GDT: Calgary @ Buffalo. 12.30pm. MSG B, ESPN+

steveoath

6 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

MUST WIN !!

GO SABRES !!

Let's see if the trip to the tropical islands of the Bahamas pays off.  I think it was nice of the Sabres to do that.  Everyone has worked very hard to get to this point.  A little R & R was a good idea.

Now get back in there and fight, fight, FIGHT !!

12:30 EST ?? What a dumb time to drop the puck, eh.

music video hair flip GIF by Lady Gaga

This popped up when entering ‘eh?’. 

You are welcome.

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Good move to rotate out to open the lane, good placement.

Albert Einstein Vintage GIF by US National Archives

I agree, relatively…..

4 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Is Dylan growing a mustache? 

Can he? 

4 hours ago, Doohickie said:

But they were really good shots.

dan levy comedy GIF by CBC

Missed the game and had planned to watch later. Saw some highlights. WTH? WTH Happened? 

Man. That was a disaster. 

We do know what we need aside from growth of the young players.

Another strong defenseman - who plays serious defense. 

A two-way forward who can be physical. We just don't have that. A guy like Horvat would have been ideal. I don't see anyone on the horizon among our prospects. I'd be willing to give up a couple of those - and we have to hope a free agent comes available. Now that we have Cousins locked up I feel pretty good about going after a big free agent or two and also being able to lock up Dahlin in 2024. 

14 minutes ago, FrenchConnection44 said:

Missed the game and had planned to watch later. Saw some highlights. WTH? WTH Happened? 

Man. That was a disaster. 

We do know what we need aside from growth of the young players.

Another strong defenseman - who plays serious defense. 

A two-way forward who can be physical. We just don't have that. A guy like Horvat would have been ideal. I don't see anyone on the horizon among our prospects. I'd be willing to give up a couple of those - and we have to hope a free agent comes available. Now that we have Cousins locked up I feel pretty good about going after a big free agent or two and also being able to lock up Dahlin in 2024. 

Horvat being a two-way forward is a myth. He’s a great face off guy and offensive player but is at best average defensively.

• Like (+1) 2

Well hockey nhl GIF by SportsManias 

4 minutes ago, Ross Rhea said:

Hahaha, just watched that garbage. 30-4 shots and 4-2 half way through. 7-2 final is disgusting. Calgary did anything they wanted, cant let yourself get embarrassingly out physicalled, out cheap shotted, out dirtied, out everything that required a response. Sad how soft this team is.

hockey nhl GIF by SportsManias

OFF 

troll GIF

I was at the game.  It was a decent first period although I noted to my friends and family that the 3 SOG’s in the first is a problem.  They simply overpassed and they let the Flames goalie off the hook.  They had many chances to shoot while others could crash the net for rebounds.   This was another game that we played on the perimeter, no traffic in front of the net.  

The second period was atrocious and they were dominated.  They stood around and watched.  The long break took its toll. 

I won’t point out all the players that stunk today, the list is long, but they are missing something - playoff experience.  I am very dissatisfied with the effort.  I thought DG should have called a timeout at 2-2 and tried to wake them up.  In addition, too much ice time for certain young players in a playoff hockey environment  - we have too many players that need sheltered minutes. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Could’ve called a hold on Zadorov for a hogtie at the blue line. But the refs are letting the Flames grab. 

Call me a homer but the refs were lousy.  Krebs get interfered with no call. Then he gets cross checked in the back and falls and he gets embellishment while the Flames got cross checking.  Why call embellishment when you called the guy for cross checking?   

There were long periods of holding by the flames with no call.  Lots of tick tack hooking.  The interference on Dahlin was wrong, especially given what they let go. 

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Call me a homer but the refs were lousy.  Krebs get interfered with no call. Then he gets cross checked in the back and falls and he gets embellishment while the Flames got cross checking.  Why call embellishment when you called the guy for cross checking?   

There were long periods of holding by the flames with no call.  Lots of tick tack hooking.  The interference on Dahlin was wrong, especially given what they let go. 

homer. 

• Haha (+1) 3

Still seething a bit about that game yesterday.  Two things stuck out to me yesterday.  

The second line was bringing nothing.  Cozens is playing alone much if the time.  He even had to take on a few Flames in scrum with no support.  The kids seem to have hit that rookie wall.  Adding a power forward type (Meier) isn’t going to happen so I guess we press on.  

The 3rd defensive pairing played much more than usual (over 16 mins each) and they struggled.   Adding a solid veteran 4/5 in a trade would really help.   Don’t see it happening but it might be worth it if we are serious and honest about this playoff run.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.