GDT: Penguins @ Sabres, Friday, 12/9/22, 7pm MSG

steveoath

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

I don’t understand how what happened to Anderson had anything to do with Skinner and Genzel.  

Their scrum was not even close to Anderson.  They were going at it for another reason not seen by the ref apparently.  

The veteran team kept is close when they were getting outplayed.  Then they won the 3rd and stole the game. 

True. I have no clue either 

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

I don’t understand how what happened to Anderson had anything to do with Skinner and Genzel.  

Their scrum was not even close to Anderson.  They were going at it for another reason not seen by the ref apparently.  

The veteran team kept is close when they were getting outplayed.  Then they won the 3rd and stole the game. 

In my opinion, it was Genzel who slashed Anderson...the rest of the guys went after the wrong guy....Skinner was the only one who saw that Genzel was the culprit.  Replay may prove me wrong, but that's what I thought I saw.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

Excellent? On the second goal he barely gets it to Jost who fires the pass to Olofsson. Am I not remembering that right?

Second goal was a Mitts to Thompson to Skinner.  Mitts’ pass was zipped across the rink to an open Thompson.  On the first goal Dahlin to Casey who drop passes to a charging Jost who snaps to the middle to VO.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Believer said:

Run at Anderson that prompted the penalty to Skinner was probably purposeful to take Anderson and the Sabres off their game… 

1 minute ago, Carmel Corn said:

In my opinion, it was Genzel who slashed Anderson...the rest of the guys went after the wrong guy....Skinner was the only one who saw that Genzel was the culprit.  Replay may prove me wrong, but that's what I thought I saw.

I sure hope they use this as a learning tool. It's how veteran teams beat A team of puppies. This isn't the first time we have seen this against them. They better learn how to deal with it better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Ok. Thanks for that info 

6 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Stop. Pittsburgh got lucky and we didn't. It wasn't this veteran team bs. We hit the outside of 3 posts, they hit the inside of 1. It was a good solid game and Skinner screwed up. 

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I sure hope they use this as a learning tool. It's how veteran teams beat A team of puppies. This isn't the first time we have seen this against them. They better learn how to deal with it better.

Bored Rowan Atkinson GIF by Working Title

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Second goal was a Mitts to Thompson to Skinner.  Mitts’ pass was zipped across the rink to an open Thompson.  On the first goal Dahlin to Casey who drop passes to a charging Jost who snaps to the middle to VO.

Either way, only 1 of his assists would I call excellent. 

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

He’ll be traded for Chychrun by then.

I doubt any team is fooled by his once in a few months good game. They know the book on Casey and I doubt the Yotes would be demanding him as part of any deal. Maybe as a throw in perhaps.

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Yeah, we’ve been saying that about Casey and Co. for a long time as well. I’ll need to see a good six game stretch like tonight before I can get excited.

Which is fair.

Now that they AREN'T being forced into 2nd line duty it very well could happen.  Not saying it will, but it can happen.  Getting matchups where they aren't flat out overmatched will help.  Getting points in this 3rd scoring line / 4th line overall ice time usage should build their confidence which seemed to take a hit w/ the demotion.

They SHOULD be able to thrive in this new role.  Will they?  We shall see.

Crosby was almost in fake tears when he was called on that penalty. I heard somewhere that he was enrolled over the Summer in Tom Brady's "How To Whine and Get a Call" seminar. Obviously it was just a refresher course. 

Okposo made a really nice shot to score the tying goal. Quinn made a better play with his pass to him.

Criticize Anderson for not stopping the Penguins 3rd goal because of the angle but his positioning was almost perfect. There was about 2" worth of room for that puck to go in. 

Skinner was stupid to go high with the crosscheck. Pull a Brier and give Guentzel what he gave Ovenchkin. 

2 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

It doesn't matter what Genzel did. Skinner lost control at a critical juncture. If Skinner would have sticked him a few times that would have been more than enough retaliation. He and the other combatant would then have been directed to the penalty box. Skinner is a very intense player but you have to have a better presence of mind to understand the situation. Skinner lost his composure and the Sabres ended up losing the game. 

This was a good game. As someone else mentioned when Tage was covered on the PP Cozens has to shoot the puck. There were good enough shooting lanes to get the puck to the net. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

And on the one that sent it to OT, he carried it into & through the zone, sent it to the point then got it back under pressure and backhanded it to a now open Quinn.  It was a very nice play overall & without him doing the work to get it into the zone Quinn doesn't get the puck w/ the space to make the really nice pass to Okposo who took a great shot.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Stop. Pittsburgh got lucky and we didn't. It wasn't this veteran team bs. We hit the outside of 3 posts, they hit the inside of 1. It was a good solid game and Skinner screwed up. 

Bored Rowan Atkinson GIF by Working Title

Either way, only 1 of his assists would I call excellent. 

Thank god I don't speak GIF. That Way I don't have to listen to you.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Mitts had a good game. He had three assists and was a plus 2. It seems that some people are reluctant to give him credit when it is due. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.