GDT : Sabres at Islanders 3-25-2023 5 PM - ESPN+/Hulu, WGR

PromoTheRobot

10 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Is it just me, or are there a couple posters who only show up in the GDT post game when the Sabres lose? 😂

They played a nice solid road game. Props to Comrie 👍🏼
I liked Cozens and Booosh tonight

Seems to be more piling on after a loss than rehashing a nice win.

If Comrie could have done this more often we wouldn’t worry as much about next year’s GT, or pin all future goalie success on Levi.

Maybe his confidence is coming back and he can show us why he was signed. He is under contract next year so hopefully he has some value.

• Like (+1) 3

They played a very solid road game. Defensively they gave up not a lot and Comrie was good when he needed to be. Easily could have won 3 or 4-0 today.

I was waiting on the normal unmarked guy in front of the net or the typical odd man rushes but it never materialized.

Now they need to work on playing that way consistently night in and night out not just once in a while.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

They played a very solid road game. Defensively they gave up not a lot and Comrie was good when he needed to be. Easily could have won 3 or 4-0 today.

I was waiting on the normal unmarked guy in front of the net or the typical odd man rushes but it never materialized.

Now they need to work on playing that way consistently night in and night out not just once in a while.

I can only recall one instance of a guy wide open in the slot. Not many of Comrie’s saves were high danger chances. That’s a sign they can play defense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Seems to be more piling on after a loss than rehashing a nice win.

If Comrie could have done this more often we wouldn’t worry as much about next year’s GT, or pin all future goalie success on Levi.

Maybe his confidence is coming back and he can show us why he was signed. He is under contract next year so hopefully he has some value.

Same reason people are 10x more likely to leave a negative review on a business than a positive one...humans, by nature, love to bitch.

Edited by HumanSlinky39
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Is it just me, or are there a couple posters who only show up in the GDT post game when the Sabres lose? 😂

I wonder about that too.   They must be upset when they win cause they can’t post their endless drivel 

2 hours ago, Kristian said:

In all fairness, I thought the Isles were overmatched defensively? Routinely got beat on the rush, caught chasing us in their zone, and generally were a step behind, all night.

If not for Varlamov, this could easily have been 6-0, and noone would bat an eyebrow. Outstanding game.

I think they are tired too. Veteran team, not the fastest even when rested, they are wearing down in this playoff push. Young legs on the Sabres had the edge. 

32 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I can only recall one instance of a guy wide open in the slot. Not many of Comrie’s saves were high danger chances. That’s a sign they can play defense.

This was a ten times better defensive game by the Sabres. Maybe it's the opponent. The Isles are not an attacking style of team.

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

This was a ten times better defensive game by the Sabres. Maybe it's the opponent. The Isles are not an attacking style of team.

You would think they would have watched some video of how poor the Sabres D zone coverage was and tried to exploit that.

The Sabres coverage was 10 times better though.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, French Collection said:

That's what is so frustrating. They can...just like they did in the game against Winnipeg when they made them look like a high school team that couldn't even get in over our blue line for 55 minutes and had like 14 shots on goal, but too often they simply don't.

6 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

That's what is so frustrating. They can...just like they did in the game against Winnipeg when they made them look like a high school team that couldn't even get in over our blue line for 55 minutes and had like 14 shots on goal, but too often they simply don't.

Youth, I guess. It’s more fun to score than prevent scoring.

Maybe their parents still give them cash for goals.

Was that the first game they were able to fight through a close checking team?  It seems like it.

Not many games going late into the 3rd period 0-0 can be called entertaining, but this one was.

Glad Okie got the winner.  He deserves it.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

I wonder about that too.   They must be upset when they win cause they can’t post their endless drivel 

Lol why don’t you call them out by name so they can defend themselves already.  

30 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

That was such a great game 

Also w / Comrie in net 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Weave said:

Was that the first game they were able to fight through a close checking team?  It seems like it.

Not many games going late into the 3rd period 0-0 can be called entertaining, but this one was.

I can’t remember the last time this season they won when scoring 2 or less, if ever this season at all 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Weave said:

Karmic payback for the Hudson Fasching goal in the last Islander game. And, yes, he does deserve it.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Weave said:

KO hasn’t exactly torched his old team, 10 points in 22 games.

Seems like former Sabres score more vs them, maybe we just focus on them more.

14 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Lol why don’t you call them out by name so they can defend themselves already.  

That was such a great game 

Also w / Comrie in net 

Yup and he almost blew it in the last 5 minutes turning a 3-0 lead into a 3-2 lead they had to hold on to finish...

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

It's easier for some crackpot theory (or "drivel", if you will) to gain traction/sympathy when the fan base is fragile and looking for answers. So nice to get some relief from that (which I find more insufferable than the losses themselves) 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

59 minutes ago, French Collection said:

You would think they would have watched some video of how poor the Sabres D zone coverage was and tried to exploit that.

The Sabres coverage was 10 times better though.

Perhaps Donny finally started talking about defense? This was a great opponent to get some confidence against, in that regard, as the Isles are not an attacking-style team, as others have pointed out...

Also, they did it without sacrificing their owning offensive style. As many pointed out, without a stellar Varlamov performance, this easily could have been a blowout 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.