Trade targets

sweetlou

32 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I mean I hate to be a Debbie downer  But can someone name me one thing just 1  rumor thats has leaked and come true since adams. has been here.

He IS very cagey about roster building.  Do we have evidence that he is as harsh as Darcy Regier, who allegedly was known to kill trade talks if the other side leaked?

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

I mean I hate to be a Debbie downer  But can someone name me one thing just 1  rumor thats has leaked and come true since adams. has been here.

The rumour that we got Matt Irwin was proven true. The rumour was leaked by Adams himself by way of video 

5 hours ago, dudacek said:

You want to address the Sabres biggest needs in one fell swoop? Without blowing up our cap, or bringing in guys who don’t fit our window?

• Matt Savoie, Unprotected 2023 1st, 1 of Mitts, Olofsson, Jokiharju, plus Eric Portillo and either Asplund or a prospect of similar value

for 

• Chychrun, Lawson Crouse

This assumes the Coyotes focus is maximizing low cost future assets while tanking until their new arena is built.

Coyotes aren’t going to get a better asset than Savoie, or a better first than ours to meet their Chychrun demand. The price they pay for 2 premium assets is Crouse. The other 3 pieces should have enough value to make up the difference. We add Bishop if they need to take on fake salary under the cap.

I think, given what we know about each franchise’s mindset, the deal has merit for both sides.

Thoughts?

That looks like an over payment to me.  I'm interested in seeing what Arizona eventually gets for Chychrun.  Despite the rumors I think they would jump at Savoie and a 1st for him if Adams made the offer but I suspect he might want to use one of the other first rounders like Rosen.

I was convinced the Sabres were going to draft Chychrun in the 2016 Draft, not Nylander.  If they taken him then swap him for Jokiharju in the current lineup.  But of course there were other better options as well on D like McAvoy and Sergachev in hindsight.  Funny looking back at that list now with Tage at 26th and Jost at 10th.  Quite a few busts that draft.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thorny said:

6 for Power that’s interesting. Coming off his ELC I guess? (Sort of rights the Dahlin bridge wrong). Do you really think it’ll come in that low? 

Dahlin averaged 7g 36a in his first 3 seasons based on a full schedule (Covid limited two of his first 3 seasons) playing about 21 minutes a night.  His bridge deal was 3 years 6 mill and signed by KA.  

Power is on pace for about 32-35 pts his rookie year and skating about 23.5 minutes a night.  He hasn't scored a goal yet this season for some odd reason.  I'm sure that will correct itself soon.  

As of right now I think Dahlin's deal is a reasonable place to start with Power. Of course he could blow the doors off next season and then we're talking even more money, but as of right now I'd say we are in the similar bridge range for Power.

4 hours ago, Marvin said:

They want all of your Buffalo stuff for Chychrun alone.  And Mittlestadt probably needs to be swapped out for Kulich to get Chychrun.  And you need 2 young, excellent pieces, like Quinn and Peterka, for Crouse.

Pass on any deal with Kulich in it. 

27 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Dahlin averaged 7g 36a in his first 3 seasons based on a full schedule (Covid limited two of his first 3 seasons) playing about 21 minutes a night.  His bridge deal was 3 years 6 mill and signed by KA.  

Power is on pace for about 32-35 pts his rookie year and skating about 23.5 minutes a night.  He hasn't scored a goal yet this season for some odd reason.  I'm sure that will correct itself soon.  

As of right now I think Dahlin's deal is a reasonable place to start with Power. Of course he could blow the doors off next season and then we're talking even more money, but as of right now I'd say we are in the similar bridge range for Power.

Right I was talking his eventual LT deal 

5 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

I would need to see some type of link to prove that.

Because all the insiders  har him going to the ducks .

And then some b******* rumor about the Calgary flames

No, I don't remember Tuch and Krebs being mentioned specifically but Vegas was definitely rumoured to be where Eichel was headed several times prior to the trade. Ducks were also mentioned as a possible like you say. 

10 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Krueger limited 2 of his 3 first seasons. 

I wouldn't bridge Power. 

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

I would need to see some type of link to prove that.

Because all the insiders  har him going to the ducks .

And then some b******* rumor about the Calgary flames

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10016711-jack-eichel-trade-rumors-flames-golden-knights-among-finalists-for-sabres-star

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

That was all because of Jacks agent . Can someone find me an actual leak of a player that we traded for .

How about hall No one had that.

Sam ? No one 

Ristolainen ? no one 

Eric staal  ? No one 

If Buffalo makes a trade it will be a player that no one expected

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

No, I don't remember Tuch and Krebs being mentioned specifically but Vegas was definitely rumoured to be where Eichel was headed several times prior to the trade. Ducks were also mentioned as a possible like you say. 

Well I mentioned Vegas with those two but only because I overheard inside information about a week before the trade.  
But that wasn’t an actual report. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Not bad right.  I should have bought a lottery ticket.

I’m not sure they can afford not to especially if JJP and Quinn have big seasons next year.   

Not sure they can afford to bridge him if the goal is to keep the Big 3 plus the Joker in house long term.  They have $15 MM plus in cap space at present & the cap will go up.  Adams is on record as saying often he plans to spend on the guys in house that earn it.  Dahlin & Cozens will eat a lot of that space but not all.  Power’s contract will come due before either Quinn's or Peterka's contracts come due.  There is more in the cupboard at F and if necessary 1 of them can get bridged in 2 years.  That's when Adaams will have to start making decisions on which F's he's keeping moving forward.  Expect the pieces of the Jost line are what end up getting moved out & if they are there'll be room and cap room for the 2 kid Ws.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.