GDT: Sabres @ Lightning, Feb 23, 2023, 7:00 pm; MSG WGR

Captain Caveman

Great period.  All you can say.  

They need to do that again but more emphasis on defensive zone and clean breakouts.  No Alamo.  

Sometimes they need to simplify things and make an honest effort to get the puck over that defensive zone blue line first.  Sacrifice to do it.  Make the two goal lead 3 by catching Tampa getting anxious and pressing, then get behind them for odd man breaks. 

That is the next step for this team.  

1 minute ago, Stads said:

It pisses me of that Karlsson is going to run away with the Norris just because of point total. His team sucks. The play Dahlin made on the first Tage goal is incredible

For whatever it is worth, NHL Network was giving Dahlin a realistic shot of winning it.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Stads said:

It pisses me of that Karlsson is going to run away with the Norris just because of point total. His team sucks. The play Dahlin made on the first Tage goal is incredible

I watch a lot of hockey. Setting my bias aside, Dahlin along with Morrissey up in WPG are the best defensemen I've seen play this year. Both are solid both ways and have elevated their team's play. Karlsson is wicked with the puck, but he isn't even noticeable defensively and doesn't elevate the team. 

Karlsson is a -1 for the year even with all those points, Morrissey +8, Dahlin currently sits at +22. It should be his to lose. But...points...Karlsson.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.