GDT: Boston at Buffalo, Nov. 12, 2022, 7pm, MSG, WGR

Eleven

Just now, Thorny said:

I think what PA was getting at more so is, what possible argument can you make for not doing it? what's the downside, if scoring two remains at least a reasonable possibility should you do so?

Agreed. But it's like an onside kick in football. Low percentage and a desperate measure. 

If my team doesn't get the onside kick I just chalk it up as a loss and move on

They didn't pull the goalie. Oh well. We played hard and lost to a very good team, If not the best. Tomorrow's a new day 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Toilet_Mop said:

Agreed. But it's like an onside kick in football. Low percentage and a desperate measure. 

If my team doesn't get the onside kick I just chalk it up as a loss and move on

They didn't pull the goalie. Oh well. We played hard and lost to a very good team, If not the best. Tomorrow's a new day 

Would be kinda funny though if a team was within striking distance re: time remaining in game and scores required, yet kicked it deep thus sealing the game, when an onside was an option. would be a funny visual 

Edited by Thorny

12 minutes ago, CTJoe said:

great - moral victory iIi

Seriously, THAT is where this team is in the developmental curve. Any of the last years, the boys would have curled up in their shell. THIS team is growing & playing with top teams on a more consistent basis. May not result in as many wins as we want this year, but as noted earlier, the youngins are growing into their NHL bodies & game. Additionally, the goaltending will come along with UPL this/next year & Levi/Portillo 2 yrs (AHL next year IMO). 
Patiencemy young Padewan a virtue it is. GIF by Star Wars

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Would be kinda funny though if a team was within striking distance re: time remaining in game and scores required, yet kicked it deep thus sealing the game, when an onside was an option. would be a funny visual 

Loool it would be. F it we're gonna lose anyway 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I think what PA was getting at more so is, what possible argument can you make for not doing it? what's the downside, if scoring two remains at least a reasonable possibility should you do so?

I think @PASabreFan is driving at pulling the goaltender about 1 minute before the 3rd Boston goal.

Edited by Marvin
Triplicate post.
  • Like (+1) 1

I am already tired of losing. I keep thinking of the missed opportunities and the failure to take shots and get traffic in front.

We have got to stop the losing next game at home.   We are 7-8 and we have Canucks, @Sens, @Leaves, @Habs, Blues and Devils - all by Thanksgiving weekend.  No reason we can't be 12-9 or 11-10 on Nov 25th.  

Are we getting Samuelsson back soon? 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

I am already tired of losing. I keep thinking of the missed opportunities and the failure to take shots and get traffic in front.

We have got to stop the losing next game at home.   Weare 7-8 and we have Canucks, @Sens, @Leaves, @Habs, Blues and Devils - all by Thanksgiving weekend.  No reason we can't be 12-9 or 11-10 on Nov 25th.  

Are we getting Samuelsson back soon? 

They set Samuelsson’s locker up again today, which means he’ll be practicing soon. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

20 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

-2nd Boston goal, Quinn/Krebs not winning battles/getting to loose pucks on the boards strikes again.  Quinn this time, not even close to controlling it (I swear that exact same spot is where Quinn and Krebs lose all their battles in the D-zone).

And Mitts had a chance to hit Nosek but instead chose a weak, stick check that missed.  Their 4th line, which is physical was matched against our 3rd, which just isn’t.  That line struggled at the end of the second as well.    Quinn had a decent game so I do not want to take away from his offensive effort.  

1 minute ago, Broken Ankles said:

And Mitts had a chance to hit Nosek but instead chose a weak, stick check that missed.  Their 4th line, which is physical was matched against our 3rd, which just isn’t.  That line struggled at the end of the second as well.    Quinn had a decent game so I do not want to take away from his offensive effort.  

In years long past, this would have been blamed on the coach.

7 minutes ago, Toilet_Mop said:

All that is true tho 

Yep, and it’s been true each and every one of the 1,000 other times he trotted out the same tired platitudes. I’m convinced that this team and everyone involved in every aspect of it has confused effort for results. They should be pissed instead of encouraged.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yep, and it’s been true each and every one of the 1,000 other times he trotted out the same tired platitudes. I’m convinced that this team and everyone involved in every aspect of it has confused effort for results. They should be pissed instead of encouraged.

Lol he's been the coach for less than two years. Do you want him fired already 

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

It really comes down to perspective. As fans it’s been 12 years of frustration. If you just started watching 3 or 4 years ago most of us would be thrilled with the direction the team is heading and be extremely excited for the future. Personally, I’m were you are at for about 15 minutes after the game ends. After that, I start to get extremely excited for where they seem to be heading.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Thorny said:

It's more about the coach's mindset. You fight until it's hopeless.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Toilet_Mop said:

Lol he's been the coach for less than two years. Do you want him fired already 

Nope… Want to hear him emphasizing the importance of winning… and sending out his best team each night

Edited by Believer

28 minutes ago, tom webster said:

It really comes down to perspective. As fans it’s been 12 years of frustration. If you just started watching 3 or 4 years ago most of us would be thrilled with the direction the team is heading and be extremely excited for the future. Personally, I’m were you are at for about 15 minutes after the game ends. After that, I start to get extremely excited for where they seem to be heading.

I agree with everything here, especially the point about perspective. Don’t get me wrong, I like DG as a coach and I like the potential of several current players. As I said above, I just want him to change his messaging. We’ve lost enough, high effort, never say die games so we know his players will compete, regardless. I think the focus has to shift to results. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, mjd1001 said:

Yes, The bottom 2 or 3 on the D-unit aren't great but they didn't cost  the game/all the goals tonight.

-First Boston goal on the PP, everyone was positionally sound, a defelction and then the puck going through players like a pinball. No ones fault on that one.

-2nd Boston goal, Quinn/Krebs not winning battles/getting to loose pucks on the boards strikes again.  Quinn this time, not even close to controlling it (I swear that exact same spot is where Quinn and Krebs lose all their battles in the D-zone).

-3rd Boston goal. This one was a mess all over. D-play here was an issue I have to admit after watching the replay. I want Bryson's to pass that puck up the ice and out of the zone on the original zone entry. After the puck goes up the boards, I would LIKE Skinner to control it better (but it was a tough puck to control) Then Boston kicks the puck off a skate UP to a stick in the air, to ANOTHER stick in the air, Pilut overskates and takes himself out of the play, Skinner could have broken it up if he hustled back quicker. Bryson played the 2-1 as good as he could.  Thompson no-where to be found (probably because he NEEDED to be up the ice because he needed to press with the Sabres down a goal).  

This 3rd Boston goal has a lot going on, but part of it is a bad exit pass/choice by Bryson, Skinner not scooping up a loose puck and getting back late, and pilut overplaying the puck/guy.

2nd goal was - Quinn, Cozens, Peterka.  Bryson, Fitzgerald.  After a TV timeout.  That's on the coach putting out that line (3 Amerks and a 6/7 d-man wtf) at that point in the game.  Well yeah and mostly Quinn who lost the puck battle badly on the boards.

Pretty good effort overall. They got in the passing lanes well and disrupted the Bruins game early on but keep in mind from what I saw the Bruins pretty much slept through the first half plus and only played their A game in the 3rd. Anderson was pretty good. Bruins dominated the dirty areas in front and on the wall as always. 

Tage's goal was nice. He played well. I thought Cozens played well. The D was spotty as usual. 

At least Hall didn't score 🙂

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.