Layout Your Offseason Plan

Flashsabre

54 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

That may from the latest Expected Buffalo Podcast released this AM. 
A 6 year 5.6 million dollar extension was part of the deal.

The thought was to use both Power and Bouchard on PP2. 
Bouchard would have had the second best defensive metrics of the Sabres Defenseman behind Dahlin.

It would give the Sabres a dominant Top 4 all under the age of 24 for the next six seasons with approximate cap hits of Dahlin (10 million), Power (7-8 million), Bouchard (5.6 million) and Samuelson (4.2 million) 

Interesting scenario there....plus he is a right-hander....which would be ideal.  I'd still like to see a Graves (lefty) UFA offer as an alternative.

6 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Gee, what a shock, a THN guy thinks that it would be a "great trade for both sides" for the Loafs to dump overpaid and overrated Willie Nylander on the Preds for Saros.  (Oh, and the Loafs would send them Robertson too.)

Anybody taking Nylander is doing the Loafs a favor and they should be getting something else good and not giving up much to take the dink.  Losing Saros for Nylander is anything but a good trade for the Preds.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Gee, what a shock, a THN guy thinks that it would be a "great trade for both sides" for the Loafs to dump overpaid and overrated Willie Nylander on the Preds for Saros.  (Oh, and the Loafs would send them Robertson too.)

Anybody taking Nylander is doing the Loafs a favor and they should be getting something else good and not giving up much to take the dink.  Losing Saros for Nylander is anything but a good trade for the Preds.

The writer also has TML giving up a first and/or a major prospect in addition to Willie.  Which means the Sabres should, in the writer's universe, be able to get Saros for 13OA and a less-impressive prospect.

10 minutes ago, Eleven said:

The writer also has TML giving up a first and/or a major prospect in addition to Willie.  Which means the Sabres should, in the writer's universe, be able to get Saros for 13OA and a less-impressive prospect.

To me Saros is the perfect target for them. Consistently one of the best goalies in hockey, plays a style very similar to Levi so can help mentor him and has 2 years left on his deal. I would give up 13oa, UPL and a lesser prospect for him.

Saros/Levi for 2 years would be fantastic.

• Agree 2

26 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

To me Saros is the perfect target for them. Consistently one of the best goalies in hockey, plays a style very similar to Levi so can help mentor him and has 2 years left on his deal. I would give up 13oa, UPL and a lesser prospect for him.

Saros/Levi for 2 years would be fantastic.

I'd be shocked if that's all it took.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I'd be shocked if that's all it took.

Yep - I agree Saros would be perfect for the Sabres and Levi.  60%/40% game split for the two.  But, I'm thinking the cost would be more like #13, UPL and Krebs or Östlund or maybe even Quinn.  I'd do it if quinn wasn;t part of the deal (nor Kulich or Savoie or Peterka of course)

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, CTJoe said:

Yep - I agree Saros would be perfect for the Sabres and Levi.  60%/40% game split for the two.  But, I'm thinking the cost would be more like #13, UPL and Krebs or Östlund or maybe even Quinn.  I'd do it if quinn wasn;t part of the deal (nor Kulich or Savoie or Peterka of course)

#13, UPL, Östlund/Rosen would be where I would go.

Saros is that good and sets them up for two very good playoff runs.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

I would be excited with the deal that you proposed. From the goalie's contract status it would comfortably dovetail to fit the needs of the team and with Levi's developmental timetable. And with Saros sharing the next with Levi this team should be better than the team that barely missed out on the playoffs this past year. 

26 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Yep - I think this is a fair deal for both teams.  if it happened, I wonder if it would change Adam's plan for Levi?  Maybe let Comrie back up Saros and give Levi 55 games in Rochester??

3 minutes ago, CTJoe said:

Yep - I think this is a fair deal for both teams.  if it happened, I wonder if it would change Adam's plan for Levi?  Maybe let Comrie back up Saros and give Levi 55 games in Rochester??

