Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

11 hours ago, nfreeman said:

We get the ball first in the 2nd half, right?

JA will find the way.  

The first pages in here after game start were just brutal.  

Granted the Bills and especially Josh were brutal.

I was not worried so early in the game, as were you.

Moral of the story ... it's not how you start, but how you finish the game.

Huge win.

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I can't agree until he wins it all.

Lesser coaches have won Super Bowls. Luck plays a role. But how often have the Bills literally climb out of a grave to win? Many times under McDermott. He's a good coach and he's still evolving.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 4

26 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Huge win.

How many times did Tom Brady pull games out with the Patriots? A lot. Great teams aren't perfect, but they overcome when they aren't good.

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, steveoat87 said:

Keep Gabe Davis off the field.  Draft a wide receiver in the early rounds next year, as well as a developmental quarterback.

Expecting you'll get your wish this week on that.  He was in street clothes the 2nd 1/2 of yesterday's game.  Messed up his knee.

They'll miss his blocking, but not his not being able to get onto the same page with Allen on which way to break a route.  He and Josh not seeing eye to eye on 3rd down on that 1st drive kept the game much closer than it should've been.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Again:  McD is a great coach.  

He deserves the flowers today and for the last run of games. He truly does. Given a patchwork crew, saddled with a bajillion dollar edge guy who can't do sh1t, having lost key players, he managed to flummox and stifle each of Dallas, KC, and Miami. There's no qualifying it: Effing impressive.

Edited by That Aud Smell
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Huge win.

There are a bunch of people who are here solely to complain. I’d swear that they’re bots. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Bills finished the season 6th in the league in points for, 4th in points allowed, fourth in point differential, won another division title, are the two seed and on a five game win streak heading into the playoffs. Overall, a very good regular season. 

• Like (+1) 5

30 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Dolphins getting paid back for last season's Heat Stroke Bowl.  Karma's a bitch.

Hoping their idiot leader kept his "I wish it was colder" T-shirt.  'Cause, he's going to get his wish.

• Haha (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Hoping their idiot leader kept his "I wish it was colder" T-shirt.  'Cause, he's going to get his wish.

Haha - quite so.

In fairness, those conditions aren't good for anyone. But the home team should have at least some tolerance built up in their bones.

Also, as for that piece, I will confess: I like McDaniel. I've taken in a lot of Dolphins content on the tikky tokky. He's a nerd, a weirdo, and a goofball. But, from what I can tell, what you see is what you get. I also admire his story of recovery from alcoholism.

Edited by That Aud Smell

2 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Haha - quite so.

In fairness, those conditions aren't good for anyone. But the home team should have at least some tolerance built up in their bones.

Also, as for that piece, I will confess: I like McDaniel. I've taken in a lot of Dolphins content on the tikky tokky. He's a nerd, a weirdo, and a goofball. But, from what I can tell, what you see is what you get. I also admire his story of recovery from alcoholism.

Compared to him I tend to agree with @nfreeman about McDermott as a coach.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:
39 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Compared to him I tend to agree with @nfreeman about McDermott as a coach.

(I don't follow.)

It was a reference to this exchange on the last page:

11 hours ago, Doohickie said:
12 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Again:  McD is a great coach.  

I can't agree until he wins it all.

I'm not ready to call McDermott great, but to my eyes he's clearly better than McDaniel.

Edited by Doohickie

I do like McDaniel's imagination and challenging of some of the assumptions of Basic Football, but I don't think he understands Basic Football as well as other coaches so when an opposing coach figures out how to counter his gimmicks, he's got nothing.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

Expecting you'll get your wish this week on that.  He was in street clothes the 2nd 1/2 of yesterday's game.  Messed up his knee.

They'll miss his blocking, but not his not being able to get onto the same page with Allen on which way to break a route.  He and Josh not seeing eye to eye on 3rd down on that 1st drive kept the game much closer than it should've been.

The obvious PI on Dawson Knox that wasn’t called on the play immediately before that, with the ref looking right at it, made that interception possible in the first place. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Hank said:

Is anyone more miserable this morning than Tyler Dunne?

That guy woke up your whole team .

If anything all of buffalo should buy him beer

18 hours ago, Taro T said:

Congrats to your boys as well.  Hopefully they kick the Pokes in the arse next week.

Man ... I just hope love Isn't a one year wonder..

But I'm Happy with the year Can't wait to kill those cowgirls

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The obvious PI on Dawson Knox that wasn’t called on the play immediately before that, with the ref looking right at it, made that interception possible in the first place. 

That was one of two calls there were real head-scratchers.  Thee other was the helmet-to-helmet hit right before the half.   How was that not a penalty?  All it did was knock out our player for the game and maybe the season.