Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

4 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

He probably Doesn't wanna be part of a Tire fire Organization.

He's worth a lot more now 

Yeah, that’s why he might wanna leave, but it’s simply not up to him. Denver would be crazy to even consider it, unless a team offered a king’s ransom in a trade. I’m talking a combination of multiple first round picks and current starting players. He’s a 1st team All Pro at a premium position on his rookie deal and I don’t see any team paying the price to get him in a trade. 

23 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

It's fake  ....

Yep.

No Bills trades yet.  Though they are still rumored to be one of up to 4 teams still kicking the tires on Jackson from Chicago.  The Levi Wallace rumors haven't subsided yet either.

Would guess it's about a 25% chance the Bills make a move and 1 of those 2 would be the guy they bring in.

Surtain would be EX-PEN-SIVE in draft capital and can't see Beane being willing to part with as much as it would take.

EDIT: or it's a 100% chance the Bills make a move and it's Douglas from GB.  (That post didn't age well.)

Edited by Taro T

1 hour ago, JustOneParade said:

I thought it was the Pack's other corner that was yapping all the time. No?

No he's a loud mouth but he does it to get in the QBS head  He gets his interceptions .. he's a great  leader i would say hes diggs on defense " Personality"..

Edited by Buffalonill

Solid pickup in Douglas. In a room full of Dawgs, that dude will fit right in.

Immediately becomes CB1.

14 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

It will also be interesting how allen  Welcomes douglas that was a funny match up both talked alot of trash talk the last meeting 

With open arms. All that talk is gamesmanship, once the game is over it's over. No hard feelings. I've been involved in tons of trash talk while playing sports, none of it ever spilled over, it's just part of the game.

1 hour ago, JustOneParade said:

I thought it was the Pack's other corner that was yapping all the time. No?

Jaire Alexander...that dude is a loud mouthed punk who gets smoked way too much but keeps talking trash and acts like he can do no wrong and then downplays the fact he got smoked that day with the media and keeps talking bad about the other player.

Definition of a punk.

Edited by Big Guava

Not an "all in" pick up. A band aid for a bleeder.

If the Bills are going to do anything this season, they are going to have to get their heads right starting immediately. From the coaching staff to the players, they've had plenty of time as a group to get their ***** together and on the same page. P u s s y footing around is over. They either are, or aren't a contender.

37 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

If the Bills are going to do anything this season, they are going to have to get their heads right starting immediately. From the coaching staff to the players, they've had plenty of time as a group to get their ***** together and on the same page. P u s s y footing around is over. They either are, or aren't a contender.

I look for them to turn it up on offense. But the D is missing its best 1T DT, it’s best LB, and its best CB. That is three best players at each level of the defense. Not making any excuses, but …

We need to be up at least two possessions in the 4th qtrs of games, forcing opposing offenses to be one dimensional, and letting our pass rush do its thing, which is the one thing our defense does best. Dorsey needs to go balls to the wall early and often.

As for the Douglas acquisition, it’s a good hedge against Tre White’s questionable availability next season as well as a move to help this season. I think we will be glad to have him. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Guava said:

Solid pickup in Douglas. In a room full of Dawgs, that dude will fit right in.

Immediately becomes CB1.

With open arms. All that talk is gamesmanship, once the game is over it's over. No hard feelings. I've been involved in tons of trash talk while playing sports, none of it ever spilled over, it's just part of the game.

Douglas is a very solid corner and willing tackler who immediately makes the Bills a better team. (He will occasionally get burned going after an INT, but he's instinctual in the best way. With veteran safeties and not the detritus the Packers are rolling at safety, he will be able to nab some timely interceptions.) You will like him. You will like him even more because he's also under contract for next season.

2 hours ago, Big Guava said:

Jaire Alexander...that dude is a loud mouthed punk who gets smoked way too much but keeps talking trash and acts like he can do no wrong and then downplays the fact he got smoked that day with the media and keeps talking bad about the other player.

Definition of a punk.

Alexander is an even better corner than Douglas, but is no longer as willing a tackler because of extended shoulder and now back injuries (watching him this season is especially bad because a little guy with a back injury is not going to be able to tackle anyone - particularly when the DC has only 2 DL on the field on 2nd and 3...inviting the run... again). Punk or no, he is very good, and when healthy backs it up quite well.

The Packers current DC love-love-loves to play shells and corners well off the line, match that with the injuries, and you don't get to see Alexander making consistent plays like this anymore:

• Thanks (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

I sure hope they read this 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Wasn’t competing with all the injuries anyway. At least a better CB will make games more watchable. Defending 3rd and long is miserable on this team. 

Considering that almost every 3rd and long going back to forever McNugget and company drop into a deep zone, it isn't much of a surprise that things open up underneath. They are absolutely TERRIFIED of being beat over the top ever so they content themselves with getting beat consistently underneath, just like 13 seconds and just like most 3rd and longs this year. 

49 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Considering that almost every 3rd and long going back to forever McNugget and company drop into a deep zone, it isn't much of a surprise that things open up underneath. They are absolutely TERRIFIED of being beat over the top ever so they content themselves with getting beat consistently underneath, just like 13 seconds and just like most 3rd and longs this year. 

And when the Bills seemingly have gotten themselves off the field on 3rd and long there will be a flag half the time ..... five yards for something, automatic first down.

• Agree 1