GDT: 1/1/23—Happy New Year Edition—Sabres @ Senators // 7ET on MSG

#freejame

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

And if Erik Karlsson gets the Norris  The NHL is an absolute joke He is horse s*** at Playing any sort of defense 

We agree on that.  Dahlin didn’t have a great game, but he looked like he was the best guy on ice for Buffalo tonight.  Ottawa was obsessed with him, they know it.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

As it turned out they didn't control the puck anyway.

Well another forward on the ice might of changed that... no? just because they got beat when they finally did pull the goalie doesn't mean it would of happened before.

Edited by FanaticSense06

1 minute ago, Believer said:

We got beat by a hungrier team… Disappointing… On the leaders… On the coaches… 

Relying on one line to play 30 minutes a game isn’t sustainable either. 

I get why your top 5 are toast tonight. I would have liked to have the team step up. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

And if Erik Karlsson gets the Norris  The NHL is an absolute joke He is horse s*** at Playing any sort of defense 

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I guess the coach doesn't want to make the playoffs either 😕

Who are you talking to and why?

12 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

You have to win games like these I don't care about that streak you have to beat bad teams .

Ugh

It appears that there is not very much separation between Buffalo, Detroit, and Ottawa.  In the recent games everyone is 1-1. 

I still think Buffalo has the most upside to break away from this group.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Pimlach said:

It appears that there is not very much separation between Buffalo, Detroit, and Ottawa.  In the recent games everyone is 1-1. 

I still think Buffalo has the most upside to break away from this group.  

Why do you think that? Cuz I'm not really sure if that's true.

They definitely were a little off tonight...lots of opportunities for good chances with a better pass and they just seemed to always end up in a skate or be just a little too far and made the players reach for it and gave the defense time to get to them...

Still had some really good chances, just didn't bury them.

I'm going to go with them being a little tired from 3 games in 4 nights. Hopefully they have a better outing next game.

• Like (+1) 3

Granato making some bad decisions tonight... Overplaying Dahlin and his first line AGAIN in back to back nights while his rookies sit on the bench and watch...

Not pulling the goalie on 3 face-offs in the offensive zone makes no sense... we had to score...

I dunno when we became a 1 line team and Granato started this crap with overplaying Dahlin and his first line, but it needs to stop, now.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

People sometimes ask me my opinion on Don Granato.  I'm undecided.  That 5-on-3 in the first period, and the failure to pull Anderson in a timely manner, are reasons why.

Think what you want but he's far better than what we've had in recent years

Every coach, even respected one's, make mistakes here and there 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

We had a lot of shots, but most were inconsequential as they were at the perimeter.  The high danger shots that we were afforded we simply did not finish.  We certainly didn't do a consistent job clearing the front of our own net; to say nothing of providing any type of consistent harassment of Forsberg.  We obviously have work to continue as we build this team.  I'd like to see some more grit in this lineup, as well.

Edited by Dreams Burn Down

2 minutes ago, FanaticSense06 said:

Granato making some bad decisions tonight... Overplaying Dahlin and his first line AGAIN in back to back nights while his rookies sit on the bench and watch...

Not pulling the goalie on 3 face-offs in the offensive zone makes no sense... we had to score...

I dunno when we became a 1 line team and Granato started this crap with overplaying Dahlin and his first line, but it needs to stop, now.

The first line all played less than 20 minutes. That’s reasonable for a first line of a team that is down and is trying to win. Dahlin did play a lot, but he was the best looking Sabre out there tonight IMO. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.