The Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023: First Round GDT

Eleven

2 minutes ago, French Collection said:

They are burdened with the pressure of losing so many playoff series's

It's 100% mental with them. If they lose in the first round again, they need to move in another direction. What that means exactly, I'm not sure, but I think it means breaking up some of that "core four."

2 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

It's 100% mental with them. If they lose in the first round again, they need to move in another direction. What that means exactly, I'm not sure, but I think it means breaking up some of that "core four."

If they lose first round it’s over. Dubas contract is up he will be gone. Leeds will be gone. Matthews And Nylander will be on the last year of deals before UFA. Marner 2 years til UFA.

3 minutes ago, Ducky said:

It was a legal hit and he shouldn't have even gotten the minor.

Hartman, on the other hand, shouldn't have even been playing to score the OT winner after that BS hit on Ehlers and the BS DoPS only giving him one game. Crock of shite.

I hope the Stars take the next 4 straight.

You can't check people that don't have the puck and Dumba didn't turn into Pavelski until after the puck was well gone. Watch his feet. He doesn't turn his feet or change direction until after Pavelski dumps the puck at which point he both turns and then accelerates to initiate the contact with Pavelski. This wasn't an instance of finishing a check or even staying on one's chosen line. He altered his line to initiate a hit after the puck was gone. Interference at minimum. If this happened to a Sabre you all would be up in arms. That's in the same ballpark as Neil on Drury and I don't remember anybody defending Neil at the time.

1 minute ago, Contempt said:

You can't check people that don't have the puck and Dumba didn't turn into Pavelski until after the puck was well gone. Watch his feet. He doesn't turn his feet or change direction until after Pavelski dumps the puck at which point he both turns and then accelerates to initiate the contact with Pavelski. This wasn't an instance of finishing a check or even staying on one's chosen line. He altered his line to initiate a hit after the puck was gone. Interference at minimum. If this happened to a Sabre you all would be up in arms. That's in the same ballpark as Neil on Drury and I don't remember anybody defending Neil at the time.

You do realize he was skating very fast towards his target, it's not like you can stop on a dime, he was hitting his target regardless. Those types of hits were considered weak back in the 80's 90's. 

7 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

If they lose first round it’s over. Dubas contract is up he will be gone. Leeds will be gone. Matthews And Nylander will be on the last year of deals before UFA. Marner 2 years til UFA.

Oh yeah, they lose, Dubas and Keefe are toast. But it goes deeper than them, the players are F-R-A-G-I-L-E.

They need to break up their core. That's where it starts. Trade Nylander. Nobody wants Pajama Boy's contract, so they're stuck with him. I don't see them doing it,but I'd try to move Matthews, too and get something before he walks in FA. Maybe keep Marner. It doesn't matter who they stack around them, those 4 guys together are playoff flu shits.

Edited by HumanSlinky39
Typos
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

You do realize he was skating very fast towards his target, it's not like you can stop on a dime, he was hitting his target regardless. Those types of hits were considered weak back in the 80's 90's. 

I'd agree with you, except that's not what happened. He changed directions to put himself in that position. My biggest issue with this is that the league won't allow Dallas to return the favor. If they target Dumba or another Minnesota player in a similar manner it will go to a hearing. Stuff like this is the reason the instigator rule sucks and has always sucked. You want to play like that and take guys out? Fine, defend yourself. Instead what happens is this will happen and then Dumba will ride under league protection.

I'm looking forward to seeing Jack play in the playoffs.

I hope we get to a place where we can sit healthy Allstars until the playoffs to circumvent the cap,… of course, I have every confidence that the NHL will change the rules when it is our time.

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

We are in period 2 of game 1 folks

Yes, because if anything, the Leafs have a history of overcoming adversity in the playoffs😂

I live in Toronto. All my Leafs buddies are done already.

This is Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown stuff.

Every season they work themselves back up that it will be different. Every year it is Groundhog Day.

Edited by Flashsabre

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.