GDT: 1/1/23—Happy New Year Edition—Sabres @ Senators // 7ET on MSG

#freejame

Happy New Year, 'Spacers!

It must be noted that the last time these teams met, the Sens won. But it must also be noted that the Muel was not on the ice. Boushh was on one leg. It was also the game in which Comrie got injured courtesy of Dahlin planting Joseph right into his own goalie. Season series tied 1-1. Both teams believe these are the games they should win.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Ottawa gets in the crease better than most teams in the NHL.  The Sabres are not good at clearing the front of the net, in fact I dare say they leave opponents between the D and the tendy as part of their strategy (still boggles my mind).  This is why I think they have troubles with Ottawa.

Time to step it up.  Gotta get these wins if you want a shot at the playoffs.

11 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

By my calculations we cannot lose again if we want to win the cup

Without precise calculations you could fly right through a star or bounce too close to a supernova and that would end your Cup-run real quick, wouldn't it?

Also: the math checks out. 66-14-2 would qualify for the playoffs and 16-0 in the playoffs wins the Cup.

• Haha (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Skinner, Peterka, or Dahlin with a goal 

Good call on JJP. The kid line was definitely worn down during the 5 wins leading into the holiday+blizzard break. In those 5 wins they combined for 1G,3A. They got rested and looked dangerous again against Boston. JJP-Cozens-Quinn gets at least 1 goal today and probably 4 points between them.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.