GDT - Sabres @ Jets - January 26, 2023 - 8:00 PM (EST) - MSG and TSN3

Thorny

15 minutes ago, JohnC said:

In this game, I thought none of our lines or defensive pairings were outplayed. That says a lot against this team with one of the best rosters and goalie in the game. Being faster and quicker against St. Louis isn't much of an accomplishment because our roster is constructed to be faster. But to out quick, out pace this high quality roster with a number of offensive studs is a testament to the quality of our lineup. 

3rd in 4 for us, but Jets with the typical tired legs for 1st game back after a long trip. I knew we’d both be tired, but with the advantage of young legs, they’d wear out first. So we took it to ‘em in the second.

Comrie was good enough, didn’t have to make many saves or even many spectacular ones. Wasn’t tested an average amount. Team was good overall defensively. The early season “can’t defend or win w/o Samuelsson” thing was overblown - it was as much an anomaly as the rest of that streak.

Skinner got first star but I wouldn’t have had him in the top 3, he was ok but had a rough first. It was Dahlin, it’s always Dahlin. Honourable mention to Power tonight though he was excellent 

Tuch next for me. Great 2 way today 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 4

When the Bills season’s have ended the last 4 years there’s been a black hole of sadness for Buffalo fans.  

The hockey team was a laughingstock and meaningful games in February and March meant draft position.  

Not anymore.  This team hasn’t been relevant relevant since 2007.  It hasn’t been consistently good since 1995-2002.  

I am blown away by what’s being built here.  

They’re so young.  So talented.  So well coached.   

We’re playing meaningful hockey in the spring.  And we have the pieces being stacked to start getting to June.  

This core looks light years BETTER then those 90s and mid 2000s teams.    

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Good win.

Hope Cozens is OK.

Third game in four nights, Muel out, Comrie in net for the first time in forever. Could have been an easy night to phone it in but these guys came to play tonight.

I am really liking both Joker and Boosh’s games of late and Clague hasn’t hurt them at all when inserted.

Donnie just said Dylan is ok, that Dylan was chomping at the bit to get back out there, and if there was more time left, Donnie would have put him back out there.

• Thanks (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

3rd in 4 for us, but Jets with the typical tired legs for 1st game back after a long trip. I knew we’d both be tired, but with the advantage of young legs, they’d wear out first. So we took it to ‘em in the second.

Comrie was good enough, didn’t have to make many saves or even many spectacular ones. Wasn’t tested an average amount. Team was good overall defensively. The early season “can’t defend or win w/o Samuelsson” thing was overblown - it was as much an anomaly as the rest of that streak.

Skinner got first star buy I wouldn’t have had him in the top 3, he was ok but had a rough first. It was Dahlin, it’s always Dahlin. Honourable mention to Power tonight though he was excellent 

Tuch next for me. Great 2 way today 

I agree with almost everything you said except your opinion on Skinner in this game. He was instrumental on two scores, the Tage and Olofsson goals. He's become more than a scorer; he's also a catalyst. 

4 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Cozens good to go!

Do you know where he got hurt? Was it the throat? 

3 minutes ago, ... said:

Not to nit-pick, but that first goal on Comrie...eeehh. It's fine considering we won, but I don't know if he played that well.

Seems like we are at the point of expecting too much from goalies. It was an uncontested laser from the top hash mark of the circle. Credit to the shooter. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, ... said:

Not to nit-pick, but that first goal on Comrie...eeehh. It's fine considering we won, but I don't know if he played that well.

Wasn’t tested really. Kudos to the overall team effort. He had a few nice saves but add in the 2 he gave up and then total shots against..he didn’t do anything I wouldn’t have expected of a reasonable NHL goalie. Regardless, psyched to see him get a W against his former team. He was good enough for what he faced and it should be a nice confidence building block for him 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.