GDT: The Buffalo Sabres Host Atlantic Rival Tampa Bay Lightning 3/4/2023 at 12:30pm EST on MSG & ESPN+

GASabresIUFAN

18 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Not sure if Dahlin will play Monday.  Looked like he was labouring today 

Dahlin only played 15:43 and I hardly saw him in the 3rd period now that you mention it. 

Power played 24:54

Samuelsson 24:22

Looby 23:17

Joker 20:26

Stillman 7:57

Just when we had a Bryson/Clague free game.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

KA has added Comrie, Lyubushkin, Yost, Stillman and recently Greenway. In a short period of time the lower half of the roster is being bulked and toughened up. None of the deals could be categorized as major deals, but collectively they were purposeful and solid deals that make this a more balanced roster. 

Absolutely, great post!

8 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Dahlin only played 15:43 and I hardly saw him in the 3rd period now that you mention it. 

Power played 24:54

Looby 23:17

Joker 20:26

Stillman 7:57

Just when we had a Bryson/Clague free game.  

Hopefully just easing him back in? Would be balls if we lost him immediately again 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Just finished watching the game.  

That's the best our forwards have played in a while.  The Cozens line and Jost really played well.

To his credit, I thought Stillman played simply and well.  Loved the big hip check, but not really the best time for a fight.  Tanner just laid him out and who knows how long Stillman will now be out for.  

I thought Comrie played his best in a while.  Not sure he was at fault for any of the goals.  

Goat Heads mean victory for the Sabres.

Weird stat.  The Sabres and Lightning finished their series 2-1-1 each.  TB won the first two and the Sabres the next two.  Each team won once in regulation 5-3 and each team won once in OT 6-5.  I guess the teams are pretty evenly matched.

Yup. 

Great team effort and Comrie played very well.   

Stillman did not have to fight that guy.  I am sure Jeannot asked him and he felt he had to go.   There were so many other Tampa players that needed to be pounded.  Nick Paul is at the top of the list.   Cernak didn't play. 

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Stillman used his head in this game. 🤡

Expected more from you John.  

4 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Per Granato it was by design. Don't want him getting fatigued which could lead to reaggravation.

oh good

this was the game he "wasn't likely" to play so, guess he was a bit ahead of schedule, probably healed even more by Monday 

edit - led the D in PP time. Looked like while easing him in they still looked to capitalize on the raw skill. did pay off with the assist 

Edited by Thorny

19 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Just finished watching the game.  

That's the best our forwards have played in a while.  The Cozens line and Jost really played well.

To his credit, I thought Stillman played simply and well.  Loved the big hip check, but not really the best time for a fight.  Tanner just laid him out and who knows how long Stillman will now be out for.  

I thought Comrie played his best in a while.  Not sure he was at fault for any of the goals.  

Goat Heads mean victory for the Sabres.

Weird stat.  The Sabres and Lightning finished their series 2-1-1 each.  TB won the first two and the Sabres the next two.  Each team won once in regulation 5-3 and each team won once in OT 6-5.  I guess the teams are pretty evenly matched.

I believe both sides also went 0-2 when scoring 1st

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.