If Levi is the better goalie than Comrie id much rather him get the secondary starts, if possible. I feel like 30 NHL games would be better for development than 50 in the AHL anyways, he could learn from Saros, learn the NHL environment and his teammates, and it’s not like he’s used to a huge workload right now, anyways, in terms of games played per season. Saros played a whopping 64 and 67 games the last two seasons, but his numbers were just fine when he played 36 and 40 the two seasons before that; in fact his high watermark sv% was the 36 game, .927. Don’t see a problem with cutting it back to 45-50 games from him, personally 

• Agree 4

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

If Levi is the better goalie than Comrie id much rather him get the secondary starts, if possible. I feel like 30 NHL games would be better for development than 50 in the AHL anyways, he could learn from Saros, learn the NHL environment and his teammates, and it’s not like he’s used to a huge workload right now, anyways, in terms of games played per season. Saros played a whopping 64 and 67 games the last two seasons, but his numbers were just fine when he played 36 and 40 the two seasons before that; in fact his high watermark sv% was the 36 game, .927. Don’t see a problem with cutting it back to 45-50 games from him, personally 

Yep - it would be a good problem to have to figure out.

7 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I would easy trade 13, UPL and Östlund/Rosen for Saros

Agreed and I don't think we'd be shortchanging Nashville.  If Adams is series about making the playoffs, he needs to make a move like this; or one for Hellebuyck

6 minutes ago, CTJoe said:

Agreed and I don't think we'd be shortchanging Nashville.  If Adams is series about making the playoffs, he needs to make a move like this; or one for Hellebuyck

Seems like we're all agreed. Whose going to call KA and Terry and tell them what we decided?

10 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/4269788

here’s a scenario I concocted 

Well thought out.  My comments

1. I honestly think I know the league well, but had no clue who Noel Acciari is??  I looked him up and don't know what he would add?

2. I think Victor goes for more than a conditional 2nd - can we flip him for a RHD?

3. I don't think Joker gets a 2nd and a 4th - I would think only a 3rd

4.  Martinez - we can do better at D, and he's a LHD anyway

5. DeMelo is interesting.  Is he a 3/4 or a 5/6 though?

18 minutes ago, CTJoe said:

Well thought out.  My comments

1. I honestly think I know the league well, but had no clue who Noel Acciari is??  I looked him up and don't know what he would add?

2. I think Victor goes for more than a conditional 2nd - can we flip him for a RHD?

3. I don't think Joker gets a 2nd and a 4th - I would think only a 3rd

4.  Martinez - we can do better at D, and he's a LHD anyway

5. DeMelo is interesting.  Is he a 3/4 or a 5/6 though?

1. Depth faceoff guy

2. Based on the market, unlikely

3. If DeMelo gets a 2nd from 2023, Jokiharju can get a 2024 2nd and a 2023 4th

4. He'd be a great bot pair player with the ability to sub in as needed on high pairs as well as bringing oodles of playoff experience

5. Probably a 4/5 but his purpose is to purely be Power's partner

25 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

1. Depth faceoff guy

2. Based on the market, unlikely

3. If DeMelo gets a 2nd from 2023, Jokiharju can get a 2024 2nd and a 2023 4th

4. He'd be a great bot pair player with the ability to sub in as needed on high pairs as well as bringing oodles of playoff experience

5. Probably a 4/5 but his purpose is to purely be Power's partner

Valid points

So barring an unexpected trade, the majority of the 23-man roster is already set:

• 10 forwards: Tage, Skinner, Tuch, Cozens, Mitts, Okposo, Greenway, Krebs, Quinn, Peterka
  • 5 defencemen: Dahlin, Power, Mule, Jokiharju, Boosh

I think it's pretty likely Levi is one of the goalies and Stillman is pencilled in as a 6/7 defenceman, although that could change depending on who gets moved or brought in.

To me, there are 6 players in limbo: Olofsson, Girgensons, Jost, Bryson, Comrie, UPL.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, dudacek said:

So barring an unexpected trade, the majority of the 23-man roster is already set:

• 10 forwards: Tage, Skinner, Tuch, Cozens, Mitts, Okposo, Greenway, Krebs, Quinn, Peterka
  • 5 defencemen: Dahlin, Power, Mule, Jokiharju, Boosh

I think it's pretty likely Levi is one of the goalies and Stillman is pencilled in as a 6/7 defenceman, although that could change depending on who gets moved or brought in.

To me, there are 6 players in limbo: Olofsson, Girgensons, Jost, Bryson, Comrie, UPL.

Pretty accurate take.

Would put Clague into Bryson's boat as well.  Expecting they'll keep him in the system too.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Pretty accurate take.

Would put Clague into Bryson's boat as well.  Expecting they'll keep him in the system too.

I didn’t see a scenario with Clague (or Hinostroza) being part of a healthy 23-man starting roster. That doesn’t preclude re-signing him as a depth guy though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.