GDT: 4/21/23 Amerks @ Crunch AHL Semis Gm1 (AHLTV)

DarthEbriate

16 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

They simply weren’t prepared for playoff hockey. No physical game at all. Just a dull, lifeless game. 

They need Kulich to play. I’m sorry, but as long as it’s not something that can be made worse, and it’s just dealing with pain, he needs to play. 

I’m sorry but you have no clue what his injury is so stop acting like he could be playing but is choosing not to.

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

I’m sorry but you have no clue what his injury is so stop acting like he could be playing but is choosing not to.

Sorry, but I’ll choose to have whatever opinion I want. He skated this week, and was labeled probable all week. You want to say the coach was lying about it, maybe, but you play through pain and injuries in the playoffs. I clearly said he should only play if it’s something that can’t be re-injured or made worse. 

Edited by Amerks8796

1 minute ago, Amerks8796 said:

Sorry, but I’ll choose to have whatever opinion I want. He skated this week, and was labeled probable all week. You want to say the coach was lying about it, maybe, but you play through pain and injuries in the playoffs. I clearly said he should only play if it’s something that can’t be re-injured or made worse. 

If he could

play he would play

Just now, Flashsabre said:

If he could

play he would play

Yeah I hope so. But I’m going to take the coach at his word. He said over and over that he expected Kulich to play. What happened? Since they provide so little in terms of injury updates, you’re going to get speculation.

Just now, Amerks8796 said:

Yeah I hope so. But I’m going to take the coach at his word. He said over and over that he expected Kulich to play. What happened? Since they provide so little in terms of injury updates, you’re going to get speculation.

Maybe he tweaked the injury while warming up. I just know the kid is a warrior, he craves the big moments and being the guy. He isn’t missing playoff hockey unless he really can’t go.

5 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Is this accurate and indicative of how they play? I ask because it plays into my fear of how and what Adams is building in Buffalo.

Absolutely. They are a very soft team. No physicality at all. They get by on skill, but there’s far less time and space in the playoffs, and it sure showed tonight. 

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Is this accurate and indicative of how they play? I ask because it plays into my fear of how and what Adams is building in Buffalo.

You and I agree on this point. But we agree on lots of things and the mob doesn't like us so there's that. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Hard to win when you're outshot almost 2-to-1. 

It ended up lopsided but I thought the Amerks scoring chances were at least equal and the quality of those chances had to be better for the Amerks. Having Biro and Kulich in the lineup would have made a difference.  They would have buried those chances. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Amerks8796 said:

They simply weren’t prepared for playoff hockey. No physical game at all. Just a dull, lifeless game. 

They need Kulich to play. I’m sorry, but as long as it’s not something that can be made worse, and it’s just dealing with pain, he needs to play. 

As a fan I agree with you, he has been one of their better players. But without knowing the true extent of the injury, I'm OK with him not playing.  I mean, If he could play and there was no chance of him making the injury worse I'd say let him play, but only him and the staff of the team really know that so...I guess I'm on the side of trusting them.

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

As a fan I agree with you, he has been one of their better players. But without knowing the true extent of the injury, I'm OK with him not playing.  I mean, If he could play and there was no chance of him making the injury worse I'd say let him play, but only him and the staff of the team really know that so...I guess I'm on the side of trusting them.

He was probably all week, and Appert said last night after the game that he was close. I’m sorry, but you gotta play. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.