make that list. 

Oh, I didn’t see the two city part. What about Modano? Damn, forgot about the 40 games in Detroit.

Edited by tom webster

• 2 weeks later...

On Sept. 22, 2021, what defenseman signed a three year, $18 mil. contract with the Sabres?

Who replaced Marcel Pronovost as coach of the Sabres in the 1978-1979 season?

How many games did the Sabres play in the 2020-2021 regular season, shortened due to the Covid-19 pandemic?

11 hours ago, Zamboni said:

On Sept. 22, 2021, what defenseman signed a three year, $18 mil. contract with the Sabres?

Who replaced Marcel Pronovost as coach of the Sabres in the 1978-1979 season?

How many games did the Sabres play in the 2020-2021 regular season, shortened due to the Covid-19 pandemic?

The first one is Dahlin.

The second one is Billy Inglis.

25 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Who was the captain of the Sabres in their inaugural season in 1970-1971?

Name the three goaltenders who played for the Sabres in the 1985-1986 season?

Who was the first American born African-American to play in the NHL and for the Sabres?

If memory serves, the first one was Floyd Smith.

The third one was Tony McKegney.

24 minutes ago, Marvin said:

If memory serves, the first one was Floyd Smith.

The third one was Tony McKegney.

Not McKegney.  Was the guy the NHL was celebrating a season or 2 ago and had been brought up by Bowman specifically to kick the ever living snot out of O'Reilley.

(Left his name off, in case anybody else wants to try to figure it out.)

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 9/25/2023 at 11:40 AM, shrader said:

There are plenty of guys who pass question #1.  We’re they saying that Sakic was the only one who did?

59 minutes ago, Curt said:

There are plenty of guys who pass question #1.  We’re they saying that Sakic was the only one who did?

Yeah, there’s plenty in #1. I don’t really care about that portion. I only outlined it in that order because I wasn’t sure how best to word it. 

Sakic has to be the only one, unless there’s some crazy situation from the early NHL days. Maybe Doan sneaks in, but I just don’t see it happening. 

48 minutes ago, shrader said:

Yeah, there’s plenty in #1. I don’t really care about that portion. I only outlined it in that order because I wasn’t sure how best to word it. 

Sakic has to be the only one, unless there’s some crazy situation from the early NHL days. Maybe Doan sneaks in, but I just don’t see it happening. 

Some Habs greats.

Off of the top of my head, Richard, Beliveau, Dryden.

Bruins. Clapper, Schmidt.

Leafs. Armstrong, Apps

Rangers. Gilbert

I’m sure there are many more.

18 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Some Habs greats.

Off of the top of my head, Richard, Beliveau, Dryden.

Bruins. Clapper, Schmidt.

Leafs. Armstrong, Apps

Rangers. Gilbert

I’m sure there are many more.

That’s not the question. Hell, we have Perreault who made the hall of fame and only played here. I’m looking for hall of famers who spent their entire careers with one team that relocated. So Sakic in Quebec/Colorado. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.