GDT: Rangers at Sabres, Saturday, March 11, 2023, 5:07 p.m., MSG

PASabreFan

20 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well you do realize you took a trip WAY back in the time machine right? Also, I said soft for their era. The French Connection were superior talents and a great line, but in that era, they ultimately got bullied by Broad Street. 

Turgeon and Housley were soft. Everything's relative. 

6 minutes ago, TRIP65 said:

YES, Granto has to show them multi ways to win. He labels them Young and Learning. They get BEAT at home at a high rate. GM loves his Prospects he crys at Press Conferences. Giving awards for being a SABRE, MY GUY! We are heading in the WRONG direction again, just the other side of it where it is our guys drafted or NONE.

Hull knocked around GOATS and scored winning GOAL in Crease. Then NHL said they sent a MEMO. NO ONE GOT BULLIED MORE than 1999 Sabres. Following year Hasek lets in easy Goal against Pittsburg.

Love my Sabres but when haven't a Buffalo Team got bullied out of Championships.

Also, I could add Eichel, Reinhart, Tage, TUCH, Cozens, Dahlin, Power as Blue and Gold Sabres to my list. Haven't cause they have NOT been to the Playoffs in the Jersey.

YOUR THE ONE WHO LABELED SABRES SOFT

SHAME SHAME SHAME

Just to PRETTY to win!

Edited by TRIP65

20 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Every era has to be looked at in relation to it's own era. The argument that some guys wore both uniforms isn't really relevant either. You're attached to the blue and gold and that's okay. I'm probably in a small minority who wish we'd switch back to red black and white forever. Pegula likes the blue and gold so I think you are safe. 

The time of the OLD BLUE and GOLD was a Time of hitting and FIGHTING. Players now could NOT handle the OLD GAME. The old Players would do better not getting pummeled. Imagine the French Connection FLYING FREE! Turgeon would be TOUGH now! Housley would be Dahlin with 100 pts PLUS

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

52 minutes ago, TRIP65 said:

The time of the OLD BLUE and GOLD was a Time of hitting and FIGHTING. Players now could NOT handle the OLD GAME. The old Players would do better not getting pummeled. Imagine the French Connection FLYING FREE! Turgeon would be TOUGH now! Housley would be Dahlin with 100 pts PLUS

I need some of whatever you’ve been partaking in. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mango said:

This went down a rabbit whole I don’t want to go anywhere near at the moment. 

Being afraid that Granato might max himself out with this roster is wildly different than saying the org is effed and moving in the wrong direction.

You might be right. But it’s waaay too early for that.

Mango, not saying we are effed. The Players make that choice game in game out. They could win 14 of 17. Also could lose 14 of 17. Not lack of Talent. Sabres are Streaky.

But tell me you see the Sabres growth as is, a perennial Playoff leader for 10 years? NOT THERE. So is Adams going to add a few Stars and trade a guy like "Peterka" who obviously has talent but NOT there. Is Adams willing to trade HIS Prospects?

If Sabres don't make the Playoffs this year, isn't it a MUST they do NEXT year. Isn't that even more PRESSURE.

Not seeing a TEAM led by Granto that grinds games out. They are NOT often on for 60 minutes. Best 45 mins some days. When off it usually is MOST of a game.

Watched this team since late 70's. Gotten good at knowing when we have the character of the TEAM, a winner. Not there, NOT sure they even have named the right CAPTAIN'

12 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Born then? AA was selling umbrellas on Dealey Plaza.

Too old to remem🙃ber?

4 hours ago, Mango said:

This went down a rabbit whole I don’t want to go anywhere near at the moment. 

Being afraid that Granato might max himself out with this roster is wildly different than saying the org is effed and moving in the wrong direction.

You might be right. But it’s waaay too early for that.

Also, drive into the HOLE. Just don't get STUCK.

3 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I need some of whatever you’ve been partaking in. 

Started with Labatts. Got FAT, Labatts Light, Wasn't strong enough so went to Labatts ICE. That worked till I did shots of Whiskey. Turned into Labatts MAX Ice.

Now I am in trouble cause I am doing shots of Whiskey again too

You think they will go to Labatts MAX ICE Ultra?

12 hours ago, dudacek said:

I assume this in reference to the stick he put on Zibanejad's hip that didn't impede Zibanejad in the slightest, but he clamped down on in order to draw attention to in the hope of creating a penalty?

That sort of "stick foul"that happened 27 other times in the 3rd period but was ignored but was called this time because it's the NHL?

You're going to blame the loss on Dahlin because of that?

Terrible take.

Your right but EVERY foul happens during the game and doesn’t get called. If Dahlin didn’t attempt to hook (because there is no other reason to have your stick there) because he was exhausted, the NYR player couldn’t have drawn the penalty.

As i said in a later post, it was a ***** penalty that should not have been called in OT. Only those that are egregious should be called. With such a horrendous defense/PK the officials were handing the Rangers a win. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, TRIP65 said:

Started with Labatts. Got FAT, Labatts Light, Wasn't strong enough so went to Labatts ICE. That worked till I did shots of Whiskey. Turned into Labatts MAX Ice.

Now I am in trouble cause I am doing shots of Whiskey again too

You think they will go to Labatts MAX ICE Ultra?

GIF by Tomi Ferraro, Sportz

• Haha (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Eleven said:

Right?  Holding the stick is still a thing.

13 hours ago, Sidc3000 said:

Easy, just stating the obvious 

Sorry, after I said the refs won the game my friend took my phone to read the gdt. I didn't realize he posted until this morning. I apologize. 

13 hours ago, klos1963 said:

Sorry, took me a bit to figure out what 'enroll you' meant. 

I thought you called me a hater and made some negative comment about my Fandom. 

If I was wrong, I'll rescind my 'enroll '.

CONFEFE

Social Media Twitter GIF

12 hours ago, KC Scouts said:

Many of us have been using our eyes this year and have seen the improvement.......encouraging for sure.

Now the difficult question, and I'm not trying to be argumentative but when do you start judging the team by wins, points and playoffs? What season?

My expectation is next season. If that doesn't materialize I will be very disappointed. 

The GM has this year, without much attention, bulked up the lower half of the roster. He added Jost, Lyubushkin, Stillman and Greenway. (I'm aware that he is now playing on the top line but when Tuch returns there will be more line depth.) He still needs to add a few more players. But over a short period of time the young roster has internally improved and the roster thickened with pickups. I honestly don't believe that this team is far away from being a relevant team in this league. I'm counting on next year to be the pivotal year. 

27 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Through the first... When does this get highly entertaining?

It’s all of a 15 page GDT against the rangers on a Saturday during a “playoff chase”.  Keep your expectations low 

True fan / team synergy 

28 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It’s all of a 15 page GDT against the rangers on a Saturday during a “playoff chase”.  Keep your expectations low 

True fan / team synergy 

I also keep waiting to see the Sabres buckling down in the d zone. Lots of breakdowns without the grade A chances. Hockey is truly a funny sport.

11 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Savoie has chance, and probably before these two.  He cannot play in the AHL, so if the Sabres feel his development in the WHL is maxed out they could carry him, providing he us at least as good as Kulich at camp and in preseason.  

Right. Just a reminder that the 23/24 Sabres could be another rookie-heavy roster.

22 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

What a murderers row behind the Sabres bench. Laughable really. Not a lick of success coaching at any level in the NHL. Ya get what ya pay for.

But Matty Ellis will talk to Rob Ray and provide critical insights.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.