GDT: Red Wings @ Sabres 7 pm 12/29/22 TV: MSG and Radio: WGR55

bob_sauve28

The breath of tonight.....a packed house, a young potential #1 goalie is emerging and secondary scoring leads the charge after a 10 day hiatus.

The story doesn't write itself, these young'ns with their veteran Captain are writing it before the Buffalo fan bases very eyes.

Go Sabres!!!

Edited by Scottysabres
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yup and Buffalo is dumb giving Thompson an extension based on 1 year and Samuelsson an extension cuz he didn't even score a goal yet. 

I don't think we can expect TNT to keep up his scoring pace throughout the year but he doesn't need to in order to be worth way more than his contract. Most people probably thought that contract was a gamble when it was announced. It's the kind of move a great GM makes based on real belief in a player and confidence with his standing with the organization. Great contract with Samuelson of course but that deal was less of a gamble.

12 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

This may be the Sabres best game of the season...they are giving Detroit almost nothing in the defensive zone and coming back with 5 guys backchecking hard.

Other than a couple odd man breaks, the Sabres have been extremely solid in the D zone and all over Detroit offensively.

It's like a shooting gallery in the Detroit zone for the Sabres 

I agree.  Keeping it up in the 3rd will be a sign of maturity for the team.  You have to also factor in the home ice and very well rested team playing a tired team on a B2B. 

Let’s put in De-Troy-It’s head that we own them now, and for a long time coming.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, grinreaper said:

I don't think we can expect TNT to keep up his scoring pace throughout the year but he doesn't need to in order to be worth way more than his contract. Most people probably thought that contract was a gamble when it was announced. It's the kind of move a great GM makes based on real belief in a player and confidence with his standing with the organization. Great contract with Samuelson of course but that deal was less of a gamble.

I think Thompson scoring 50 is a real possibility. 

Just now, Pimlach said:

I agree.  Keeping it up in the 3rd will be a sign of maturity for the team.  You have to also factor in the home ice and very well rested team playing a tired team on a B2B. 

Let’s put in De-Troy-It’s head that we own them now, and for a long time coming.  

I feel like a wise tiger or maybe a lion said this earlier today.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Could have easily made the excuse of a team that was rusty or hadn't practiced in a while if they looked bad.

It is what it is, Sabres are hammering them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.