GDT - Sabres @ Capitals - January 3, 2023 - 7:00 PM (EST) - MSG and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

16 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I'll take that period.  The slouched a bit in the second half but got out with the lead.

Sure. One to go.  Get ready for the Caps to come hard.    We need to NOT lay back and clear the puck.   Instead let’s get a few more goals.    

Edited by Pimlach
  • Agree 4

That 14-0-1 stat is pretty nice..

I suspect that they will need another goal or two with the way the Caps finished that period.  Would be nice to get some contribution from someone outside of the top line.  Wonder if Granato is going to let the kids play in the third

• Thanks (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I just have to say, Ovechkin is the greatest pure goal scorer I've ever seen play the game. His shot placement is just so dam good. When he's gone, retired, I will miss seeing him play.

It’s too bad Bossy’s career was cut short, he could have scored around 800.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Ctaeth said:

I suspect that they will need another goal or two with the way the Caps finished that period.  Would be nice to get some contribution from someone outside of the top line.  Wonder if Granato is going to let the kids play in the third

Expecting he'll continue rolling 4 lines more or less.  (Thompson line might steal an extra shift here or there.)  All 4 lines have played pretty well overall.  D have been pretty solid too.  But would more expect the, going to 4 D sooner than 3 lines.

10 minutes ago, Ctaeth said:

Balance is good.  But a TNT Hattie is good too. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.