Jakob Chychrun scratched for trade related reasons

Brawndo

16 minutes ago, tom webster said:

If you are in the camp that wants KA having total control, nothing happening should make you happy. 

And just to be clear, I’m not suggesting there is any meddling going on but there are definitely people within the organization that realize they owe fans something and “wouldn’t be unhappy”  throwing us a none. Adams, on the other hand, is all about the process. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

And just to be clear, I’m not suggesting there is any meddling going on but there are definitely people within the organization that realize they owe fans something and “wouldn’t be unhappy”  throwing us a none. Adams, on the other hand, is all about the process. 

It's a tough call actually, at least from my view, as a fan. Chychruns injury history isn't that terrible, but I have concerns, however, his contract and play fit in nicely here. I guess to me, the push for a playoff spot would be the piece that tilts the scales. We are in position, and if for no other reason, to give the players an addition to help that push along. They're playing meaningful games past January, something this organization hasn't done, at least outside of the rarity, for over a decade.

When your Norris caliber defenseman writes a letter, or at least attaches his name to one, that asks fans to fill the seats in essence, you make the move. The loss of assets isn't going to make or break the process......again, imho.

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

It's a tough call actually, at least from my view, as a fan. Chychruns injury history isn't that terrible, but I have concerns, however, his contract and play fit in nicely here. I guess to me, the push for a playoff spot would be the piece that tilts the scales. We are in position, and if for no other reason, to give the players an addition to help that push along. They're playing meaningful games past January, something this organization hasn't done, at least outside of the rarity, for over a decade.

When your Norris caliber defenseman writes a letter, or at least attaches his name to one, that asks fans to fill the seats in essence, you make the move. The loss of assets isn't going to make or break the process......again, imho.

The bolded was the almost universal refrain in 2015. 

Considering we don't want those assets would have to be, I disagree. 

3 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I understand, but we weren't playing meaningful games this far in to a season. Context matters here, imo. 

Context does matter. The Context of understanding who and what this team is matters. But go ahead, advocate for tossing away assets so you can watch the team lose in the first round. Just like everyone advocated for Murray to use assets to "accelerate" the rebuild. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Context does matter. The Context of understanding who and what this team is matters. But go ahead, advocate for tossing away assets so you can watch the team lose in the first round. Just like everyone advocated for Murray to use assets to "accelerate" the rebuild. 

I respectfully disagree with your understanding of what this team is. Furthermore, I disagree with your view of a potential deal for Chychrun, given defense is identified as in need of an upgrade.

My concern with sticking to the process is the seeming presumption that progressnus linear. There is no guarantee that next year will go as good as this year with regards to not only their own success but the struggles of some of those teams around it. This could be an opportunity lost.

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I get this argument, save for the attitude.

• Like (+1) 4

I don't see us giving up picks and prospects for a guy like Chychrun or Meier, it just doesn't really make sense unless we get them at a discount which is never happening. This is just my opinion but I see the team staying put until the deadline and if they are very close then possibly getting a veteran Dman but other than that I just don't see a big splash it wouldn't make much sense, we don't have a lack of scoring so would Meier really elevate this team more? Is Chychrun so defensive minded that he would prevent games like today happening? My hope is that we pickup 1 or 2 veteran Dmen like Schenn, Murphy or someone of the like and we at worst use a few 2nd round picks to trade away because I don't see Schenn or Murphy being traded for 1st rounders but maybe I'm wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.