GDT: Boston at Buffalo, Nov. 12, 2022, 7pm, MSG, WGR

Eleven

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

Well, shoot. What a crappy 5-game stretch.

However, play like they did tonight (particularly in goal) and they'll do fine in the next 6. They'll get back above .500.

Need to get a winning streak going, I feel down but I hope they are pumped to win some games. They have played well except for the Arizona game. If they play like tonight they should beat many teams.

• Like (+1) 1

Tough game to lose. We played a good game. Not good enough as we could not beat their backup 

I think the defense could be shooting more.  Let’s get more traffic in front and let them shoot. 

I finally  saw more from Quinn tonight as he had several chances. If he, Cozens and Petetka are the line of the future then we more from Mitts, VO and whoever they play with.  

Sick of the nhl and the way they allow games to be called. Little moments in games matter (see high stick at two two against Vegas that wasn’t called and 30’secs later it’s 3-2) 

We didn’t lost tonight because of refs but apparently Marchand gets away with something and we get called and game changes. We haven’t learned how to overcome those moments. And we need some toughness too. Cozens is too important to be our enforcer!

We need some vet help. Canucks haven’t signed Horvat. Look up his stats. Only McDavid has more goals in last 35 games. He’s the best face off man in nhl. We need a guy like him. Some d help, better tending. We will get there. I can’t wait to see the tables turn on a team like Boston. F them. Rant over.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Lol. He didn't pull him at all! The Sabres had clear control in the o zone after the penalty. Plenty of time left.

I know.  I think he waits until under 2:00 with clear offencive zone possession before he pulls the goalie.  I think that is too conservative.

2 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Rob Ray shut up there are no moral victories. We lost. Largely imo , because of our lack of experience. We were right in the thick of it the first two periods but the 3rd the Bruins experience showed. 

But doesn’t the call on boosh change the game? Just sayin!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Justin C said:

Yeah I mean 4 of these losses are too Cup contenders. They’ve played well for a lot of them. Sure it sucks they lost all of them but I’ll worry when they are constantly losing to the bottom of the league.

Its amazing Reddit is more reasonable than this place.

Thumbs up 

8 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Well, shoot. What a crappy 5-game stretch.

However, play like they did tonight (particularly in goal) and they'll do fine in the next 6. They'll get back above .500.

If they work.  They cannot let down against any teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

Yes, The bottom 2 or 3 on the D-unit aren't great but they didn't cost  the game/all the goals tonight.

-First Boston goal on the PP, everyone was positionally sound, a defelction and then the puck going through players like a pinball. No ones fault on that one.

-2nd Boston goal, Quinn/Krebs not winning battles/getting to loose pucks on the boards strikes again.  Quinn this time, not even close to controlling it (I swear that exact same spot is where Quinn and Krebs lose all their battles in the D-zone).

-3rd Boston goal. This one was a mess all over. D-play here was an issue I have to admit after watching the replay. I want Bryson's to pass that puck up the ice and out of the zone on the original zone entry. After the puck goes up the boards, I would LIKE Skinner to control it better (but it was a tough puck to control) Then Boston kicks the puck off a skate UP to a stick in the air, to ANOTHER stick in the air, Pilut overskates and takes himself out of the play, Skinner could have broken it up if he hustled back quicker. Bryson played the 2-1 as good as he could.  Thompson no-where to be found (probably because he NEEDED to be up the ice because he needed to press with the Sabres down a goal).  

This 3rd Boston goal has a lot going on, but part of it is a bad exit pass/choice by Bryson, Skinner not scooping up a loose puck and getting back late, and pilut overplaying the puck/guy.

Edited by mjd1001

not nice falling below the 81 point bylsma pace

still, their metrics (I know, I know) seem to indicate we shall rise above that

but 5 losses is still 5 losses, and that's discouraging for a team that was 7-3 with a history of the old fast start and then collapse special. 

Next 10 shall be very interesting

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Rob Ray shut up there are no moral victories. We lost. Largely imo , because of our lack of experience. We were right in the thick of it the first two periods but the 3rd the Bruins experience showed. 

Agree… Okposo was out tonight… but we need Girgenson, Skinner, Tuch, Olofsson, Hinostroza to lead by example and drive play in the 3rd period… Need to be finishers

Edited by Believer
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Toilet_Mop said:

Eh pulling the goalie isn't that effective anyway 

it significantly increases the likelihood of event, both positive and negative. in a time-sensitive situation, that's a trade off you always take

it's a time tested NHL strategy and if anything goaltenders are being pulled earlier and earlier based on the suggestion of the underlyings

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

it significantly increases the likelihood of event, both positive and negative. in a time-sensitive situation, that's a trade off you always take

it's a time tested NHL strategy and if anything goaltenders are being pulled earlier and earlier based on the suggestion of the underlyings

That's fine and I agree you should do it. They were down 2 goals though. I'd like to see the statistics on how many goals are scored per goalie pull 

2 minutes ago, Toilet_Mop said:

That's fine and I agree you should do it. They were down 2 goals though. I'd like to see the statistics on how many goals are scored per goalie pull 

I think what PA was getting at more so is, what possible argument can you make for not doing it? what's the downside, if scoring two remains at least a reasonable possibility should you do so?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.