Between 2 Stalls hosted by Jeff Skinner - LMAO!!

matter2003

1 hour ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Maybe I’ll watch it in the off-season.  I dislike this team so much, there could be naked supermodels performing my wildest fantasies with my favorite comedian telling the funniest jokes I’ve ever heard and I’m still not going to like it. They haven’t earned my attention. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, inkman said:

Maybe I’ll watch it in the off-season.  I dislike this team so much, there could be naked supermodels performing my wildest fantasies with my favorite comedian telling the funniest jokes I’ve ever heard and I’m still not going to like it. They haven’t earned my attention. 

I immediately have flashbacks to the jokes you see at the urinal where it says "What are you laughing at, the joke's in your hand".

35 minutes ago, inkman said:

That’s reasonable.  You seem witty and well-liked around these parts. I appreciate your willingness to take part in the community even though the Sabres part of this Space has let us all down. 
My engagement here is less than I would prefer. It is because I also feel dejected in the state of the team. It makes good hockey talk harder and less fun. I lurk more than participate.  So I get it. 

While I am disappointed in the results, the players are people too.  And off the ice, many of these guys are quite likable (from what I’ve read and seen…and from stuff like this).  It’s why I don’t mind engaging in it. But I absolutely understand people abstaining. 

4 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

That’s reasonable.  You seem witty and well-liked around these parts. I appreciate your willingness to take part in the community even though the Sabres part of this Space has let us all down. 
My engagement here is less than I would prefer. It is because I also feel dejected in the state of the team. It makes good hockey talk harder and less fun. I lurk more than participate.  So I get it. 

While I am disappointed in the results, the players are people too.  And off the ice, many of these guys are quite likable (from what I’ve read and seen…and from stuff like this).  It’s why I don’t mind engaging in it. But I absolutely understand people abstaining. 

I’m just be a crabby bitch.  Lots of reasons.  Most personal.  Hopefully there will be a light at the end of this forgettable season. 

I have absolutely nothing against the players.   This season is mostly on DG and KA - the 3 goalie tryout told us we weren’t really serious about playoffs or we just overestimated how ready Levi was.  

Skinner can’t be a top 6 forward on this team bc he brings nothing defensively and he’s going to see top 6 forwards across from him. 

His soft style and lack of defense are an overall net negative. 

He needs to be on a physical team that needs some offense and can surround him with guys harder on the puck.  That or on a line with like McDavid.  Which will never happen.  But if it did he’d score 50.  Tags isn’t a facilitator and that’s why that line (which isn’t good on faceoffs) was figured out quickly by the league.  

And when we’ve moved him to a 3rd line role he’s made no one better around him.  

His game is what this team needs less of.  

Edited by Second Line Center
  • Like (+1) 1

I wanted to hate it because of how everything has gone but it was really good, the Dylan Cozens bit and Benson at the end had me almost spitting my water out.
I think it’s exactly what I needed because of how I currently feel about this team, gives me more likability towards them until they play the Capitals tonight lol.

Edited by GoPuckYourself

Unlike most on here I like Skinner and he is clearly a likable guy that also scores 30 goals which is something this team needs badly. The contract is what it is...overpaid but then there are lots in the NHL (and al other pro sports) who are overpaid. And last year Skinner looked so muc better as the team around him looked so much better. We as Sabre fans are obviously uptight and tired and pis*ed but thsi was very funny and classic Skinner! 

• Agree 1

Agree with the above - I mentioned in a previous post that Skinner goes as his center goes.  In the list of issues this year I find Skinner no where near the top.   Our main YOY downfall this year was scoring from our center spine,  Closely followed by the predictable (and stagnant) pp. 

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'm not gonna lie... It was the least funny one yet. A couple of OK moments, but not as good as last season's 

I'm guessing that I would have found it funnier if they were currently in the playoffs.

46 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I'm guessing that I would have found it funnier if they were currently in the playoffs.

That's what's wrong with this organization lets send out a "funny video " for the fans instead of taking the last games seriously. 

2 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Good effort. Dug deep but fell flat. Whatever it takes to stay sane I suppose. Coach should bag skate them😉

He's going to have a pizza party for the players after a fantastic year 

Skinner is certainly the reason for its success last year since he does the emotionless speech the best.

The rest of them aren't anywhere near as skilled in that regard. 

Muel's mispronouncing of the sponsor was actually rather funny since his 2nd sounded like he was talking about a poison

Benson's was the best part akin to Bush's random cameo last season.

Cozens just assaulting Skinner with feathers was also pretty good.

18 hours ago, Second Line Center said:

I have absolutely nothing against the players.   This season is mostly on DG and KA - the 3 goalie tryout told us we weren’t really serious about playoffs or we just overestimated how ready Levi was.  

Skinner can’t be a top 6 forward on this team bc he brings nothing defensively and he’s going to see top 6 forwards across from him. 

His soft style and lack of defense are an overall net negative. 

He needs to be on a physical team that needs some offense and can surround him with guys harder on the puck.  That or on a line with like McDavid.  Which will never happen.  But if it did he’d score 50.  Tags isn’t a facilitator and that’s why that line (which isn’t good on faceoffs) was figured out quickly by the league.  

And when we’ve moved him to a 3rd line role he’s made no one better around him.  

His game is what this team needs less of.  

Yep 1000% right  He isn't a bottom 6 players either.   Skinner the player isn't really the issue - a lot of teams have a player that only cares about offence.  the Skinner persona is really the issue The 1000 games without making the playoffs, the happy go lucky attitude, doesn't seem like a guy that really cares if they win or lose. You can not have one of the 2 players on your team over 30 be a guy that doesn't bring it every shift at both ends of the ice.   He is supposed to be a role model for the youngest team in the league 

relegate him to 13 forward or buy him out 

• Like (+1) 1