GDT: Big Bad Bruins at Sabres, 3-19-2023 1pm ESPN+, MSG

matter2003

I dont care how skilled they are if they play this soft year after year they will never get to the playoffs. If by chance they sneak into the playoffs they would get destroyed in the first round. Dont need knuckle dragging fighters just some guys who will throw a check, take the body sometimes, not peel off an opponent on the boards, and stand their ground and push back when someone tries to bully them. Until they do that they arent going anywhere.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Natural Stat Trick had the Sabres at 1.61 Expected Goals against and UPL gives up 7.

That ain’t it 

We have a big advanced stats team now, right? Explains why Granato refuses to pull him, he’s expecting the numbers to improve 

10 games ago, the Sabres were well within the wildcard race, with some fans feeling confident they would make it in.

10 games later, the Sabres have 6 points in their last 10 games.  Only 3 other teams in the league have less points over their last 10 than the Sabres. 

Its been a tough schedule, but this is the opposite of 'stepping up' when under pressure to make the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

P1ss-poor showing today, albeit against a very, very good team. Gonna need some real leadership to keep this season from circling the f@&$/$ drain.

This. Rebound, show some fight and grit, win a few games. Don’t give up, have some dignity. If we win half of these last games I think it will carry over to next year. Mail it in and man, I don’t even want to think about it. The Bruins this year, imho, are possibly a generational team.

Edited by BUFtoNCfan

9 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Right, they’re overrated. Second best record in the league the last three years at 37-6 behind the the Chiefs at 40-10 while averaging the same PPG. 

If you see his other quotes, I think he was either joking or referencing this year?

4 minutes ago, Darryl Shannon's +/- said:

Perfect ending. Official saw enough and ran the clock like it was beer league.

Wasn't Greenway acquired to be noticeable in games like this?  Hell,  Casey tried to be more physical.

I don't think this season is a disappointment.   But play soft like this the rest of the way and that's an issue.

Greendog is about as physical as my dead grandmother.  He adds nothing.  I like Stillman much more. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, BUFtoNCfan said:

This. Rebound, show some fight and grit, win a few games. Don’t give up, have some dignity. If we win half of these last games I think it will carry over to next year. Mail it in and man, I don’t even want to think about it.

Okie said it best last season, what you do this season doesn’t carry over to next season

2 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

10 games ago, the Sabres were well within the wildcard race, with some fans feeling confident they would make it in.

10 games later, the Sabres have 6 points in their last 10 games.  Only 3 other teams in the league have less points over their last 10 than the Sabres. 

Its been a tough schedule, but this is the opposite of 'stepping up' when under pressure to make the playoffs.

Yep 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.