Sabres Trade Deadline 2023 Discussion

GASabresIUFAN

Playoff contention - What position(s) should KA upgrade for the playoff push?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Playoff contention - What position(s) should KA upgrade without hurting the team long-term

• Goaltender - We need another goalie, I'm not comfortable with UPL, Comrie and Andy for the playoffs
    • 2nd pair Defense - Jokiharju needs to be upgraded
    • 3rd pair Defense - Bryson needs to be upgraded
    • Defense depth - I want someone better than Clague in the 7th D slot
    • Forward depth - We need a better 13th forward than Vinnie or Asplund
    • Scoring Depth - Upgrade one of Mitts or VO now. Don't wait until the off-season
    • 4th line - As much as I like KO and Z, we need more grit and more production from the 4th line
  2. 2. How many deals will KA complete by the trade deadline

• 0 - KA won't spend any assets to help this team
    • 1 or 2 - KA will utilize our cap space to help other deals get done, but won't acquire any help at the deadline
    • 1 or 2 - KA will acquire some D help at the deadline.
    • 3 or 4 - KA will acquire D help and will also pick up assets using our cap space to help others get deals done
    • 5 or more - KA is going to bolster the Sabres and the Amerks.

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Well, if scouts were watching, he scored a goal and wad very noticeable in the game....

Scouts.......SCOUTS!!!!

Vinnie was very good the other night playing with Mitts and Cozens.  If he plays well tonight and Thursday, I’d say the odds of a trade for someone like Greenway diminish.  I’d still like to add Greenway for his physical play and a replacement for KO if he walks at season’s end, but this may be a deal best left for the summer.

So Greg Wyshynski is reporting that the Bruins nearly had a deal done for Chychrun, but couldn’t close it due to salary retention.

The Bruins have no 1st this year and no 2nd rounders for 3 years. Their best prospect might be as good as Rosen. Their next best are at best a full tier below that, and there aren’t many of them.

Im going to conclude that either Wyshynski is wrong, or the price for Chychrun is a helluvalot less than this nonsense about Savoie, Mule and a 1st.

So much ***** floating around out there this time of year.

(Yes, I am aware the Bruins gave up a 1st and 2nd for Orlov that they could have used, but my point remains. They had no single asset as high as any of the 3 parts in the alleged Sabres ask)

Edited by dudacek
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

So Greg Wyshynski is reporting that the Bruins nearly had a deal done for Chychrun, but couldn’t close it due to salary retention.

The Bruins have no 1st this year and no 2nd rounders for 3 years. Their best prospect might be as good as Rosen. Their next best are at best a full tier below that, and there aren’t many of them.

Im going to conclude that either Wyshynski is wrong, or the price for Chychrun is a helluvalot less than this nonsense about Savoie, Mule and a 1st.

I think the word your looking for is so much “Bat Guano” floating around this time of year.

6 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I know He’s not the best source, but Pagnotta mentioned that Adams is lying in the weeds waiting for prices to drop 

It’s a fine line. Sometimes you can overplay your hand. However, generally speaking, setting your price and sticking to it us the best way of doing business. We will see if it pays off this time.

41 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I like whats going on here. Adam's is most likely going to get some great reduced prices as teams that are still trying to be sellers go in to panic mode come Friday as they missed the "all week long" action. 

If that happens, great, you get some bargains.

If it doesn't happen, no big deal.  You have a team full of young guys that have worked well together so far.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I like whats going on here. Adam's is most likely going to get some great reduced prices as teams that are still trying to be sellers go in to panic mode come Friday as they missed the "all week long" action. 

Just asked this in the other trade thread. There are a billion defencemen still available.

4 minutes ago, tom webster said:

It’s a fine line. Sometimes you can overplay your hand. However, generally speaking, setting your price and sticking to it us the best way of doing business. We will see if it pays off this time.

The beauty of this is that he can afford to wait.

As much as a few want to sell the farm to make the playoffs, they can do that without selling the farm, and making the playoffs is absolutely as far as they are going to go.

3 of the Rangers, Bruins, Lightning and Leafs are going to live to regret what they’re doing.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

If it doesn't happen, no big deal.  You have a team full of young guys that have worked well together so far.

A playoff team with 4 picks in the first two rounds ain't too shabby either.

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

3 of the Rangers, Bruins, Lightning and Leafs are going to live to regret what they’re doing.

💯 % agree. The 2023 Eastern Conference arms race is going to blow the door wide open for the Sabres multiple, yes multiple victorious Cup run seasons in just a short time. I'm actually loving watching this unfold.

• Thanks (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Just asked this in the other trade thread. There are a billion defencemen still available.

The beauty of this is that he can afford to wait.

As much as a few want to sell the farm to make the playoffs, they can do that without selling the farm, and making the playoffs is absolutely as far as they are going to go.

Three of these four teams will be disappointed but I’m not sure any of them did anything that will hinder them going forward.

4 hours ago, dudacek said:

(Yes, I am aware the Bruins gave up a 1st and 2nd for Orlov that they could have used, but my point remains. They had no single asset as high as any of the 3 parts in the alleged Sabres ask)

How good is Rosen? Does he project to being a second-line caliber of player?

9 minutes ago, JohnC said:

How good is Rosen? Does he project to being a second-line caliber of player?

Personally, I think he has a Tyler Ennis ceiling and a bust floor.

Less than 2 years ago the Sabres thought he was no worse than the 13th-best player in the draft, so I’d say 2nd line or better has to be their projection.

Edited by dudacek
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

This is what KA is all about. Today doesn't matter nearly as much as tomorrow and the future beyond that. He will trade if and when it is too good of a deal to pass up and it absolutely has to have very strong potential to make the Sabres a better team going forward beyond this year. He is walking his talk. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

First mention of UPL by an “insider?”

And from the wording, he’s being dangled in order to get what we’re looking for. 

That’s an attention grabber.

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.